Which actors could you see as the next Bond?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If anything which actors could you see as the next Bond should Craig step away from the franchise? Which English actor could you see as the next Bond?

If they go with a black James Bond then my picks would either be Chiwetel Ejiofor or Idris Elba because both men are Brits but also they can act and if you have seen either man in a suit they would be able to pull off actually being Bond but also have the charm to boot

But if they go with the traditional white Bond then as far as English actors go my picks would be:

Damian Lewis, James Norton, Aiden Turner, Tom Hardy, Henry Cavill, Tom Hiddleston, Luke Goss, Jason Statham, or Michael Fassbender

For me, I hope Daniel Craig stays for one more film and talk of a replacement is a bit disrespectful until a need for the part arises, however, my choice when there is a gap, is only one man for the job, Dan Stevens.

He has it all and would be my perfect choice.

Dan Stevens as Bond...he has a Daniel Craig type look to him but I would also go with Matthew Goode

Damian Lewis, James Norton, Aiden Turner, Tom Hardy, Henry Cavill, Tom Hiddleston, Luke Goss, Jason Statham, or Michael Fassbender

Lol, that's casting the net about as wide as you can when it comes to actors in that region. Might as well add Luke Evans, David Mitchell and Stephen Merchant to that list. :hehe:

For me, I hope Daniel Craig stays for one more film and talk of a replacement is a bit disrespectful until a need for the part arises, however, my choice when there is a gap, is only one man for the job, Dan Stevens.

He has it all and would be my perfect choice.

Saying he'd rather slit his wrists than play Bond again while he's supposed to be promoting Spectre was also disrespectful. I'm sure he's happy that people are discussing his replacement.

Luke Evans whoever mentioned him as the next Bond I could definitely go for that

Aiden Turner would be my pick. Luke Evans and Damien Lewis would be awesome. Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba would be amazing but their casting would bring out too much controversy that would get old real quick.

David Oyelowo would be another choice as far as a black Bond goes because he too is also a Brit

Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba would be amazing but their casting would bring out too much controversy that would get old real quick.

I would rather see those actors in a 'Shaft' remake or a whole new character. It's not world shattering at all to cast a black actor in an always white role. That takes no work and it's clearly just doing it to do it because it's trying to be PC. True PC isn't utilizing an always white character and casting a black actor in it, it's creating a strong original black character that can stand up right alongside Bond with just as much weight behind it. Harder? Yes. But the end result would be a lot more powerful. Noting 'Shaft' because while it seems corny now - it was the Roger Moore Bond equivalent which had the exact same tone; for it's day I doubt it was ever perceived as being corny at all. We need an iconic that stand beside Bond and, yes, at times even rival Bond.

As per Bond, Michael Fassbender - just look to 'X-Men: First Class.'

Last edited:
Jonathan Rhys Meyers now he would be an interesting choice for the next Bond

True PC isn't utilizing an always white character and casting a black actor in it, it's creating a strong original black character that can stand right up alongside it with just as much weight and gravitas behind it.

People keep saying this like it's something that can just be done. It is wishful thinking to the nth degree. I hate it.

And I say that fully agreeing with you that Elba or Ejiofor would be EON doing it just to do it.

Well bookies have Damien Lewis, Tom Hiddlstone as some kind of favourites, last time I checked. But a bit of respect for Craig please. The guy hasn't officially left and technically he's contracted for one more film.

People keep saying this like it's something that can just be done. It is wishful thinking to the nth degree. I hate it.

And I say that fully agreeing with you that Elba or Ejiofor would be EON doing it just to do it.

Will it have the same history? No. Can someone create a character that can be seen as newer, cooler, and more relevant? Yes.

James Bond today isn't the same Bond Connery, Moore, and Bronson etc. played. They retain the same name, they retain the same traits, but Bond had to evolve with the times meaning Bond has in the past become viewed as too much of an old dog with no new tricks before it's rebooted again. There's going to come a day soon, if we're not approaching it already, where Craig is seen as too passe and we will need yet another Bond that is more with the times.

