The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - Part 87

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man Movies' started by Thread Manager, May 15, 2017.

1. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

I won't go by reviews of the different movies, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is better than the Amazing Spider-Man, and Spider-Man 3 is better than the Amazing Spider-Man 2, that's the outcome I got from watching all five movies again this year with a more critical view.
    The movies are hated by people who love the first two Raimi Spidey films as well, including the ones who are not fond of MCU Spidey.

I see a lot of 616 Peter in this one.

2. marvelrobbins Registered

well i thought most spider-ma 1 and 2 lovers liked mcu spidey.it was said only those who liked amazing films or amazing 1 didn't like homecoming.

I will forever maintain spider-man 3 is worse than amazing 2.though i will say i would take spider-man 3 over homecoming.

while I like amazing 1 more than spidey 1 i can respect those who think that.

they are defently 616 elements in garfield version of peter.

Another_Fool likes this.
  3. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

I must be the only fan who likes all six Spidey films.

Slick likes this.
  4. spiderman2 Registered

Over all I do with Spider-Man 3 easly being the weaknest and amazing Spider-Man 2 being crazy crazy underrated.

eon001 likes this.
  5. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

There are others like you, right now I don't want to be one of them.

I agree with the second part. It's a decent movie that gets a lot of harsh flack.

6. Bruce Malone Registered

7. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

As much as I love and defend these movies (Peter is still not a jerk for being afraid and hesitant of giving his friend blood, most people would probably hesitate in giving their blood anyway), I will have to address this little thing:

Why did they not write to each other for all these years? And nothing in their conversation goes like this: "I'm sorry to hear about your father", or anything of that kind.

Hellion likes this.
  8. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

"You can call me amazing, you can call me webhead, just never call me late for dinner. Get it?"
    "Not a shaker? Are you a hugger? Not a hugger."
    And they said they worked with stand up comedians to make the jokes sharper in this one.

Aside from that thing he wasn't bad in jokes, and not really that reckless in action.

Hellion likes this.
  9. Herofan Registered

Maybe the filmmakers were thinking that was the case and worked with the relationship between ultimate Peter and Eddie (that does seem a big influence, both their friendship and their parents' having collaborated on something). Or just that the fans would be happy to see Harry regardless of the circumstances.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  10. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

Possible.

11. Herofan Registered

In the scene, I think in the specific moment, where Electro goes bad there's a big Disney logo next to him, I doubt that was just coincidental. If intended I think that is a funny cheapshot.

Amazing Spider Man 2, The - tasm2 011582 - Marvel

12. ironwez20 Registered

No it was on purpose since Disney owns the merch rights to spidey and sold exclusive toys at the Disney store so they gave promotion to Disney. It’s a way of also saying your gonna be mine soon

13. eon001 Registered

I've always enjoyed ASM2. Over the past 4 years, I've tried to pick it apart and see why people hated it, but funnily enough, I think I like it even more. Especially when you compare it to the dumpster fire that was BvS (Both cuts).

Call me crazy, but I think Sony should bring back Garfield as an antagonist for Hardy's Brock/Venom. I feel Spiderverse has successfully introduced the concept of the multiverse and different versions of Parker, so it's an easier concept for fans to digest.

14. Jick Auxiliary Assistant

I'm now the opposite. The first time I watched it, with bad expectations, I enjoyed it. Now I just can't watch it again. Nothing there grabs my attention and holds my interest.

15. DyeLorean will return

That felt so desperate and cringy.

eon001 likes this.
  16. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

Desperate and too long for sure, they didn't make me cringe though.

17. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I thought of that myself. I don’t really want to see that version of Venom in the MCU, but the idea of Garfield getting to do one more and make a trilogy, plus like you stated using this as a way to pave the way for a Multi-verse with different versions does sound pretty cool. :up:

eon001 and Spider-Aziz like this.
  18. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I'd rather see a new Spider-Man than see Garfield ever in the role again. Not a fan.

Another_Fool likes this.
  19. Another_Fool Registered

Garfield is actually my favorite, but I'm with you, because it's just time to move on. I'd rather see Venom tangle with Tom Holland at this point.

Spider-Aziz and Spider-Fan like this.
  20. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Agreed. Also, why confuse the audience further by seeing yet another Spider-Man they already saw in prior movies when Tom Holland is still active in the MCU? At least a new person in the role can show this is a new universe and would have less of a chance at alienating/confusing the audience.

Spider-Aziz and Another_Fool like this.
  21. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

I think Hardy Venom should go toe to toe with an adult Spider-Man. Garfield could fill that role :hehe:

22. Da-Scribe he/him

I don't think the audience will be confused. Into the Spider-Verse deals directly with this concept and is doing just fine.

23. ironwez20 Registered

Garfield was terrible imo

24. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

He doesn't need to face a webhead at this point, they went past the need for that.

Into the Spider-Verse came from the start setting up different worlds and different spiders from the gate. The scrapped guy returning for a movie entirely disconnected from MCU as they have their take on Spider-Man will feel random and disjointed.

Spider-Fan likes this.
  25. Da-Scribe he/him

I dunno man, I think it can be finessed pretty seamlessly. I’ll acknowledge my bias though. I’m a fan of Garfield’s Spidey and just think this Venom fits better in that zany world than with the MCU.