The '08 election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giuliani. :up: A MAN's man! :cmad:

F**k Yeah!!!:up::cmad:
1302841233c21c8565abc3.jpg

Electoral votes do not matter, nor do national polls. Howard Dean was leading in every national poll until the primary in New Hampshire. I can give you countless examples like that. Whoever takes New Hampshire and Iowa, takes the primary.
*COUGH*2000Election*COUGH*

I see where people call Mitt Romney a flip-flopper.....is this solely because of the stance on abortion or what??? maybe the guy actually changed his mind......can a candidate not change their mind anymore??

I doubt that McCain will make it, he's disliked by both sides of the political spectrum. Giuliani is almost certainly going to be the Republican candidate because everyone else in the GOP is an absolute joke.

McCain is the only top tier GOP candidate who's not a joke imo. In a head to head debate I think McCain can mop the floor with Giuliani. Only I'm not sure if McCain will fight as dirty as Giuliani in the lead up. But I'm a dem, what do I know.

Electoral votes do not matter, nor do national polls. Howard Dean was leading in every national poll until the primary in New Hampshire. I can give you countless examples like that. Whoever takes New Hampshire and Iowa, takes the primary.

As BlackLantern said before, the Republicans are going to support the safe candidate. A Mormon who has a tendency to flip-flop isn't exactly safe. Sure he's doing better than the really crazy ones like Brownback but he's got a long way to go before be can contend with McCain or Giuliani.

I just had to throw this picture out there. It's too good.

mitt_romney_for_president1.jpg

Hahaha! God...the smile on his face is creepy as f**k in that picture which just makes the whole thing work even better.

"I hope you're ready for me, America. Please try to relax and try to breath normally."

jag

Ok, I know alot of people adore him, but enough is enough. This is ridiculous, and he will actually probably win if he were to run...

http://www.indecision2008.com/blog.jhtml?c=v&m=88620

Now, before anyone comes in saying "WELL WAIT!" I know that he is officially considering whether to announce if he might want to run, but still...

Oh come on. He is just joking. There is no way Stewart, or Colbert would run.

But what if.....???

Like I said earlier. You know if he runs, he basically wins. Plain and simple.

I don't know about that. I am a fan of Colber, but it would be hard for me to take him seriously as a canidate. I mean he would be running a country you know.

IIRC Dean lead the polls but the people polled didn't vote(your younger generation). Which I always find funny.

From what I understand, Colbert is only running in the primary in his home state of South Carolina.....afterwards he will probably "withdraw"

The country seems geared toward a certain kind of candinate.I doubt a Republican will be President,from what Bush has done to the country..the people are sick of him and his kind.So a Democrat will be chosen,i would say Edwards.

The country seems geared toward a certain kind of candinate.I doubt a Republican will be President,from what Bush has done to the country..the people are sick of him and his kind.So a Democrat will be chosen,i would say Edwards.

Edwards will only win if Elizabeth's death times up perfectly with the New Hampshire primary and gives him a huge boost to win that.

Edwards will only win if Elizabeth's death times up perfectly with the New Hampshire primary and gives him a huge boost to win that.

It's grim, but I feel that's what could happen...I like Edwards though....

ouch. you're all puppy dogs and daisies, aren't you matty sunshine? :oldrazz:

I never understood if Americans think Bush is a bit simple then why vote him in twice? To my understanfing he's not too liked by America?

That said we did the same with Thatcher in the 80's.
Never voted for him.......not once:oldrazz:

The problem in '04 was that Kerry was just as useless and we Americans have a "better the devil you know than the one you don't" mentality

The problem in '04 was that Kerry was just as useless and we Americans have a "better the devil you know than the one you don't" mentality

Pretty much, not only that I think Glenn Beck said it perfectly. Kerry ran on a platform that he wasn't George W. Bush. People who voted for him weren't voting for Kerry, they were voting against Bush. That's why they lost in 2004.

And if the Republicans play the "Better than Hillary" angle without providing a proper platform, they'll lose just like the Democrats did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"