• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - - Part 25

Holy thread bump, Batman!

Outside of the relationship portion, I completely agree with you.

Some great duology in ASM and ASM2. Particularly Captain Stacy's promise.

TASM 1 was a big fat meh, and TASM 2 was a cluster mess.

No great duology me thinks.

So I didn't think this needed a thread, but I have a question. How did Spider-Man stick to walls in these movies? Little spider hairs, or the whole manipulating electrical fields. I can't recall it ever mentioned in both movies.

Was there any like, supplementary info provided during the release/before the release of the movie that might have mentioned it?

Not sure about supplementary info, but I just rewatched both films a couple weeks back and there's no kind of explanation in the films themselves that I can recall.

Huh, that's quite odd. Guess we just come to our own conclusions.

I don't think they ever explained how Peter Parker could stick to walls. They also never explained if he didn't need glasses anymore or if he continued to wear contact lenses.

I would assume given the nature of cross species genetics, he'd probably have the super tiny little hairs.

When I was watching this film again, I started to have horrible flashbacks about all the nitpicking that used to go on at the IMDB boards when this first came out.

The one I remember most: "Peter was traveling in that basketball scene, not playing fair! They should have edited it better!" As if he was playing an actual game of basketball and not just jumping in to mess with Flash. :doh:

When I was watching this film again, I started to have horrible flashbacks about all the nitpicking that used to go on at the IMDB boards when this first came out.

The one I remember most: "Peter was traveling in that basketball scene, not playing fair! They should have edited it better!" As if he was playing an actual game of basketball and not just jumping in to mess with Flash. :doh:

Seriously? Hopefully that was just sarcasm by the user.

Traveling or not, I think Flash didn't expect to get dunked on by Peter.

Despite having quite a few bad scenes, imo, it also had great scenes. For example, Peter going to school the day after his uncle's death. Everyone just stares at the loner that lost a family member.... How's anyone gonna say anything in that situation?! If that wasn't enough, even the bully feels sorry for him! People may not like it, but I think it's one of the best substitutes in adaptions.

Despite having quite a few bad scenes, imo, it also had great scenes. For example, Peter going to school the day after his uncle's death. Everyone just stares at the loner that lost a family member.... How's anyone gonna say anything in that situation?! If that wasn't enough, even the bully feels sorry for him! People may not like it, but I think it's one of the best substitutes in adaptions.

I really wish Peter had hugged Flash instead of Gwen at the end of that scene. It would've shown a depth to Flash that we get in the comics, but hasn't been seen on film. He's always just the mean jock in the movies.

I don't think they ever explained how Peter Parker could stick to walls. They also never explained if he didn't need glasses anymore or if he continued to wear contact lenses.

Agreed. I wondered that too. Comics and SM1 explaine all that. ASM never did.

It was almost as if the filmmakers said, "well people know that Spider-Man is supposed to stick to walls and he's supposed to not wear glasses. We don't have to explain it." They should have just skipped over the entire origin to begin with.

Wow now that I'm watching ASM on FX, I almost forgot that Peter wont find Ben's killer since the deal.

Wow now that I'm watching ASM on FX, I almost forgot that Peter wont find Ben's killer since the deal.
Damn, yet another downside. :( Guess I'll have to accept the terrible resolution of that plotline from the TASM2 video game then. :dry:

So I didn't think this needed a thread, but I have a question. How did Spider-Man stick to walls in these movies? Little spider hairs, or the whole manipulating electrical fields. I can't recall it ever mentioned in both movies.
He's Spider-Man, that's all you need to know. :oldrazz:

I tried to watch this movie again on Blu-Ray but I had to stop after 45 minutes. This movie just isn't very good.

I'll watch it for Emma Stone's glorious Gwen Stacy and Sally Field gives a nice performance as Aunt May.

Outside of that, it's just not great.

Last edited:
It's funny, with Raimi's Spideys I never really liked Tobey's Peter/Spidey but loved the movies whereas with Webb's Spideys I wasnt too impressed with the movies but thought Garfield and Stone were absolutely great in their roles.

My feeling is that if you could somehow transplant Garfield and Stone into Raimi's movies, you'd have near perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"