The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man Set Pictures, Videos and News Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah Poni_Boy has shared some great info regarding the trailer! :awesome:

i know alot of ppl hate ultimate green goblin but i kinda like the concept of Norman turning into an actual goblin rather than just putting on a costume. after all USM is suppose to be a re-telling and re-imagining of classic stories form the 616 universe. therefore some minor and major changes have to be made in order to stand apart.

but to each his own and all that jazz

I've picked up the that fresh Total Film issue & here's what Rhys Ifans shared on The Amazing Spider-Man: (it's not much, but still)

"We all know it's going to be this huge, 3D, CGI, rip-roaring epic, but [director] Marc Webb has made it very human and Andrew Garfield is mind-splittingly good. Sorry, but I'll probably be assassinated if I say any more."

Thats it? Aw man.

Very human? I want the monster lizard. Not human lizard. :dry:

Thats it? Aw man.

Very human? I want the monster lizard. Not human lizard. :dry:

I don't think he's giving any hints about the Lizard, but rather that all the fantasy of this story will be rooted in real, human emotion.

Which is awesome, of course.

i know alot of ppl hate ultimate green goblin but i kinda like the concept of Norman turning into an actual goblin rather than just putting on a costume. after all USM is suppose to be a re-telling and re-imagining of classic stories form the 616 universe. therefore some minor and major changes have to be made in order to stand apart.

but to each his own and all that jazz
I personally think it's an insult to the character. The fact that he wore a suit which pretty much brought the insanity full circle makes it ceepier, IMO. To each his own though.

I personally think it's an insult to the character. The fact that he wore a suit which pretty much brought the insanity full circle makes it ceepier, IMO. To each his own though.

I'd prefer the suit myself, but I actually wouldn't have any problem if they went with Osborn mutating into the goblin...as long as he still resembled the 616 Goblin somewhat (Alex Ross had a great design) with the glider and gadgets, etc... and not the Hulk-Goblin seen in the Ultimate series.

It seems like it would be a nice balance between the two and I can see them wanting to try something new to shake things up, since we've seen Osborn donning the suit in the previous trilogy.

Nope, I quoted before you change

Well...that's where you lose :woot:

Give a brother a chance to edit and find a better picture, lol.

Not only an insult, but unimaginable. Marvel already had a giant green guy and to pull the same on one of Marvel's greatest villains is just an awful exploitation of trying to "change it up" just for the sake of changing.

Also with Shocker. VERY unimaginable take on his look just for the sake of changing. One major reason why I hate USM as changing for the sake of changing has always been their motto, and their changes are never any better.

Well...that's where you lose :woot:

Give a brother a chance to edit and find a better picture, lol.

Not only an insult, but unimaginable. Marvel already had a giant green guy and to pull the same on one of Marvel's greatest villains is just an awful exploitation of trying to "change it up" just for the sake of changing.

Also with Shocker. VERY unimaginable take on his look just for the sake of changing. One major reason why I hate USM as changing for the sake of changing has always been their motto, and their changes are never any better.

You mean how they "changed up" the Spidey suit just for the sake of change? There is no reason for deviating from the classic design that to differentiate it from the previous films. Expect a lot more of that.

You mean how they "changed up" the Spidey suit just for the sake of change? There is no reason for deviating from the classic design that to differentiate it from the previous films. Expect a lot more of that.

I understand Webb wanting his suit to look different from Raimi's to just differentiate the films. That is totally fine, imo. BUT, the Ultimate series is just an excuse to go for the modern age and to attract a different fanbase.

And it's not like Webb's suit is such a new thing...

spiderman1024.jpg

d42401b2_Ben-Reilly-Spiderman.jpg

While I agree with Anno about Goblin, I also agree with you about this.

I just hope they don't change a lot of other things for the sake of change. I have faith though.

I just hope they don't change a lot of other things for the sake of change. I have faith though.

Nolan's Batman is very different than Burton's/Schumacher's, so why can't Webb's look different than Raimi's? Nothing states that they must look the same and Webb's changes fits more to Andrew's lengthyness and his lanky shape instead of Maguire who instead tried to build upon muscle to have a more toned-look with that suit. The suit itself is lanky with the red coming down from the arms and legs in a very small and narrow line. The only big difference is the belt, and it's something I've even complained about, but everything seems totally fine, from the way the spider emblems look to even the texture. As Webb said, the suit was made specifically for a reason with 3D and maybe it's true. But, perhaps someone will have to see it in 3D and let me know, lol.

