The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

I said have Oz's family be from British old money. That doesn't necessarily mean he has to grow up a British Blueblood. Maybe they lose their money because Gotham's a ****hole soon after Oz is born, Oz grows up a delinquent who mostly hangs out with other Gotham kid delinquents. Hence the accent, hence the mob lifestyle and hence the lust for power. He wants to reclaim the Cobblepot name as meaning something again by having that be the name of the one ruling the city.

I know what you said, but that still doesn't change anything. People from old money have a very specific set of values/traits that are generally passed down from generation to generation. Yes, financial loss is possible, but that's more common among those affected by "sudden wealth syndrome." Take the once all-powerful Vanderbilts. Although considered new money back in the day, they were one of America's most wealthy and prominent families during the Gilded Age. And even after losing much of their original fortune for reasons I won't get into now, their descendants did quite well for themselves. To put it bluntly, they aren't bums. lol Point being, it's too much of a stretch to believe that someone from well-respected privilege would end up like Oz; the man just reeks of low class.

If we're talking about a poorly written made-for-TV series, then fine, but Reeves' Batman universe deserves better IMO.

Doesn't the fact that Oz is a member of Falcone's inner circle (possibly an underboss) more or less confirm he's Italian? Unless they're doing a Goodfellas, where he's Italian/Irish, and thus can never become a "made man"?

Doesn't the fact that Oz is a member of Falcone's inner circle (possibly an underboss) more or less confirm he's Italian? Unless they're doing a Goodfellas, where he's Italian/Irish, and thus can never become a "made man"?

Yeah, I think it's just his full name — assuming that it's revealed to be "Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot" à la the comics — that poses a slight problem. It's very British. Even Irish folks don't name their kids Oswald or Chesterfield. Irish Protestants descended from the Scottish Lowlands maybe, but not true Irish Catholics. Same is true for Italians. They're all about Carmine, Vito, Lorenzo, etc.

That said, the Goodfellas approach is still doable. Just make him English/Scottish paternally instead of Irish Catholic. His mom can be Southern Italian.

Last edited:
I want Jesse Plemons in the mix. He seems like the kind of actor Reeves would go after based on the first film’s cast, and I feel like Plemons would respond to this universe more than a more traditional superhero thing.

I want Jesse Plemons in the mix. He seems like the kind of actor Reeves would go after based on the first film’s cast, and I feel like Plemons would respond to this universe more than a more traditional superhero thing.
freeze?

This is for all the fans of Better Call Saul..

OK this is only if they decide to not make Rupert Thorne a big man. And even if they did, that’s what makeup and a fat suit is for right? I couldn’t believe he was 57 when I looked it up. It fits what they’re looking for.

Patrick Fabian aka Howard Hamlin!

Slightly outside of the box casting but in a weird way I think it would really work.

z0hOBEG.jpg

0ijcRUV.jpg

U3ldMpY.jpg

Daddario was decent enough on The White Lotus, but I’m still reasonably certain that she only ends up on fancasts for horny reasons.

If Ivy had a smaller role then sure (I’d still cast quite a few before her) but if she’s a main villain they’d likely look for bigger names that are the talk of the town right now. Like Buckley or Keough who aren’t movie stars in that high caliber traditional sense but they’ve lead films from really artistic filmmakers.

Daddario was decent enough on The White Lotus, but I’m still reasonably certain that she only ends up on fancasts for horny reasons.
It IS usually why she’s fancasted so often. But she’s actually pretty good in the right role.

No I totally did NOT suggest Daddario for Wonder Woman, for that reason.
What you're saying might speak more about you than everybody else.

Oh, he's a perfectly fine actor. But as Harvey Dent? Way too young.

Putting aside the allegations… He’s okay. I liked him well enough in Baby Driver, but I feel like a lot of other actors could’ve done what he did.

He hardly seems a perfect candidate for anything.

Perfect in the sense that he’s already something of a sociopath so not much of a performance would be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"