The Acolyte from Leslye Headland

200w.gif

I'm impressed with the level of dedication it takes to make a fan film. I once saw a Mega Man fan film, I wouldn't call it "good", but with the amount of effort it took to make it, if I gave it a rating I'd give it a 10/10.

I don't understand the hatred for this TV series.

I understood the critiques of the sequels because they were incoherent and with bad dialogue, but the Accolyte feels like it takes place in the Star Wars universe, and the characters largely speak like people would if they lived in that Universe. The characters are doing what I'd expect them to given their situation rather than what the plot demands. I also feel like this respects the prequels.

Actually, so far, this is a show someone might have made if they had watched the prequels and no other SW movies.

In today's totally normal Star Wars news, the "fans" are waging a war against Wookieepedia because they edited a character's birthdate to match The Acolyte (aka the canon) instead of following non-canon supplemental material from decades past.

2 episodes in and enjoying it so far. Once again don't know why there is such negativity around an SW show, but it's unfortunately becoming the norm.

I’d say it’s more the Internet magnifies the complaining minority rather than that being representative of the whole.

People complained over Return of the Jedi, then the prequels came out, people complained about the prequels and then the sequels came out, people complained about the sequels and then the shows came out, etc.

There have been people complaining since the start, but still the franchise is solid.

The internet just gives those people and bigots who always whine about diversity a bullhorn so they sound louder than they actually are.

The Acolyte has amassed 25 000 audience ratings in a month on Rotten Tomatoes (it's currently at 14%). That's more ratings than The Mandalorian season 1, season 2, season 3, Andor, and The Book of Boba Fett have amassed since their release dates... all put together. I wonder if RT will intervene with the botting, AI-generated reviews, copy-pasted hate messages, etc. that are dropping that percentage. I think they've done that before.

The Acolyte has amassed 25 000 audience ratings in a month on Rotten Tomatoes (it's currently at 14%). That's more ratings than The Mandalorian season 1, season 2, season 3, Andor, and The Book of Boba Fett have amassed since their release dates... all put together. I wonder if RT will intervene with the botting, AI-generated reviews, copy-pasted hate messages, etc. that are dropping that percentage. I think they've done that before.

Hopefully they will handle the bots.

It looks like the rest of the season is on Wednesdays now?

I’m rewatching all the episodes before the season finale and in episode 3 I noticed a detail. When Qimir and Mae are packing up before they head into the forest. You can see Qimir pack away what looks like a lightsaber. People probably already noticed it though.

I’m rewatching all the episodes before the season finale and in episode 3 I noticed a detail. When Qimir and Mae are packing up before they head into the forest. You can see Qimir pack away what looks like a lightsaber. People probably already noticed it though.
It's brave of you to think anyone has rewatched the show. :o

Yeah I love torturing myself lol but it’s not that bad imo for me at least. I can get why others on here don’t really mess with the show though.

I re-watched it with my family and we have all enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"