The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
TASM3 and TASM4 will probably take place in college, but he should graduate by the 5th. Remember how SM2 took place 2 years after the first film? That was a smart move. I understand why they didn't do that for TASM2, but they should do that for one of the future films.

SM2 took place after the first film, but yet instill, by time we got to the 3rd movie, Peter was STILL in college and in his twenties, while Tobey was in his mid thirties.

If they want to keep the actor playing Peter, past them entering their thirties, they need to progress him past college.

But if he looks like he can pull it off and if he is fantastic at playing Spidey which he is, he can continue! He doesn't have to worry about what people say. If he wants to be fifty and play a thirty year old, let him.

But the point is that HE DOESN'T WANT TO.

I don't understand why they made SM3 take place only a short time after the second movie. Should have had at least a year's worth of space in between.

But the point is that HE DOESN'T WANT TO.
As long as he stays for at least 3-4 movies, I will be happy. Since I've been watching James Bond films since I was a kid, I am used to the protagonist being recasted and the storyline continuing. It keeps the franchise fresh.

After 4 films Garfield should hand the role over to someone else

Where did you hear that?

He said it in an interview last week his feelings on playing Spidey in his mid thirties, beyond 4.

He stated he was "conflicted about it"

"They might ask me back for No. 3, that would be very nice. As far as a No. 4 goes? I will be I think 40 years old at that point. So I don't know whether it would be appropriate [to do another film]."

http://tinyurl.com/meqkl8y

He looks 10-15 years younger than he actually is. He can pull it off no problem.

So he doesn't think it'd be appropriate, but like I said, that doesn't mean he doesn't want to do it anyway. He still may want to do the character but the age problem intervenes with his final choice. And they can just do a time progress.

andrew has said loud and clear in a couple comic con interviews he thinks peter parker should be a kid, not an adult,so they shouldn't do too big of a time jump, he's saying it'd be nice if he were in 3, not 4 movies... he's clearly saying he doesn't want to do with without actually saying it. it's not a matter of him pulling off looking younger or how old rdj is, dude simply doesn't want to spend half of his professional career being in a franchise, and who can blame him. he's barely had a life since this whole thing started, and it's only been 3 years.

If they offer him enough money, he'll come back.

Guess they will kill gwen to keep spidey young just like the comics

Maybe Garfield will pull a Keanu Reeves on us and he will always look like he's in his late 20s/early 30s and he will never get replaced.

Maybe Garfield will pull a Keanu Reeves on us and he will always look like he's in his late 20s/early 30s and he will never get replaced.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEubt6HpGhs[/YT]

All of this!

Yeah he did seen unsure about doing the 4th one, the same way Marc Webb was unsure directing this second one. I'm definitely a bit worried about that, but it's quite a long time from now so no point.

Yeah he did seen unsure about doing the 4th one, the same way Marc Webb was unsure directing this second one. I'm definitely a bit worried about that, but it's quite a long time from now so no point.
Let's not jump to the fourth movie just yet. We are still 10 months away from TASM2.

I think the fight scenes are going to suck big time....it will be just him throwing lightening bolts & balls, and Spidey dodging them, with Electro blowing up ****, and Spidey bating him into a trap. Electro won't throwing any punches, nor grabbing, slingging, or tossing anyone around. It will be just Electro throwing bolts and Spidey throwing things. I want to see a Jackie Chan fight scene with some element of a video game like StreetFighter, when using their power in the mist of fighting, catching them off guard.

You all know whating I'm trying to say?

What does everyone think of what Venom'sDad said?

Also keep in mind, he's only signed for three movies so let's say even IF he does want to do a fourth one, that's contract negotiation time and he'll want a nice paycheck no doubt so it's all politics and posturing at this point, that's the way the game is played

Does anyone know a good site to crop a GIF into a 75x75 or 100x100 that can be used as an avatar on this site?

Has the Tumblr meet up been posted yet?
[YT]C2WDlYqdqio[/YT]

Really cool and revealing interview with Mark Friedberg, Production Designer for TASM2.
(http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...signer-mark-friedberg-on-amazing-spider-man-2)

As a designer, I steal regularly - that’s what we’re paid to do. Marc [Webb] knows a great deal about it. He had a background in it before he even did the first movie. His version of the Spider-Man world is something he invented, so there are key places and key elements along the way. Sometimes they’re quotes - times on a clock can refer to a number on a comic book.

He [Electro] was an interesting character. I think, in general, even though there’s so much digital going on, we try to make everything as practically as we can. So his costume is also born of an Oscorp issue, that the costume has to do with the fact that the people working on him had to deal with an electrical thing, so it’s supposed to be a vulcanised rubber. We didn’t want him to look as though he’d gone to the superhero costume shop, which is sometimes what it looks like. We tried to have it have a story as well as look cool and strong.

Rhino is Alexei, a Soviet. And I think one of the ideas was to contrast the futuristic titanium or polycarbonate materials of some of the other Oscorp technology, and the fact that a lot of these costumes are involved with your body - the systems of your body. I’m not just putting on armour, it’s part of my body. Rhino is kind of a throwback character, in a way, almost a period character, which isn’t meant to be a knock on Russia, but rather quoting the sort of bulky, massiveness of the Soviet Union.

(In regards to the new Spidey suit)
Yes, it is. It’s a little more like the ones in the earlier films. He has the ability to wear headphones, and he has a little more tack in his wrists than he used to have. He can do a little bit more. The funny thing is he always ends up in his garage, tinkering. He’s a science student.
:yay:

The story is mostly set in spring and summer, so we were on stage a lot through the winter, but now we’re in the nice weather, we’re outdoors on the weekends. Then there are two more stage parts of this to go. About three weeks.

The new suit is just wow...

Nobody responded to my post about what Venom's Dad said about the Electro fight scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"