So is it possible? Yes. Bond has had to reboot as well over the years -- compare Craig Bond to Bronson Bond to Moore Bond and you'll clearly see that although some trademarks remain the same they are very different. Thus, is it possible to create a new iconic character that feels a lot more relevant to today? I don't see why not. Hell, put a dream team of Martin Campbell (made Bond more relevant twice - he truly has a gift for it) and Ryan Coogler together (hell, throw JJ in there because he's the reboot modernizing king as well) - they'd give us someone who can be iconic. You don't need to piggyback to be successful - you just have to have the guts to try.

Last edited:
Well bookies have Damien Lewis, Tom Hiddlstone as some kind of favourites, last time I checked. But a bit of respect for Craig please. The guy hasn't officially left and technically he's contracted for one more film.

He lost that respect when he started b****ing and moaning prior to the film's release. It was so unprofessional.

Elba, Hardy and Fassbender should be crossed out. Won't happen.

Will it have the same history? No. Can someone create a character that can be seen as newer, cooler, and more relevant? Yes.

James Bond today isn't the same Bond Connery, Moore, and Bronson etc. played. They retain the same name, they retain the same traits, but Bond had to evolve with the times meaning Bond has in the past become viewed as too much of an old dog with no new tricks before it's rebooted again. There's going to come a day soon, if we're not approaching it already, where Craig is seen as too passe and we will need yet another Bond that is more with the times.

So is it possible? Yes. Bond has had to reboot as well over the years -- compare Craig Bond to Bronson Bond to Moore Bond and you'll clearly see that although some trademarks remain the same they are very different. Thus, is it possible to create a new iconic character that feels a lot more relevant to today? I don't see why not. Hell, put a dream team of Martin Campbell (made Bond more relevant twice) and Ryan Coogler together - they'd give us someone who can be iconic.

Bond has 50 years, 24 films, countless novels, and an entire fandom. Ethan Hunt doesn't even come close to the iconic status of Bond as a character. Making a film character deliberately to be a black Bond rival isn't something a company can simply do.

Bond has 50 years, 24 films, countless novels, and an entire fandom. Ethan Hunt doesn't even come close to the iconic status of Bond as a character. Making a film character deliberately to be a black Bond rival isn't something a company can simply do.

Would it equal the history? No and I never said it would. Can it become a running character? You just gave a perfect example - Ethan Hunt has been on screens since 1996. That's 20 years. Almost 40% of the amount of time that Bond's been on screen.

Now compare a film like 'Quantom of Solace' or 'Spectre' to 'Ghost Protocol' and 'Rogue Nation' to see that you can have non-Bond films with other agents that are mostly perceived as being a lot better in quality - recent spy films that have upstaged recent Bond films.

Can it equal the history? No. Can it be a better film? Yes. Can it become a character who has a history of their own over time? Why not? You just gave a perfect example of a character who has been on screen for 20 years and still running strong.

I never said it could equal the history of, that'd be impossible to catch up on. Can it be long running and can those films rival Bond films? Bourne and Hunt have done it, why not someone new?

Make no mistake I'm not saying clone Bond. I'm saying come up with an iconic black spy character that can be long running and that can deliver quality movies that at time even rival Bond films - Hunt and Bourne have already done it repeatedly, why can't someone new?

Is it harder to create a long running character? Yes. But with the right team and the guts to do it? It would be infinitely more rewarding than piggybacking and it would have the chance at lasting longer than only one Bond phase as well.

Last edited:
Henry Cavill if anything he could be a suitable Bond replacement...yeah sure he has played Superman in the DCEU but as Bond I think he would be able to showcase more of his talent as an actor but also looks wise he just would look typically like how a Bond would look like...handsome...charming...suave and not to mention Cavill he has experience in a spy film The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Cavill, Evans, Turner, Stevens.

Tom H just looks like the hollywood version of Sheldon from big bang theory.

Those asking for respect to be given to Craig.... do me a favour. He'sd an actor, will never see these boards, wouldn't even care if he did.

He gets paid well and still slates the process.

I never thought I'd say this but I feel like Bond needs to take break for a few years.

Eww, no. Spectre was disappointing as all hell, but not enough for another break. We had a 4 year break between Brosnan and Craig and another 4 year break between Quantum of Solace and Skyfall.

The thing is, do they decide to make the 25th film in the franchise Craig's last or the next Bond's first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"