Nolan's Batman is very different than Burton's/Schumacher's, so why can't Webb's look different than Raimi's? Nothing states that they must look the same and Webb's changes fits more to Andrew's lengthyness and his lanky shape instead of Maguire who instead tried to build upon muscle to have a more toned-look with that suit. The suit itself is lanky with the red coming down from the arms and legs in a very small and narrow line. The only big difference is the belt, and it's something I've even complained about, but everything seems totally fine, from the way the spider emblems look to even the texture. As Webb said, the suit was made specifically for a reason with 3D and maybe it's true. But, perhaps someone will have to see it in 3D and let me know, lol.
Well, Batman's suit was never adapted as close to the comics as possible, but Spider-Man's suit in Raimi's movies was. I still feel as though they could have made it different enough to notice it, but not by much. Make small changes here and there and have the texture they are using now, and have that be about it. I just don't feel a big change was necessary. But, whatever though. It won't cloud my feelings on the movie if it's really good.

Wait The Amazing Spider-Man trailer was leaked too? or are you guys just talking about the trailer?

I understand Webb wanting his suit to look different from Raimi's to just differentiate the films. That is totally fine, imo. BUT, the Ultimate series is just an excuse to go for the modern age and to attract a different fanbase.

And it's not like Webb's suit is such a new thing...

spiderman1024.jpg

d42401b2_Ben-Reilly-Spiderman.jpg

I get where you're coming from, but imagine if they used these suits for the new Superman film, one is from the comic and the other is an unused movie design, same as you've posted:

new-superman-costume.gif

tim-burton-superman.jpg

These costumes are awful. Keeping it simple and straightforward is always the best way to go. While I've gotten used to TASM suit, I still prefer the classic design. I'd also prefer the classic goblin, but I can understand why they might want to go a different direction and portray the character in a way that hasn't been done before on screen.

Well, Batman's suit was never adapted as close to the comics as possible, but Spider-Man's suit in Raimi's movies was. I still feel as though they could have made it different enough to notice it, but not by much. Make small changes here and there and have the texture they are using now, and have that be about it. I just don't feel a big change was necessary. But, whatever though. It won't cloud my feelings on the movie if it's really good.

I made a post somewhere on a perfect Spider-Man suit, and it was this:

Raimi's suit itself without the raised webbing and the logos and add in Webb's stitched-like feel and black webbing with the logos(I am really liking how the legs of the spiders goes down and are much longer). I think that combination would be perfect and be the CLOSEST suit adaptation ever.

Wait, what's wrong with that black Superman costume ?

LOL

Wait The Amazing Spider-Man trailer was leaked too? or are you guys just talking about the trailer?

Poni_Boy, that guy who has "all the connections" (but he's legit) saw it and gave us some info. Look at the first part of the teaser trailer thread.

I get where you're coming from, but imagine if they used these suits for the new Superman film, one is from the comic and the other is an unused movie design, same as you've posted:

new-superman-costume.gif

tim-burton-superman.jpg

These costumes are awful. Keeping it simple and straightforward is always the best way to go. While I've gotten used to TASM suit, I still prefer the classic design. I'd also prefer the classic goblin, but I can understand why they might want to go a different direction and portray the character in a way that hasn't been done before on screen.

The Burton suit looks like trash and I'll give you that...he wanted Superman's suit to look as dark and gothic as his Batman suit which clearly shows he never understood that Superman is a total opposite of Batman and as how Batman dwells in the shadows, Superman is out there in the daylight and giving hope.

The relaunch suit of Superman, however, I actually like. People complain the suit has an armor look to it, but it would explain much better how Superman is in an armored-like suit instead of the cloth look and his suits never get tarnished, or at least most of the time because nowadays the whole Superman aurora thing is wearing thin, imo. Plus, that suit would ideally be close to what Snyder may do with Man of Steel with having no red undies and what not.

Exactly. Raimi's costumed was adapted successfully and it works in the world that Spider-Man exists in. The costume could be blue and red swirl patterns and it wouldn't change the function of it. Spider-Man's costume is form over function.

Batman's costume is function over form. He needs body armor and gadgets. Gray spandex just won't cut it in the universe Nolan has created. It serves the story, so you can't compare the two on the basis of straying from the design elements of the suit.

Yeah, you can compare the two. I do it quite easily. You can serve the story with the classic colors made of the same material in Nolan's flicks.

©KAW;20915859 said:
Yeah, you can compare the two. I do it quite easily. You can serve the story with the classic colors made of the same material in Nolan's flicks.

What's the logic (since that's what we're after here) of Batman wearing a gray spandex suit with black/blue cape and undies? It makes more sense, in the "real world" (used loosely) for a vigilante like that to wear body armor rather than spandex. What purpose would the claasic suit serve other than just being closer to the source material?

Spider-Man, on the other hand will be wearing a for fitting, non-body armor, padded costume in any case, whether it's in Raimi's film, Webb's film, heck, the Nicholas Hammond show. There is no logical reason for the deviation in design. Feel free to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"