The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM2 took place after the first film, but yet instill, by time we got to the 3rd movie, Peter was STILL in college and in his twenties, while Tobey was in his mid thirties.

If they want to keep the actor playing Peter, past them entering their thirties, they need to progress him past college.

Tobey was only 30-31 at the time of shooting SM3. Only a year or so older than Garfield. Tobey looked young enough (despite his putting on a few pounds) and so does Garfield (I appreciate his dedication to the role by staying in shape).

He said it in an interview last week his feelings on playing Spidey in his mid thirties, beyond 4.

He stated he was "conflicted about it"

http://tinyurl.com/meqkl8y

When everyone was speculating 6 movies (lol!), comparing this to the Harry Potter series, this is what I would reply with every time. Looks like I was right. Eventually he will want to move on and explore other avenues.

andrew has said loud and clear in a couple comic con interviews he thinks peter parker should be a kid, not an adult,so they shouldn't do too big of a time jump, he's saying it'd be nice if he were in 3, not 4 movies... he's clearly saying he doesn't want to do with without actually saying it. it's not a matter of him pulling off looking younger or how old rdj is, dude simply doesn't want to spend half of his professional career being in a franchise, and who can blame him. he's barely had a life since this whole thing started, and it's only been 3 years.

:up:

I wonder what the fascination is with keeping Parker a teenager though. Sure it's interesting and unique (not as much as it was in the 60's though) for a few films, but eventually we want to see the character grow and explore new territory. I'd argue that the best part of reading the 60's and 70's comics were seeing Parker and his friends growing/changing, etc...It made the character more human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"