The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get used to it. Anne Hathaway was apparently too enormous for Catwoman too. I know, right? What a hippo. :o

edit: Altho I think GoldGoblin was joking.

Still doesn't stop the fact that a lot of people have revealed their shallowness when it comes to this character.

So...there will be copycat Spider-Men?

Well, that is different...giggity.

If Spidey changes his suit a quarter of the way through his second movie while dealing with a subplot of randoms being 'copycat' Spider-Men...I'm not going to be pleased.

I love when people judge things off some of the most ridiculous things. The blocky title, and haven't seen any footage at all. I dunno how people do it living life always judging and having low hopes and a negative outlook. Sucks for them.

I didn't judge or have low hopes for TASM, but that didn't exactly turn out the way it could have. The entire first film of a series isn't exactly a ridiculous thing to help me have an opinion for this so far- but I hope you're right. I've never said I had low hopes for this. In fact, I have high hopes- thats why I'm feeling a little more critical this time around. I want TASM2 to fix the flaws of the first...

and come on.... The Amazing Spider-Man 2 doesn't just make you the least bit upset? :oldrazz:

Could be any number of reasons. maybe the material was uncomfortable to wear, damaged easily, they might have simply decided they didn't like the way it looked.

If you're speaking on reasons for film, then I sincerely hope there is a reason a change is shown. If not, the change would be even more disappointing.

^
Good,I don't want to see those thunder thighs.

Hey, hey...I do :csad:

If you're speaking on reasons for film, then I sincerely hope there is a reason a change is shown. If not, the change would be even more disappointing.

I meant for practical reasons, like the actor/stunt guys found it uncomfortable or it got damaged during filming too easily.

I would imagine in-universe it'll be because Pete got a job and could afford to upgrade or something, I dunno.

regardless I highly doubt they changed it because "lol Raimi" which is a bit silly but unfortunately is the vibe I'm getting from a few around here (not you)

Looks like I'll have to wait for the next reboot for a MJ that looks like a super model. Hopefully MEW wouldn't be too old by then.

I meant for practical reasons, like the actor/stunt guys found it uncomfortable or it got damaged during filming too easily.

I would imagine in-universe it'll be because Pete got a job and could afford to upgrade or something, I dunno.

regardless I highly doubt they changed it because "lol Raimi" which is a bit silly but unfortunately is the vibe I'm getting from a few around here (not you)

Practicality, the TDK suit kept Bale from breathing...but that didn't stop Nolan or Bale for continuing with that suit. Don't see how practicality would mean anything for the suit change for TAS-M 2.

It's February in NY, man? HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?!?!? :cmad:

Leg exposure would be a delight though. She's cute! :hrt:

I have no shame when I wanna see legs and only, lol.

Practicality, the TDK suit kept Bale from breathing...but that didn't stop Nolan or Bale for continuing with that suit. Don't see how practicality would mean anything for the suit change for TAS-M 2.

I have no shame when I wanna see legs and only, lol.

draper_wink.gif

Ooooh, first pics of Shailene on set today!

sp3.jpg

sp2.jpg

Ugh. Though I'll take her over Kirsten Dunst any day of the week, I'm still not seeing her as MJ and these photos give me less hope than even before.

Practicality, the TDK suit kept Bale from breathing...but that didn't stop Nolan or Bale for continuing with that suit.

Except they didn't continue using the same one.

Look I'm just saying I'm sure they have their reasons. We probably won't know them until the dvd special features but I'm certain they're not doing it just to ape the Raimi films.

Looks like I'll have to wait for the next reboot for a MJ that looks like a super model. Hopefully MEW wouldn't be too old by then.
i know mary jane looks mary plain atm where are the make up departments lol

she doesn't look any more super model than dunst actually very comparable

Except they didn't continue using the same one.

Look I'm just saying I'm sure they have their reasons. We probably won't know them until the dvd special features but I'm certain they're not doing it just to ape the Raimi films.

The TDK and TDKR suit. Yes, that's the same except for a few modifications to the look, it still kept Bale from breathing. I'm not talking about the BB suit.

phdfddddfdoneunch.gif

Are you listening to yourselves.........?

Barbaric.... :BA

Seriously? She's not wearing makeup in this picture and she still looks very cute. With that makeup she'll look fine as Mary Jane, I assume they're going for more of an Ultimate influenced take on her character anyways, Shailene looks pretty similar to Ultimate MJ. I'm just surprised who shallow so many of you guys are with this. She's a cute actress who's probably far out of the league of all of the people criticizing her looks. What's most important is her acting ability, and she's a good actress. With a good script behind her I'm confident she could be a very good MJ.

You guys are so quick to criticize this movie over the smallest details or over the smallest bits of information. I like coming here and reading this stuff since it's one of the few forums I've found dedicated to the movies, but still, that sort of thing gets kind of hold. I know it's fun speculating about things, part of the reason I'm here and follow all the news, but there's no point in reacting or mostly overreacting until the movie itself actually comes out. Even trailers can be incredibly misleading. You can't offer a final verdict on a film until you've seen it.

The TDK and TDKR suit. Yes, that's the same except for a few modifications to the look, it still kept Bale from breathing. I'm not talking about the BB suit.

Actually I was talking about the extensive modifications between begins and TDK. I don't know why you're so focused on that one suggestion but whatever, I'm not interested in arguing about it and that seems to be what you're gunning for. My condolences. I hope you enjoy the movie.

^ Just making a point that you didn't seem to get.

And I hope I enjoy the film as well.

^ Just making a point that you didn't seem to get.

I get my own ****ing point just fine. They changed the costume between Begins and TDK because Bale was having heat exhaustion in the damn thing. If you're so dead set on arguing find someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"