The '08 election

Status
Not open for further replies.
The country seems geared toward a certain kind of candinate.I doubt a Republican will be President,from what Bush has done to the country..the people are sick of him and his kind.So a Democrat will be chosen,i would say Edwards.

Edwards is not going to win the nomination. Thanks to the way the media has portrayed her and her last name, Hillary Clinton has sealed the nomination. It is not a prediction. It is fact, Clinton will be the Democratic nominee.

Edwards is not going to win the nomination. Thanks to the way the media has portrayed her and her last name, Hillary Clinton has sealed the nomination. It is not a prediction. It is fact, Clinton will be the Democratic nominee.

Don't be so sure about Edwards. I still maintain if Elizabeth dies anywhere between December and February, Edwards will win it.

That being said...yeah, Hilary will get the nomination provided that does not happen. What amazes me about her, is how apathetic people are to her flaws. I have never seen a candidate like her before. She not only has her skeletons out of the closet, she is basically flaunting them. This would kill practically any other candidate...and yet here she is.

Don't be so sure about Edwards. I still maintain if Elizabeth dies anywhere between December and February, Edwards will win it.

That being said...yeah, Hilary will get the nomination provided that does not happen. What amazes me about her, is how apathetic people are to her flaws. I have never seen a candidate like her before. She not only has her skeletons out of the closet, she is basically flaunting them. This would kill practically any other candidate...and yet here she is.

No I am sure about Edwards. If his wife dies, he'll most likely drop out of the race to for him and his family to properly mourn her death.

Clinton will win the nomination.

Her funds are bigger because she's the best fundraiser and practically used (abused in my opinion) her re-election campaign in New York as a preliminary Presidential fundraiser.

Her rankings in the polls are going up.

She's using her husband's last name. Despite how many partisan Democrats and Republicans feel (greatest or worst President ever), Bill Clinton is still considered by most Americans to be a rather good President.

Unlike Obama, Clinton was somewhat patient and built up a political career before running for President.

The media has portrayed her as the lock-in for the Democratic nomination. CNN portrays her in a rather posititve light. Fox News treats her as the candidate because she's the best chance the Republicans have of winning in 2008. And her debate questions are pathetically easy.

And let's not forget, Obama's campaign is falling. His latest campaigning activities have been nothing but trying to revigorate it.

In my opinion, the Republican nomination process is far more interesting, while Clinton's nomination is a sure thing, we have four frontrunners (Giuliani, Romney, Thompson, and McCain) with two dark horses (Paul and Huckabee).

Pretty much, not only that I think Glenn Beck said it perfectly. Kerry ran on a platform that he wasn't George W. Bush. People who voted for him weren't voting for Kerry, they were voting against Bush. That's why they lost in 2004.

And if the Republicans play the "Better than Hillary" angle without providing a proper platform, they'll lose just like the Democrats did.

Actually, I think Lewis Black said it best, "For the Democratic party to find someone who couldn't defeat George Bush is like finding a normal person who could lose at the Special Olympics." :o

I think you are giving Hil too much credit. Granted, she has all of this going for her, but if someone beats her in Iowa or New Hampshire, things can snow ball.

But yeah, I don't disagree. Its going to Hilary/Clark in 2008

I think for the Republican nomination you will see Giuliani/Huckabee.

The way the primaries are getting set up. I really starting to think that the importance of Iowa and New Hampshire is lessening. If Giuliani wins, it'll be because of Super Tuesday, not because of Iowa and New Hampshire.

And personally, while Hillary is a guarantee, it's too much of a toss up for the Republicans. Too many frontrunners and two dark horses really make this an impossibility to make a bet.

Hippie Hunter.... you are dead on with all of your assessments. :up:

If Romney maintains his lead in Iowa and New Hampshire.....he'll win the the whole thing......No way the South is going for Rudy on Super Tuesday....

Yeah, Clinton is a given...this whole talk about Edward's wife dying is grim, distasteful, that shouldn't really enter the discussion.....its like saying if Obama's wife experiences an assissination attempt, he'll win the whole thing....pointless assertion......

If Romney maintains his lead in Iowa and New Hampshire.....he'll win the the whole thing......No way the South is going for Rudy on Super Tuesday....
Actually, Giuliani is currently doing rahter well in the South. Much better than one would expect anyways. He's in the lead of most recent polls in Texas, Virginia, and Florida. However, the delegate rich states of New York (101 delegates), Florida (114 delegates), California (173 delegates), along with others on Super Tuesday are what going to give Giuliani his victory based on current polling.

In my opinion, the Republican Party is so damn split right now, Iowa and New Hampshire will not determine the candidate. Super Tuesday will.

Actually, Giuliani is currently doing rahter well in the South. Much better than one would expect anyways. He's in the lead of most recent polls in Texas, Virginia, and Florida. However, the delegate rich states of New York (101 delegates), Florida (114 delegates), California (173 delegates), along with others on Super Tuesday are what going to give Giuliani his victory based on current polling.

In my opinion, the Republican Party is so damn split right now, Iowa and New Hampshire will not determine the candidate. Super Tuesday will.
Love Rudy, but no way the Reps will support him. They'll lose their "base".

i.e. - those dudes are not kicking out $$$ for a guy who's pro-choice and not foaming at the mouth about gays

Love Rudy, but no way the Reps will support him. They'll lose their "base".

i.e. - those dudes are not kicking out $$$ for a guy who's pro-choice and not foaming at the mouth about gays

You mean the evangellicals. Despite what many may think, the Moral Majority vote is becomming the black and union votes of the Republicans.

