The 26th James Bond Film

Exactly. ATJ doesn’t strike me as Bond. He comes across more like someone edgy or tough rather than smooth and debonair. That’s to say I can picture him as a Bond villain, but not Bond himself. To me it would be like casting Mel Gibson as Bond.

From how Kraven will likely be received, I don’t see him getting it.

My choice is a very obvious one when looking at British actors of a certain age - and perhaps very safe - Nicholas Hoult. He has an old Hollywood charm about him. He’s routinely turned in fantastic performances ever since he was a child actor. When he’s in a suit, I see a young James Bond. X-Men showed he’s well capable of action films.

That said - unsure how him playing Lex Luthor would impact that. As I don’t think the producers will want the same guy playing James Bond to also be known as playing an iconic villain in another franchise.
ATJ was a smooth faced teen actor who changed (almost overnight) when he met that much older woman which he married. Then he didn't have a pretty boy look anymore, he put a lot of effort to appear as adult and mature as possible.
And often playing characters with an attitude.

The way be have talked about Kick-Ass and his short run in Avengers, calling those roles unimportant, makes me think he won't ever agree to a multi film contract for the one and same character. Especially not James Bond.
He want to run alongside the BIG GUYS, like Nolan and those kind of filmmakers.
It's weird that he actually agreed to do Kraven.

Hoult is a quite decent choice. Not my favorite but he has sort of a classic look for Bond.
The same can't be said about my number one 1 candidate. A really unexpected choice but I think he can nail it quite well:
Thomas Brodie-Sangster

ATJ was a smooth faced teen actor who changed (almost overnight) when he met that much older woman which he married. Then he didn't have a pretty boy look anymore, he put a lot of effort to appear as adult and mature as possible.
And often playing characters with an attitude.

The way be have talked about Kick-Ass and his short run in Avengers, calling those roles unimportant, makes me think he won't ever agree to a multi film contract for the one and same character. Especially not James Bond.
He want to run alongside the BIG GUYS, like Nolan and those kind of filmmakers.
It's weird that he actually agreed to do Kraven.

Hoult is a quite decent choice. Not my favorite but he has sort of a classic look for Bond.
The same can't be said about my number one 1 candidate. A really unexpected choice but I think he can nail it quite well:
Thomas Brodie-Sangster
I like Thomas Brodie-Sangster fine as an actor in what I've seen him in, but if the backlash for Craig's casting was bad, then it would be way worse if he were cast as Bond. He looks perpetually 12 years old as if he's some kind of immortal vampire child.

It’s amazing what a haircut and buffing up can do as long as you cast an amazing actor.

It still blows my mind how Daniel Craig went from

daniel-craig-new-james-bond.jpg

To

vhzedx2omcv41.jpg

It’s why fan casting can be so boring since people never think outside of the box and what a great actor can achieve when they really want to. Usually those picks give you something extraordinary than something that is exactly what you expect.

I’ll always lean towards the risk if the talent is there.

I like Thomas Brodie-Sangster fine as an actor in what I've seen him in, but if the backlash for Craig's casting was bad, then it would be way worse if he were cast as Bond. He looks perpetually 12 years old as if he's some kind of immortal vampire child.
Now people here go from calling him 14 to claiming he looks 12? It's almost amusing.
In a way, it's the same way of thinking everybody had a decade ago.
He didn't really look any of these ages in Godless or Queen's Gambit. He's slowly turning older and older, also visibly. One just need to study his face to spot it

Now people here go from calling him 14 to claiming he looks 12? It's almost amusing.
In a way, it's the same way of thinking everybody had a decade ago.
He didn't really look any of these ages in Godless or Queen's Gambit. He's slowly turning older and older, also visibly. One just need to study his face to spot it
Uh

a 12 year old and a 14 year old look about as different as a 32 and 34 year old

Uh

a 12 year old and a 14 year old look about as different as a 32 and 34 year old
For some boys and girls, the difference can be quite noticable in their looks. It's because they're still growing.

But between 32 and 34, the change isn't that big

You’re right, Airwings. Thomas Brodie-Sangster looks at least 15.

Perfect for Bond.

James Norton is still my top pick. The guy can do suave and cold ruthlessness.

I was leaning hard to wards Cavill for this, especially if this was going to be a 60's period piece.

But the more I think about it, I'd give it to Hiddlestone. I don't care if it's a boring choice, I think he'd be great in the role. Charming, full of British wit & can be deadly serious if needed.

I was leaning hard to wards Cavill for this, especially if this was going to be a 60's period piece.

But the more I think about it, I'd give it to Hiddlestone. I don't care if it's a boring choice, I think he'd be great in the role. Charming, full of British wit & can be deadly serious if needed.
The Night Manager on AMC, which is a great show, was basically his Bond audition tape.

a70112ee2c422cdcd4500d00bd99c92e.gif

I remember hearing that the Broccolis were angry that he dated Taylor Swift. No idea if that’s true, but if so, it’s really stupid reasoning. I’m not too high on Hiddleston for Bond but if they ruled him out simply because of a relationship, then that’s really dumb.

Boring choice? I think I know what you mean.
To be honest, I can both agree and disagree with that. He used to to be on my shortlist some years ago. As of today, he might be too old to start his own era of Bond films.

This is starting to become bullying.

Give me a break. You have a history of posting obscure casting choices in threads that are almost guaranteed to get negative reactions from other posters. That’s fine that you do this (and have done this for years) but you have to be prepared to meet some resistance.

And when you inevitably do get pushback, you keep pushing these casting choices, telling us all why you’re right and we’re wrong, or you try way too hard to convince us, instead of just moving on. So finally, when we have a little fun with it, we’re “bullying” you. Grow up.

Give me a break. You have a history of posting obscure casting choices in threads that are almost guaranteed to get negative reactions from other posters. That’s fine that you do this (and have done this for years) but you have to be prepared to meet some resistance.

And when you inevitably do get pushback, you keep pushing these casting choices, telling us all why you’re right and we’re wrong, or you try way too hard to convince us, instead of just moving on. So finally, when we have a little fun with it, we’re “bullying” you. Grow up.
Sorry but I'm as passionate about films as all of you are.
For me, that includes actors and directors.
To discuss different topics is something really nice. It can be about certain genre I find interesting.
In this case, it's James Bond and possible future actors.

I don't try to force anybody to have the same opinion. I'm only explaing why I think the guy could work in the role. That's what I do.
He's number one at my shortlist, it's only natural I'll speak in favor of him.
Wouldn't everybody defend their personal favorite? :)

It would be nice to have people look at Sangster in a broader perspective here. If they think he, acting-wise, could pull off the role or not.
And what his version of 007 will be like.
Those questions are intriguing. So that's what I hope for in this thread.
To just repeat the same "he looks adolescent" doesn't make a good discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"