The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 6

This article makes it sound like Sony has no idea what they are doing.

This article makes it sound like Sony has no idea what they are doing.
It's just really bad management that is plaguing the company. It's not just Spider-Man, but it's becoming blatantly obvious that Pascal and Lynton just don't know what they're doing.

Last edited:
It's just really bad management that is plaguing the company. It's not just Sony, but it's becoming blatantly obvious that Pascal and Lynton just don't know what they're doing.

Seriously. They are pushing back TASM3 so they can take time and retool the franchise, but at the same time they are bringing out three spin-offs before that and allowing Webb to complete 'his' trilogy. Those actions contradict each other.

I'm really interested in reading what Nikki Finke has to say in Part 2 of her look into Sony Pictures.

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy has surpassed TASM2 at the domestic box office. TASM2 is now fourth among comic book films this summer.

Guardians of the Galaxy has surpassed TASM2 at the domestic box office. TASM2 is now fourth among comic book films this summer.

Wow already? The movie has only been out for like 2 weeks that is just sad.

It's not a surprise because GOTG is a great movie. TASM 2 is not.

It is still a bunch of nobodies versus Spider-Man, so I'm surprised. Happy, but surprised.

You are right thought that it has to with the gulf in quality between the two.

Wow already? The movie has only been out for like 2 weeks that is just sad.

What do you expect for the movie people had been anticipating forever. It's marvel studios and the space avengers with a raccoon with guns and a talking tree. People really wanted to go see this movie

People had not been anticipating GOTG forever. It's an unknown property to the general public and it's huge success is a surprise to most people. TASM2's placement in the domestic market is pretty damn low considering where the character's films used to be. And I believe that this is the last time the international market saves it.

People had not been anticipating GOTG forever. It's an unknown property to the general public and it's huge success is a surprise to most people. TASM2's placement in the domestic market is pretty damn low considering where the character's films used to be. And I believe that this is the last time the international market saves it.
True. But it's something people had been keeping an eye on since we probably got our first poster or trailer. Also people loved rocket raccoon since UMvC 3. But maybe that's just my experience.

Thanks to Sony's meddling and so much over marketing the movie really didn't do well critically which led to financial trouble

I agree with the above.

It's sad really, Spidey is a character that deserves more, and I personally think a Sinister Six movie by itself is a very, very bad call. I guess we will see.

I agree with the above.

It's sad really, Spidey is a character that deserves more, and I personally think a Sinister Six movie by itself is a very, very bad call. I guess we will see.
It is sad and fascinating. I mean nobody expected it to be number one in North America but ending outside of the top ten is pretty damn disappointing.

Spider-Man was number 1 in 2002, number 2 in 2004, number one in 2007 and number 7 in 2012.

Apes is about to pass TASM 2 which will land it in eighth place. And we still have Interstellar, Big Hero 6, The Hobbit and last year's champ The Hunger Games still to go. So probably a 12th place finish at best.

I'm not even saying that it should have ended up in the top 5 but being outside of the top ten is nothing but a disappointment.

Yep, Sony should trust the talent they bring into the fold. The meddling hasn't worked and it will never work because their producers aren't good enough to make something like that work. Set a reasonable list of a few things the filmmakers have to include and keep the budget down but outside of that let the filmmakers do their thing.

Guys like avi arad and matt tomach should be kept on a leash or just fired. I just wonder what the guys are like in real life?

For cool and polite people they sure screwed up on both almost successful movies

I wouldn't even say that the international market saved it. If you look at the totals, in almost all international markets the Amazing Spider-Man 2 performed either on par or less than the first film. The only reason why the international box office is higher for the second film is because of the Chinese market which is experiencing massive expansion for all major American blockbusters. So it's not the international market that saved it, it was the Chinese market that saved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"