The '08 election

Status
Not open for further replies.
our vote does not matter anyway. the electoral collage decides the president. The Us citizens just determine the popular vote. This "democracy" is just a lie. Don't be a victim

Ron Paul man... he's not the absolute best candidate ever like but he's I think the only one who's made sense on tons of issues especially on refunding domestic american programs from a crappy useless foreign policy that has destroyed the US overall.

Why in the black hell would some of you vote Giuliani?

Ron Paul man... he's not the absolute best candidate ever like but he's I think the only one who's made sense on tons of issues especially on refunding domestic american programs from a crappy useless foreign policy that has destroyed the US overall.

Ron Paul FTW! :up:

Why in the black hell would some of you vote Giuliani?

I think some people are still wrapped into that "America's Mayor" bulls**t, even though he caused most of the horrible things that happened after 9/11 and look past his speeches that threaten just as much as an Osama tape. :o

I think some people are still wrapped into that "America's Mayor" bulls**t, even though he caused most of the horrible things that happened after 9/11 and look past his speeches that threaten just as much as an Osama tape. :o

But he was the Mayor when 9/11 happened! You don't promote the security gaurd that was sleeping when the store gets cleaned out. It doesn't make a lick of f-ing sense!

But he was the Mayor when 9/11 happened! You don't promote the security gaurd that was sleeping when the store gets cleaned out. It doesn't make a lick of f-ing sense!

And he was mayor when the first attack on the WTC happened in 93, and he moved the headquarters of the Office of Emergency Management, which was supposed to coordinate efforts between police and firefighters during emergencies, to the 23rd floor of the WTC.

He also claimed to have spent just as much time as the rescue workers did, although in three months he spent a total of 29 hours there. The rescue workers spent that much time in 2-3 days.

I was impressed with Obama's townhall meeting in NH and it put me over the top to give him vote.

If he wins. I am going to seriously consider moving to Canada. I really don't think I can take another 8 years of this crap. I just can't.

If he wins. I am going to seriously consider moving to Canada. I really don't think I can take another 8 years of this crap. I just can't.

I probably should read through but guess I'm lazy... Hope you aren't referring to Obama. I have a decent feeling about him for President.

our vote does not matter anyway. the electoral collage decides the president. The Us citizens just determine the popular vote. This "democracy" is just a lie. Don't be a victim

:whatever:

If there were no electoral college, you would be saying "Democracy is a lie. The five large cities are the only ones who determine elections. Don't be a victim".

Yep, the collective American society has always been irrational and nonsenseical. :dry:

I probably should read through but guess I'm lazy... Hope you aren't referring to Obama. I have a decent feeling about him for President.

No. Until I am shown otherwise. Obama is my man.

That is a ridiculous analogy. That is like blaming the security guard who was off that day for not stopping the robbery. He was a mayor. He was not priviied to military intelligence, he had no military or fighter jets at his disposal to shoot down the high jacked planes. He was in the dark until it happened.

Are you really that biased that you would basically blame Giulliani for 9/11?

No. Until I am shown otherwise. Obama is my man.

What you're saying, to use your own analogy is "well, promote the clerk of our store who has been here for 2 weeks to CEO, even though when we asked him what his plans and business model would be his only answer was an abstract intangible like 'We need hope or we need faith'". You are voting for a man who has shown no ability to be president, has laid forth no platform, and has no experience in national politics and considering relocating to another country if he does not win, because he hasn't shown you he doesn't suck :whatever:

Matt, did you see Obama's townhall meeting on CNN? I thought it went well.

Matt, did you see Obama's townhall meeting on CNN? I thought it went well.

Of course it goes well, everyone there was pre-screened. Such is politics. Obama acts as if he is so above it, yet he is putting on the same dog and pony show as everyone else. His hypocrisy (and the hypocrisy of his supporters) annoys the hell out of me. He can't be above politics as usual as people claim if he is playing the game like a pro.

Not to mention he has yet to give a real platform.

That is a ridiculous analogy. That is like blaming the security guard who was off that day for not stopping the robbery. He was a mayor. He was not priviied to military intelligence, he had no military or fighter jets at his disposal to shoot down the high jacked planes. He was in the dark until it happened.

Are you really that biased that you would basically blame Giulliani for 9/11?

If Giulliani is going to take credit for being mayor on 9/11. I am going to hold him accountable as well.

What you're saying, to use your own analogy is "well, promote the clerk of our store who has been here for 2 weeks to CEO, even though when we asked him what his plans and business model would be his only answer was an abstract intangible like 'We need hope or we need faith'". You are voting for a man who has shown no ability to be president, has laid forth no platform, and has no experience in national politics and considering relocating to another country if he does not win, because he hasn't shown you he doesn't suck :whatever:

What we need now is new blood. Listen to his podcasts you will learn all about his stances.

Of course it goes well, everyone there was pre-screened. Such is politics. Obama acts as if he is so above it, yet he is putting on the same dog and pony show as everyone else. His hypocrisy (and the hypocrisy of his supporters) annoys the hell out of me. He can't be above politics as usual as people claim if he is playing the game like a pro.

Not to mention he has yet to give a real platform.

A few questions came off a little staged I'll give you that... But in some ways he came off more real than a lot of past candidates have imo. In one of the final questions he answers about his personal decision making process. I thought that was fielded quite well whether it was setup or not.

If Giulliani is going to take credit for being mayor on 9/11. I am going to hold him accountable as well.

Giulliani is taking credit for the response to 9/11, which he has every right to do as he was pretty much the "commander" of the NYFD and the NYPD who responded to Ground Zero. He cannot be held accountable as he had no means of knowing 9/11 was coming or any means of defending against it even if he did. Quit acting like a child. :whatever:

What we need now is new blood. Listen to his podcasts you will learn all about his stances.

New blood? Obama has been in politics his whole life. From a local level, to state level, and national. He is hardly new blood. And the way he is playing the game you'd think he is a seasoned insider. But seriously, get off your high horse. I'll take someone who actually knows how to run a country like Richardson over "new blood" for the sake of "new blood" any day.

As for his podcasts, I have. They are either completely intangible ("blah blah blah, faith, blah blah blah, hope) or vague descriptions of things with no way to actually fund or deliever on these programs. Obama is the biggest BSer out of these current candidates.

A few questions came off a little staged I'll give you that... But in some ways he came off more real than a lot of past candidates have imo. In one of the final questions he answers about his personal decision making process. I thought that was fielded quite well whether it was setup or not.

He fields questions well because he is charasimatic. It takes more than charisma to run a country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"