The 26th James Bond Film

The female M is a better dynamic to me

Theyve done M as a mother figure, so at some point I'd like a male M that is Bond's mentor and who raised him after his parents died.

And if they ever do M as a villain I'd want him to be male so him and Bond can beat the **** out of each other.

But other than those two scenarios I prefer a female M. Judi and Craig's dynamic was great.

I'd like an M who gives Bond his mission and he goes on his way. While they did a great job giving Dench more to do in TWINE and SF making things personal with her, by the time we got to Feinnes it was feeling really forced trying to tie him into the plot in the last two films. It was less "we have something interesting to do involving M" and more "we have Ralph Feinnes so we have to come up with something to keep him busy."

Pitched this full reboot in the No Time to Die thread back in October—I still think it could be a fun direction.

JAMES BOND 007 in
TALK OF THE DEVIL

directed by Steve McQueen

Summer 2025

Kaluuya-Bond.jpg

James Bond / 007: Daniel Kaluuya

When a high-profile ambassador that James Bond was tasked to protect is assassinated during a peace summit in the Austrian Alps, the former 00-agent is framed for murder and forced to run from MI6. Determined to prove his innocence, Bond chases a trail of assassins that lead him across the globe from Italy to South Africa to Japan, eventually uncovering a sinister plot to unleash a technovirus in New York City to cripple the global economy with tech magnate Silvio Rosa at the center.

FULL CAST GALLERY
Silvio Rosa (villain): Oscar Isaac
The-Card-Counter-Oscar-Isaac.jpg

Gala Brand: Jodie Comer

MI6
M: Olivia Colman
sh05_037_embed-202.png

Bill Tanner: David Oyelowo
David-Oyelowo-Feature.jpg

Miss Moneypenny:
Bel Powley
Bel-Powley-in-Diary-of-a-Teenage-Girl.jpg

Q: Himesh Patel
damned_nitin.jpg

ADDITIONAL BOND WOMEN
‘Oracle’ (Power Broker):
Thando Hopa
Thando-Lede.jpg

Valentina De Lucia:
Matilda De Angelis
Matilda-De-Angelis.jpg

ADDITIONAL VILLAINS
Main Henchman:
Takato Yonemoto
7bff6f98506b0202eb08aba9088aebae770e13a5_xlarge.jpg

Villain’s Business Partner: Ken Watanabe
MV5BMTM1NmMyY2MtNzE5Mi00MmIxLThlZjUtMTE4ZmVlNGZhMTNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI3MzYwNDc@._V1_.jpg

ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING
Tiger Tanaka:
Andrew Koji
1629318023snake_eyes_storm_shadow2.jpg

British Defense Minister: Sacha Baron Cohen
cbsn-fusion-sacha-baron-cohen-on-borat-sequel-playing-activist-abbie-hoffman-in-the-trial-of-the-chicago-7-thumbnail-631500-640x360.jpg

LOCALES

MAIN SONG
‘Talk of the Devil’ by H.E.R.

Last edited:
Theyve done M as a mother figure, so at some point I'd like a male M that is Bond's mentor and who raised him after his parents died.

And if they ever do M as a villain I'd want him to be male so him and Bond can beat the **** out of each other.

But other than those two scenarios I prefer a female M. Judi and Craig's dynamic was great.
If we get a villainous M, I'd so badly want

cbc653d623f0fafc277955a4d5256222.gif

I'd love Elwes as a Bond villain in general but he really strikes me as the perfect choice for a double-crossing M.

I'll throw in Wonder Woman's Saïd Taghmaoui as a Bond ally and fellow intelligence agent.

sac3afd-taghmaoui-legion.jpg

e130753987e2fdfbf97977a6bfbe1034.jpg

Danny Boyle wanted him as the villain when he was gonna direct

In keeping with the idea of rebooting classic Bond film and novel villains.
It won't happen, but this is for fun.

bg.jpg

Goldfinger

28a73c5946a847f6936e6b2f06fbf73c.jpeg

Oddjob

kirby-hobbs-shaw.jpg

Galore

intro-import.jpg

Dr. No

E7zxmPmXsAASwgB.jpg

Mayday

f23248946b2e42c38c1955a84611df32.jpg

Emilo Largo

giphy.gif

Scaramanga aka The Man with the Golden Gun

013086_588x331_637389197293789418.jpg

Rosa Klebb

d582fca1b4dc7fa94388d533f38e8d8b.jpg

Red Grant

Jaws

5e9e0d936035f1ec397b8840647d1ffc.jpg

Blofeld

Though I don’t want a new Blofeld anytime soon, Oddjob or Jaws could be fun to see.

GettyImages-1340152588.jpg

Solitaire (Live and Let Die)

rebecca_vhuIs3G.jpg

Natalya Romanova ( From Russia With Love)

I saw someone suggest Oliver Jackson Cohen as the new Bond next time. I think he’s perfect. Right build, great actor, very charming, progressive casting but also still classic.

He wasn't bad in The Invisible Man, but at 35, he's a bit on the older end than I would prefer for a first Bond, since he would likely be close to 40 by the time they film.
Then again, Craig was 36 I think when he started.

That said though, he does fit the look of a Millennial Bond, and is clearly a different generation and look than Craig, so there'd be no mistaking this is a different Bond .

