• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Action-Adventure The 26th James Bond Film

I had no real issue with Eilish's song, other than feeling like we were overdue for more upbeat song, but Sam Smith's was an offense to my ears.

Adele's was instantly iconic, though. That one went immediately into the canon of all-timer Bond songs, imo. I don't mind a slower Bond song on principal. It's just, 3 in a row was a bit much. And that one of the 3 was atrocious.

I had no real issue with Eilish's song, other than feeling like we were overdue for more upbeat song, but Sam Smith's was an offense to my ears.

Adele's was instantly iconic, though. That one went immediately into the canon of all-timer Bond songs, imo. I don't mind a slower Bond song on principal. It's just, 3 in a row was a bit much. And that one of the 3 was atrocious.

Sam Smith's whiney and needy emo sound doesn't seem at all fitting for Bond. I can't believe he couldn't figure out how to use the name "Spectre" as a song title. There are plenty of ways to do that. It's far more evocative and foreboding than "Writing's on the wall". Radiohead submitted a song for "Spectre" titled "Spectre". I don't really like their song because it's far too sedate, but at least they made use of that title.

I feel that "Spectre" could've been a song in the vein of an upbeat Chris Cornell rock song.

I liked the Radiohead Spectre song a lot more than what we got. But yeah I hope the next movie has a more upbeat and energetic song. A new actor portraying Bond, lets introduce him with a bang!

Since we're on the topic, here's my hot take. I've always liked Alicia Keys and Jack White's "Another Way to Die" but I can recognize that it wasn't a good fit for a Bond song, at least not for a Craig Bond movie. The ones that came after that may have been on the mopey side but they fit the tone of their movies.

Let's not forget the best Bond song:

:o

Why is there a tap dancer or flamenco dancer at the 0:07 mark who decided to start dancing during the song and why did they keep that in the recording (and why did they tell him or her to shut up after that)? Or is that zapping sound immediately after where they tasered the dancer?

Also if David Arnold actually liked this song, he could've incorporated the strings riff from this into his score.

Kind of funny to look back on the release dates in this series and realize how relatively new it is for them to lay low between Bond actors. Brosnan came about six years after Dalton and Craig was four years after Brosnan (and the next guy will be at least five years after Craig at this rate), but 60s/70s audiences had Connery, then Lazenby, Connery again, and then Moore all in a six year period.

Maybe I’m just too old or whatever but I don’t understand the appeal of Billie Eilish’s music. It just sounds like some depressed person mumbling to me. I can’t believe that her awful song was the only thing from Barbie that won an Oscar (especially when two better songs from the same movie were also nominated).

I listened to the album Billie just released, and I thought it was pretty good. I don't know much about her songs before that, besides NTTD and "Bad Guy".

Both Lana and the Arctic Monkeys would be good choices for a Bond film, but I'm hoping for a non moody title track for Bond 26.

Maybe I’m just too old or whatever but I don’t understand the appeal of Billie Eilish’s music. It just sounds like some depressed person mumbling to me. I can’t believe that her awful song was the only thing from Barbie that won an Oscar (especially when two better songs from the same movie were also nominated).
I don’t really get the Billie Eilish thing either, tbh. I just think that song was melodic enough and fit the movie it belonged to, and most importantly, didn’t make my ears bleed like the previous one. :o It’s not going down as one of the great Bond songs or anything, but I wouldn’t lump it in with the bad ones either.

I listened to the album Billie just released, and I thought it was pretty good. I don't know much about her songs before that, besides NTTD and "Bad Guy".

Both Lana and the Arctic Monkeys would be good choices for a Bond film, but I'm hoping for a non moody title track for Bond 26.
Happier than Ever, Therefore I Am, Everything I Wanted, and most of When We Fall Asleep Where Do We Go is pretty good.

I don’t really get the Billie Eilish thing either, tbh. I just think that song was melodic enough and fit the movie it belonged to, and most importantly, didn’t make my ears bleed like the previous one. :o It’s not going down as one of the great Bond songs or anything, but I wouldn’t lump it in with the bad ones either.

Yeah the Sam Smith song was definitely worse. And I like some of Smith’s other tracks (Unholy is particularly great, but I’m probably biased because I absolutely love Kim Petras) but that Bond song was excruciating.

What do ya’ll think is the worst Bond song? Does Madonna still hold the crown for that one?

Yeah the Sam Smith song was definitely worse. And I like some of Smith’s other tracks (Unholy is particularly great, but I’m probably biased because I absolutely love Kim Petras) but that Bond song was excruciating.

What do ya’ll think is the worst Bond song? Does Madonna still hold the crown for that one?
I’d probably rank the Smith one below it now, but…it’s down there lol.

Skyfall is my favorite Bond song. You Know My Name a close 2nd. I do like my Bond songs too lean towards up tempo. A View to a Kill is an terrible movie, but great song. While I liked the No Time to Die song, I want to see something that gets the Ole blood pumping next time.

Seconded on Skyfall. Adele has a great voice regardless, but she is on an entirely different level with that song. I did enjoy the Goldeneye theme, but in addition to the film's theme, Nicole Scherzinger did a cover of it for the Wii version of GoldenEye that isn't too bad either.

Happier than Ever, Therefore I Am, Everything I Wanted, and most of When We Fall Asleep Where Do We Go is pretty good.

I'll check those out, then.

The only Bond theme I truly dislike is "Writings on the Wall", and I was someone who thought Sam Smith should sing a Bond theme.

I like a slower theme here and there just to have different tastes of the opening credits, but I do miss some of the upbeat music from the franchise's past.
I like that adrenaline rush right after an action sequence. Sam Smith's song completely deflated the opening of Spectre.

I'll check those out, then.

The only Bond theme I truly dislike is "Writings on the Wall", and I was someone who thought Sam Smith should sing a Bond theme.
Sam Smith shouldn't write one. I said it. :o

I don't really dislike Sam Smith's song, but I definitely don't think it should have won an Oscar.
That's basically how I feel about the Oscar win. It's not that bad, my big issue with it is that the chorus is weak. "No Time To Die" feels like a better, more polished version of what that song should have been.

I'd still take "The Writing's on the Wall" and "Die Another Day" over songs like "The Man with the Golden Gun", "Moonraker", both of which are just bad, and "All Time High", which isn't exactly bad but would fit more in a romcom than a Bond movie but I guess nobody was brave enough to write a song called "Octopussy". :o

Thinking about it, the Moore era really had an even split of some of the best and worst Bond songs.

What locations do we want to see for 26? Italy played such a role throughout Craig's run that I don't see a return anytime soon.

James Bond's Italy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"