The 100 Greatest Rock And Roll Songs Of All Time As Compiled By...

You lost me when you put "Bittersweet Symphony" on there. Good song, but not a great rock song.

ShadowBoxing said:
You lost me when you put "Bittersweet Symphony" on there. Good song, but not a great rock song.

Fair enough, I think it's a great rock song. Most people say no because it has no guitar, but frankly some songs, such as "Hey Jude", "Imagine", "Novmeber Rain" and just about every Elton John and Billy Joel song are largely piano / keyboard based and they still get tons of airplay on classic rock stations.

Some suggestions for the original list

House of the Rising Sun- The Animals
Paranoid Android- Radiohead
Little Red Corvette- Prince
Marquee Moon- Television
(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais- The Clash
Sultans of Swing- Dire Straits
Sweet Little Sixteen- Chuck Berry
The Politician- Cream
War Pigs- Black Sabbasth
Under the Bridge- Red Hot Chilli Peppers
I'm Waitin' for The Man- Velvet Underground
Hotel Yorba- The White Stripes
Running With the Devil- Van Halen
Police and Thieves- The Clash
Black Hole Sun- Soundgarden
Plush- Stone Temple Pilots
Cathy's Clown- Everly Brothers
Paperback Writer- The Beatles
We've Got To Get Out of This Place- The Animals

ANTHONYNASTI said:
I'm actually not that familliar with Rush, though I've been meaning to get into them.

Start with discs like Permenant Waves, Moving Pictures, Siginals, and Grace Under Pressure.

As for the list Where is AC/DC's "Back In Black" or "Highway To Hell"? "London Calling" The Clash should be much higher on the list.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Fair enough, I think it's a great rock song. Most people say no because it has no guitar, but frankly some songs, such as "Hey Jude", "Imagine", "Novmeber Rain" and just about every Elton John and Billy Joel song are largely piano / keyboard based and they still get tons of airplay on classic rock stations.
Roxanne by the Police would classify as rock too, no? I would have put that on there.

ShadowBoxing said:
Roxanne by the Police would classify as rock too, no? I would have put that on there.

I'm not sure if it would make my list, but it is a great song.

ShadowBoxing said:

Good one. That being said, I have no intentions of revising my list.

ScottyBBadd said:
Start with discs like Permenant Waves, Moving Pictures, Siginals, and Grace Under Pressure.

As for the list Where is AC/DC's "Back In Black" or "Highway To Hell"? "London Calling" The Clash should be much higher on the list.

RUSH was a great group, but since it's Canadian of COURSE it didn't make any of these lists.

I agree with you on the AC/DC. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"