GettyImages-137005426-618x400.jpg

fileLVVEEJZ9.jpg

Ugh, I just find that guy totally lacking in charm. Maybe cause he’s always a villain, not a fan for Bond at least. Maybe as Bond’s jealous brother lol

Yes to Lily James in a Bond movie. Just don't make her the young agent who gets killed after meeting Bond

I would love Sope Dirisu as Bond. He can definitely act and Gangs of London proves he can do action.
upload_2021-12-8_11-52-3.jpeg

I'll throw in Wonder Woman's Saïd Taghmaoui as a Bond ally and fellow intelligence agent.

sac3afd-taghmaoui-legion.jpg

e130753987e2fdfbf97977a6bfbe1034.jpg

Love that guy so I support this bit of casting.

And I have a crush on Vanessa Kirby so I'd be more than ok with her inclusion as well.

I want a Bond between 31-34 starting out at least.
That's old enough for a first Bond film.
I know there are people who like the idea of a 40 something year old Bond actor for the first film, but that ain't me.
Get an actor in their early or mid thirties ,then they can play the role through their 40s and up to Craig's age in NTTD.
But I don't want to see a 40 something or near 40 something year old being cast in the role right off the bat for a reboot .

I'd like an M who gives Bond his mission and he goes on his way. While they did a great job giving Dench more to do in TWINE and SF making things personal with her, by the time we got to Feinnes it was feeling really forced trying to tie him into the plot in the last two films. It was less "we have something interesting to do involving M" and more "we have Ralph Feinnes so we have to come up with something to keep him busy."

I would expand this idea: the next Bond movie needs to depersonalize the conflict. Like, you can give Bond relationships with his coworkers like M, Q, Moneypenny, etc, but the main plot? It shouldn't be "about" Bond, and it shouldn't be "about" any of his supporting cast at MI6 either. For all of them, their involvement with whatever the Villainous Plot of the Movie is, should be "Its our job as professionals to stop stuff like this, so we do it, as professionals with a job". Or, as Moviebob put it, Bond doesn't need a motive to Hunt Down Bad Guy And Put Bullet In Him, because its his 9-5 work day. The same applies for the rest of his close associates.

That said, on the matter of Villainous M. . . bad bad idea. Part of the core iconic concept of James Bond is "Agent of MI6". If you use M as the villain of the story, it is *really really hard* to come back to Bond still working for MI6 after he murders his former boss ( because that is absolutely the necessary ending for such a story ). Even if you make Evil M 100% rogue and unsanctioned in their evil ( ie, it is absolutely unambiguous that the organization itself isn't the bad guy ), it would be really hard to avoid either a "Why exactly would the government trust Bond again enough to continue employing him" problem, or alternatively "Why would Bond even want to continue working there" problem. And this is assuming its a new M in a newly rebooted series, where you can sort of handwave the implicit backstory; if its *not* new, then its both much more of a swerve and also much less plausible that their influence and sanction is limited to just themselves. If you did it, the only way to make it function would be to pretty much immediately forget it ever happened the next movie. . . and if you need to memory hole a plot, it probably wasn't a plot worth doing in the first place.

Its the kind of thing that could work in a Bond *homage*, but lots of things can work in a homage that would be bad ideas to do in the actual original story.

I saw someone suggest Oliver Jackson Cohen as the new Bond next time. I think he’s perfect. Right build, great actor, very charming, progressive casting but also still classic.

After seeing him in Bly Manor, I can totally see it. Good suggestion.

Yes. I mentioned in the "No Time To Die" thread

They cast some high caliber roles for M,Q and Moneypenny but the problem is those roles need a purpose to be there.

It's not like before where we see get one scene with each of them (Briefing, Flirtatious talk and gadgets briefing) and we never see them again.

I felt like their screentime in NTTD just dragged the movie down

That said, on the matter of Villainous M. . . bad bad idea. Part of the core iconic concept of James Bond is "Agent of MI6". If you use M as the villain of the story, it is *really really hard* to come back to Bond still working for MI6 after he murders his former boss ( because that is absolutely the necessary ending for such a story ). Even if you make Evil M 100% rogue and unsanctioned in their evil ( ie, it is absolutely unambiguous that the organization itself isn't the bad guy ), it would be really hard to avoid either a "Why exactly would the government trust Bond again enough to continue employing him" problem, or alternatively "Why would Bond even want to continue working there" problem. And this is assuming its a new M in a newly rebooted series, where you can sort of handwave the implicit backstory; if its *not* new, then its both much more of a swerve and also much less plausible that their influence and sanction is limited to just themselves. If you did it, the only way to make it function would be to pretty much immediately forget it ever happened the next movie. . . and if you need to memory hole a plot, it probably wasn't a plot worth doing in the first place.

Its the kind of thing that could work in a Bond *homage*, but lots of things can work in a homage that would be bad ideas to do in the actual original story.

Besides they basically just did Evil M in Spectre. Yeah, it was C instead of M, but he was the guy in charge of British Intelligence so it was functionally the same thing. An evil M would just be treading the same ground.

I don’t think this is necessarily an issue to worry about since mostly twitter is about arguments so unless they deliberately court controversy not every film has to trend in order to appeal to young people

Yeah I agree completely. Also the session I went to had tons of young people in it from all walks of life so I’m really not worried

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"