The '08 election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giulliani is taking credit for the response to 9/11, which he has every right to do as he was pretty much the "commander" of the NYFD and the NYPD who responded to Ground Zero. He cannot be held accountable as he had no means of knowing 9/11 was coming or any means of defending against it even if he did. Quit acting like a child. :whatever:

New blood? Obama has been in politics his whole life. From a local level, to state level, and national. He is hardly new blood. And the way he is playing the game you'd think he is a seasoned insider. But seriously, get off your high horse. I'll take someone who actually knows how to run a country like Richardson over "new blood" for the sake of "new blood" any day.

As for his podcasts, I have. They are either completely intangible ("blah blah blah, faith, blah blah blah, hope) or vague descriptions of things with no way to actually fund or deliever on these programs. Obama is the biggest BSer out of these current candidates.

Quit acting like a child huh? That is a shame I was hoping to have a debate with out name calling. Now sadly since you have resorted to such. I am through with you.

I will leave you with this. Ask yourself why most New Yorker's do not like Giulliani?

Quit acting like a child huh? That is a shame I was hoping to have a debate with out name calling. Now sadly since you have resorted to such. I am through with you.

I will leave you with this. Ask yourself why most New Yorker's do not like Giulliani?

You are acting like a child. You are blaming a man for something that was entirely beyond his control, while criticizing him for the exempletory actions he took with the resources within his control. That is ridiculous. Your argument is that of a child. And don't act like you are leaving this debate for any reason other than the fact that you cannot argue your points any further. So don't act as if you are being noble when you simply don't have a leg to stand on.

Oh, and as to your second point, Giulliani's approval rating was quite high when he left office, so I'm not sure you are able to successfully argue that point either.

Bill Clinton

:p

Spent 20 years as the very successful governor of Arkansas during which time the state so economic growth, an increase in jobs, and overall improvement of education in Arkansas.

20 years of experience in an EXECUTIVE office with much success

vs.

2 years of experience in a LEGISLATIVE office.

Hmm...bit of a difference I'd say.

Oh, and as to your second point, Giulliani's approval rating was quite high when he left office, so I'm not sure you are able to successfully argue that point either.

what?:huh:

I'm Canadian....so......

Then why did you even bother to post in this thread?

our vote does not matter anyway. the electoral collage decides the president. The Us citizens just determine the popular vote. This "democracy" is just a lie. Don't be a victim

SumOfGod, is that you?

Ron Paul man... he's not the absolute best candidate ever like but he's I think the only one who's made sense on tons of issues especially on refunding domestic american programs from a crappy useless foreign policy that has destroyed the US overall.

Ron Paul's crazy dude, sure every one *****es about taxes but removing the federal income tax? You've got to be insane.

Hey I don't see JUDICIAL there buddy. Boo! ;)

Bill Clinton - 20 years of experience in an EXECUTIVE office with much success

vs.

Barack Obama - 2 years of experience in a LEGISLATIVE office.

vs

William Howard Taft - 4 Years as Secretary of War, 4 Years as President of the United States, 9 years as chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Better? :cwink:

I believe as of November 2001 he had a 70 % or so approval rating. I do not know where it went from there as I do not live in New York and the Pittsburgh news stopped covering it around that time as no one cared anymore :csad: But that was towards the end of his term, so I do not imagine it changed THAT much in a month.

Bill Clinton - 20 years of experience in an EXECUTIVE office with much success

vs.

Barack Obama - 2 years of experience in a LEGISLATIVE office.

vs

William Howard Taft - 4 Years as Secretary of War, 4 Years as President of the United States, 9 years as chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Better? :cwink:

All bow down to the great Taft and his certiorairi act!

I believe as of November 2001 he had a 70 % or so approval rating. I do not know where it went from there as I do not live in New York and the Pittsburgh news stopped covering it around that time as no one cared anymore :csad: But that was towards the end of his term, so I do not imagine it changed THAT much in a month.

oh, right, I'm thinking meant before 9/11 for some reason. Of course it was high afterwards. He became "America's Mayor" by then.:whatever:

In the months before he was still dealing with the problems between The NYFD and NYPD, and his personal life. He wasn't well-liked.

My vote is for Obama because I believe him to be the rational equivalent to George W. Bush. He's got nothing on his record either way, he's charismatic and he's a great public speak...errrrrr, nevermind. He's Bush-plus on the Democratic side. On the other hand, Richardson would be okay but he's [En Vogue]never gonna get it[/En Vogue].

oh, right, I'm thinking meant before 9/11 for some reason. Of course it was high afterwards. He became "America's Mayor" by then.:whatever:

In the months before he was still dealing with the problems between The NYFD and NYPD, and his personal life. He wasn't well-liked.
Giuliani sucks. But if it's him vs. Hillary I may not vote at all. Or I may write in Carl Levin.

Michigan's primary has been useless since its been penalized by DNC for moving up the date, with several of the Democrats withdrawing their names from the ballot.

As for who I want to see elected President next year, I'm leaning towards Edwards. Obama and Richardson are tied as far as a second choice. Obama not really taking any real positions and Richardson being a bit boring are detractors for those two. Biden would be a good President, but he faces the same problem that Kerry did in being too much of a Washington insider.

I think Edwards/Richardson is the best ticket the Democrats could put forward next year.

Hillary would have a better chance of winning Vice Pres.

Hillary would have a better chance of winning Vice Pres.

Hilary would've given Kerry the boost he needed in 2004. The problem is, she will never settle for number 2.

well, she better learn to between now and next year, cause I don't see her being voted into office.:o

I think Gore might take a crack at running in 2012 if the next president is a Republican. With Gore winning the Nobel Peace Prize, I'd say that definitely makes him more likely than before.

penn_and_teller_main.jpg

Other

You know, I'm not sure if I could see Hilary as a bad choice.
I mean, she has what it takes, and she could get advice/guidance from Bill, whenever she needed it.

You are acting like a child. You are blaming a man for something that was entirely beyond his control, while criticizing him for the exempletory actions he took with the resources within his control. That is ridiculous. Your argument is that of a child. And don't act like you are leaving this debate for any reason other than the fact that you cannot argue your points any further. So don't act as if you are being noble when you simply don't have a leg to stand on.

I am not blaming him. He is the one boasting about how he was the mayor on sept. 11th. As if that has any rellavance to his qualifications as President. Also the fast response time praise should be given soley to the men, & woman who work in the Fire Department, & Police Departments. To try & give Giulliani that credit is offensive.

I don't like Giulliani because he is a Bush clone. He pretty much agrees with everything Bush has done. I do not want another Bush in office.

As for your second point. I believe Bushs approval rating skyrocketed as well. The first 6 months after 9/11 was a time of turmoil. Everybody was looking to there government for help. So of course everybodies ratings would skyrocket.

There are plenty of republicans I like. Sadly none of them are going to win the nomination. It is pretty apparent The republicans want some version of a Thompson/Giulliani ticket, because they are easily recognised names.

Just like it will more than likely be some variation of a Hillary/Obama ticket. & this is the ticket I would prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"