The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Bumblebee and Spider-Man will draw in kids and teens.
Given a choice, most kids will go to see either Spiderman or Bumblebee over Aquaman.

These two movies have that demographic covered. it doesn't matter how good Aquaman movie is. Aquaman's release date is not helping the movie.

Last edited:
it doesn't matter how good Aquaman movie is.

I think it does. This is not a movie benefiting from tremendous hype or a huge amount of positive buzz, so it is going to live or die largely on its own merits. Releasing the movie in a low demand period wouldn't necessarily guarantee anything. The movie would still need to be very good to do a lot of business.

It wouldn't be smart to release it right next to something massive, or right next to a big Marvel movie, but the December slot is quite good in that regard. There's nothing between AMatW and Captain Marvel. There's no Star Wars or Avatar, or anything on that scale over the holidays this year.

So I think that it's not a bad release date, really. The trailer needs to make a positive impression, and then it's going to need good reviews and reception to do well, most likely.

I had to resist using phrases like "sink or swim" and "make a splash" several times in the above post :sly:

Given a choice, most kids will go to see either Spiderman or Bumblebee over Aquaman.

I have to agree. It might have helped Aquaman a little if JL had been better received, but honestly I think Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Bumblebee would still have been the #1 and 2 kids choices over Aquaman. That's not to say Aquaman can't do well.

I know I don't necessarily post on this thread, but I just wanted to say that I can't wait for this movie. Aquaman is my favorite DC character and I have so much faith in this film.

WB unveiled the 1st trailer at CineEurope Conference https://deadline.com/2018/06/bradley-cooper-a-star-is-born-aquaman-fantastic-beasts-warner-bros-cineeurope-1202407893/

Earlier in the presentation, WB showed off the first trailer for its Christmas DC release, Aquaman.

The film tells the tale of Arthur Curry who learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world. The James Wan-directed, Jason Momoa-starrer will see the official trailer drop online soon.

"online soon"? Not waiting for Comic Con would be odd it is only few weeks away

I’m going to try to not get my hopes up that it’ll release this week maybe.

I mean Deadline is reliable. They also showed The Nun trailer and that one drops online in TWO DAYS

original.gif

I'm so eager to see it. I hope we don't have to wait too much longer.

I mean Deadline is reliable. They also showed The Nun trailer and that one drops online in TWO DAYS

True and they said official trailer not a work in progress one. I’m guessing Warner Bros. Wants it in front of Fallen Kingdom I’m assuming.

I haven’t anticipated a trailer this much ever and I’m not just saying because of hype.

These two movies have that demographic covered. it doesn't matter how good Aquaman movie is. Aquaman's release date is not helping the movie.
I came here to say the same, the movie needs to move up or be pushed back but either way DC needs a win and opening on this weekend will hurt everyone

Wonder Woman survived going up against Guardians 3rd week, Spiderman Homecoming, Transformers, Cars, Despicable Me...etc so Aquaman is fine. Animated superhero movies don't do big business and the Transformers franchise is DOA.

Anyway can't wait for the trailer!!

I’ve been reading Geoff Johns Aquaman run and I’m so glad he has a story and co-writer credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"