I.E., a voting group that pretty much solely votes for one party (just like African-Americans and unions) that the party takes advantage of them, pretending that they're politically important when they really aren't, and the other party will ignore them because they're no point in trying to capture their vote, they'll keep voting the same way regardless.

Why do I say this?

Because first of all, most Americans are getting sick of the Moral Majority.

Second, take a look at John McCain, he's been courting them for years thinking that they're important and his campaign is in ruins. If he just simply courted his actual base, regular conservatives and moderate Republicans, instead of alienating them, he'd have a fighting chance.

Third, the Moral Majority really has no candidate they can really back. Mike Huckabee is a dark horse, he really can't be counted on with getting the nomination. Their best chance was Fred Thompson, but he's lazy as hell and most people are seeing through that hence why his campaign is starting to show signs of faltering.

If Giuliani gets nominated, he'll play his campaign as "If you don't vote for me or run a third party candidate, Hillary will get elected, which is far worse than me." And the Moral Majority will fall right into his hands.

And frankly, there's more to the Republicans than the Moral Majority.

Personally, I remain unconvinced that Hillary is guranteed to win the nomination. A lot of the polls that focus only on possible Iowa Caucus goers show her lead as not being as large as it is in the national polls. I think Obama or Edwards still have a good shot at beating her there. And if either one does, he will have the momemtum going into New Hampshire that could allow either one to steal the nomination away from Hillary.

The way the primaries are getting set up. I really starting to think that the importance of Iowa and New Hampshire is lessening.

The thing is, any candidate from either party who beats the frontrunners in either one of though states is going to get a boost from the media coverage, and people will begin to take a serious look as that candidate. Which could allow for alternatives to Hillary and Giuliani to emerge in both parties.

Personally, I remain unconvinced that Hillary is guranteed to win the nomination. A lot of the polls that focus only on possible Iowa Caucus goers show her lead as not being as large as it is in the national polls. I think Obama or Edwards still have a good shot at beating her there. And if either one does, he will have the momemtum going into New Hampshire that could allow either one to steal the nomination away from Hillary.

Obama is self-destructing by the day. His base is losing interest, he is not attracting other candidates supporters and undecideds as he has yet to give any real platform (Saying "We need hope" only takes you so far), and now he is sinking to the level he has criticisized and claimed to be above by mudslinging.

The only candidate with a shot of being a dark horse is Edwards, and only if Elizabeth's death times up right.

My choices in order: Obama,Guiliani,a bunch of people tied for third and hillary 4th

Obama is losing ground rapidly though......He came off in the debate as frustrated and self important......

Obama is losing ground rapidly though......He came off in the debate as frustrated and self important......

And thats exactly what he is...self important. Obama has never had a platform to run on, he has no clue how to run a country, and yet he sees himself on this high horse. That he is some how better than everyone else. It is what annoyed me about him from day 1. This notion that he is some how above the system and better than it.

And thats exactly what he thinks he is...self important. Obama has never had a platform to run on, he has no clue how to run a country, and yet he sees himself on this high horse. That he is some how better than everyone else. It is what annoyed me about him from day 1. This notion that he is some how above the system and better than it.

100 percent agreed.....

Obama is self-destructing by the day. His base is losing interest, he is not attracting other candidates supporters and undecideds as he has yet to give any real platform (Saying "We need hope" only takes you so far), and now he is sinking to the level he has criticisized and claimed to be above by mudslinging.

The only candidate with a shot of being a dark horse is Edwards, and only if Elizabeth's death times up right.

My problem with Obama is that I don't think he has really done a good job contrasting himself with Hillary. Plus, he seemed unsure of himself at times during the last debate. I like the guy and would still like to see him as President someday, but I really do think he should've sat '08 out and waited until 2012/2016.

As for Edwards, I don't think he needs Elizabth to die in order to win the nomination. Hillary's lead really isn't that large in Iowa and he is pretty much tied with Obama. And if I recall correctly, the polls have suggested that he is the least hated of the top three Dems, giving him a chance to enlarge his support. I still think he has a good chance to win Iowa. I think the momentum he would get from a victory there could allow him to win the nomination. I think voters looking for an alternative to Hillary in places like New Hampshire would then decide to support him if it means that Hillary wont win the nomination.

My problem with Obama is that I don't think he has really done a good job contrasting himself with Hillary. Plus, he seemed unsure of himself at times during the last debate. I like the guy and would still like to see him as President someday, but I really do think he should've sat '08 out and waited until 2012/2016.

As for Edwards, I don't think he needs Elizabth to die in order to win the nomination. Hillary's lead really isn't that large in Iowa and he is pretty much tied with Obama. And if I recall correctly, the polls have suggested that he is the least hated of the top three Dems, giving him a chance to enlarge his support. I still think he has a good chance to win Iowa. I think the momentum he would get from a victory there could allow him to win the nomination. I think voters looking for an alternative to Hillary in places like New Hampshire would then decide to support him if it means that Hillary wont win the nomination.

Edwards doesn't need it, but her death would basically lock it down for him...

And thats exactly what he is...self important. Obama has never had a platform to run on, he has no clue how to run a country, and yet he sees himself on this high horse. That he is some how better than everyone else. It is what annoyed me about him from day 1. This notion that he is some how above the system and better than it.
In other words hes a democrat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"