Transformers TF Movie speculation thread. Misc. Theories, comments, etc....

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
If the movie is about what's been rumored (The Decepticons looking for Megatron among other things) who do you guys think will be the acting Decepticon leader? Starscream? It would make a nice rift between the two once Megatron is found and Starscream has to step down.

Megatron being the one trapped in the ice and experimented upon? Sounds a little far fetched considering he's sopposed to be discovered in the ice in the early 1900's (?) when technology would not have been that great.

Also i would just love to hear Prime say "one shall stand, one shall fall"

I'd trade, "One shall stand, one shall fall" for "Autobots...ROLL OUT!"

nosebleed said:
I'd trade, "One shall stand, one shall fall" for "Autobots...ROLL OUT!"
Yeah, same here. It was in the reviewed script (apparently) and I don't see why they'd change it.

And just because Megatron is found in the early 1900's it doesn't mean they have to perform every possible experiment straight away regardless of wether they're able to or not. Although personally I just find the whole concept of Megatron being responsible for every invention under the sun to be a bit silly and unecessary.

Dunno, maybe it won't play out so bad when seen in its proper context.

And Soundwave was referred to as a lieutenant before the whole Kennywave thing so I'm sure his status would've changed aswell.

E: In reference to you Starscream/leadership point. ^

Spark said:
Yeah, same here. It was in the reviewed script (apparently) and I don't see why they'd change it.

And just because Megatron is found in the early 1900's it doesn't mean they have to perform every possible experiment straight away regardless of wether they're able to or not. Although personally I just find the whole concept of Megatron being responsible for every invention under the sun to be a bit silly and unecessary.

Dunno, maybe it won't play out so bad when seen in its proper context.

E: In reference to you Starscream/leadership point. ^

I think Megatron (if that's who has been captured) will only be used for the development of military stuff, such as Jet Fighters (Cybertronian Jet and all), and maybe the Atomic Bomb (Megatron's Fusion Cannon).

I also agree, that would make for excellent writing/story if Screamer gets pissed off about Megatron coming back and he has to step down.

^ Yeah I like that as well.

And "Autobots ... ROLL OUT" > "One shall stand, One shall fall."

Spark said:
And just because Megatron is found in the early 1900's it doesn't mean they have to perform every possible experiment straight away regardless of wether they're able to or not.
I meant it in the context of that in the early 1900's the technology to 'trap him' (unless he was some how been inactive) and transport him would have been very primitive in comparison to his advanced cybertronian technology. In other words he would have been able to escape easily. I presume that he is de-activated while being held.

You guys really don't like the "One shall stand.." line do you? I think it would be cool to hear Prime say it in the final battle with Megatron. I love the line too but "Roll out" is gonna sound corny...this is not the cartoon you know, unlss it is delivered perfectly and within good context of what's going on in the scene.

How about these:

"Starscream, activate the Nole ray"- Megatron.

"Soundwave, prepare the energon cubes"- Megatron.

"This is for cybertron..and earth!"- any randomn Autobot.

That's all i can think of right now.

the last scene will say coming soon TF2: Challenge of the GoBots!

Why do you guys think that Megatron is captured/trapped?

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
If the movie is about what's been rumored (The Decepticons looking for Megatron among other things) who do you guys think will be the acting Decepticon leader? Starscream? It would make a nice rift between the two once Megatron is found and Starscream has to step down.

Megatron being the one trapped in the ice and experimented upon? Sounds a little far fetched considering he's sopposed to be discovered in the ice in the early 1900's (?) when technology would not have been that great.

Also i would just love to hear Prime say "one shall stand, one shall fall"

If that's how the story is going...then I think Starcream will be in command.

but I hadn't heard Megatron would be trapped?

WalkingDead said:
I think Megatron (if that's who has been captured) will only be used for the development of military stuff, such as Jet Fighters (Cybertronian Jet and all), and maybe the Atomic Bomb (Megatron's Fusion Cannon).
It was "smaller" than that. Lasers/microchips etc. (from the reviewed script apparently) so he's like the basis for technology the 20th century was forged on.

Although wether that's true or not, only time will tell.
I meant it in the context of that in the early 1900's the technology to 'trap him' (unless he was some how been inactive) and transport him would have been very primitive in comparison to his advanced cybertronian technology. In other words he would have been able to escape easily. I presume that he is de-activated while being held.
Aah, I get what you're saying now. Well the story goes that he's found inactive and remains in "stasis lock" until the present day, so that should answer your question if it's true.

E: Although they must've had a good pulley system in action to drag his carcass from the ice. :o

Spark said:
E: Although they must've had a good pulley system in action to drag his carcass from the ice. :o
Exactly!:up:

Overman27pj said:
Why do you guys think that Megatron is captured/trapped?

The script review. Reports are that the film opens up with a robot being discovered in Antartica, trapped in an iceburg with a Decepticon emblem on him. Rumors(?) have suggested that the opening Decepticon attack on the military base is because they're searching for Megatron. Also, according to the script, Megatron doesn't show up until towards the end of the film for his final battle with Prime. So putting all these facts together one can conclude that Megatron is either on Cybertron for the entire film, then decides to come to earth-or- he's the Decepticon that was trapped in the ice and has been freed from his inactive state, to show up at the end of the film.

Hope this helps.

:)

I would so orgasm on myself if Megatron looked like this:

megatron6jt.jpg

I would so orgasm on myself if Megatron looked like this:
Yeah, Guido should be the only guy allowed to draw Megatron...ever! Although I would've preferred a Stargate style folding of those wheels.

I think an earlier version of his would be perfect though.
g1g220megatronpq6.jpg

^. That's definately cool too, Spark. He has the more traditional Megatron color scheme.:up:

Hopefully. 4.5ft tall, no faceplate, no cool voice (or even a crap one), and no minions. I mean how exactly did they expect people to react? They've almost certainly changed it though and even if Frenzy's isn't supposed to be Brawl's minion it still leaves Soundwave with Rumble if they appear in a sequel.

And yeah, I wasn't particular happy about the TF/human ratio either. Hopefully (as one of the writers said) the script reads differently than it will come across on screen. I'd just like to see the Transformers with more lines regardless so hopefully things have changed since then.

You know, now that I think about it... If you're a giant robot, standing over 20ft tall, and packing some serious alien firepower... You ain't got to say much, your actions wil speak loudly enough.

I wonder if the Decepticons will quote "kill" humans in this movie. I've always wanted to see one of them zap a person.

Oh I wouldn't be seeing this movie if not for those pesky humans being vapourised. It's my little way taking revenge on them for cluttering up the screen. :cool:

Yes, I'm that petty. :o

Sounds like the human to robot ratio will be similar to the human to monster ratio we got in US Godzilla.:down:

I would love to get the motives behind the war and whatnot from the TF themselves (talking amongst themselves)but we'll probably get a run down of the war via Bumblebee telling Spike, why their there and whatnot.

IIRC Optimus Prime gives Spike the lowdown in form of a flashback with the other Autobots present, so that should be a cool scene now that George Clooney is out of the picture. I might even wet my pants a bit when Cullen speaks. :o

I still think the TFW reviewer was right to worry though because it keeps the writers and director on their toes and Starscream (especially) needs more than two lines IMO.

The whole idea that they experimented on Megatron doesn't quite indicated that they did some changes to his form, But to try to disect him to see how he ticks? I would assume there will be a scene where these scientist have Megatron on platform layed down flat. They tried to open him up using things like a blow touch when he suddenly awakens, Then chaos ensues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"