The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man Set Pictures, Videos and News Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate going to see a movie right when it comes out. There's too many people in the theater that detract from the experience with their cell phones, they whisper and talk, chew loudly, and slurp at their drinks. And it's cramped. You can't set your feet on the chair in front of you, and you're knocking elbows with somebody on either side. I can't understand the appeal of a midnight showing. For me it's better to wait a few months until you go in and the theater is almost empty.

Have you been to a midnight showing? It's not like that at all. Midnight showings are full of diehards. There's barely a peep from anyone.

I went to the first four Harry Potter movies, The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith. I can tell you it WAS like that. I'd like to know where you live where it's a quiet religious event.

Massachusetts my friend. I've been to Spider-Man 3, The Dark Knight, HP7 and Captain America. Most pleasant viewings ever.

Massachusetts my friend. I've been to Spider-Man 3, The Dark Knight, HP7 and Captain America. Most pleasant viewings ever.

Same thing in Virginia and North Carolina. I've been to a dozen midnight movies and never had a bad experience (except it was painfully hot at my Spiderman 3 premiere... So many things went wrong with that night...)

I've always found that the people who stay up and come to the 12:01am screenings are the kind of people who also LOVE movies, especially event movies like Harry Potter, Batman, Spider-Man, etc. They want the same kind of atmosphere and experience that I do, so I've always had a blast.

Among my worst theater experiences was when I was sitting near the top row one evening. I can't remember what movie it was, nothing big, but some woman near the bottom was carrying on a conversation with someone on her cell and talking a little too loud. Next thing I know some other woman stands up across the theater (closer to where I was at) and yells to the woman at near the bottom to put her cell away. The woman with the cell yelled back and they broke out into this miniature argument.

Actually on second thought, that was more entertaining than whatever I was watching.

All of my midnight showings ever are filled with huge fans that react during the movie.

Am I the only one who LOVE midnight showings, where die hard fans (as lame as it may be in some form) dress up, and are totally geared up!??? I'm digging sitting in a fully packed theater, where people are pumped and giving applause during big exciting sequences. I LOVE everything about it :-)

I hate excessive applause but I like the amped up energy. It makes the experience better. You go to a movie for the experience.

Applause when the credits start rolling is okay. As a matter of fact, my childhood friend and I started a theater-wide credits applause when we went and saw Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone years ago.

Damn...... it's eerie thinking about that. So long ago and that friend and I lost contact since then.

I had the terrible thought of watching Transformers at the midnight showing. Firstly, I went to WATCH a TF in theatres which I wish I could take back, lol, but second, it had kids that were cheering every single time Optimus spoke. And what's weird is that it's KIDS...that made no sense because they weren't even alive to have heard Peter Cullen back in the day.

**For those unaware, I am referring to the voice of Optimus Prime, not a vampire**

I hate excessive applause but I like the amped up energy. It makes the experience better. You go to a movie for the experience.

You sound like Ray Winstone's cinema advert.

Originally Posted by MarveliteSpider
I hate going to see a movie right when it comes out. There's too many people in the theater that detract from the experience with their cell phones, they whisper and talk, chew loudly, and slurp at their drinks. And it's cramped. You can't set your feet on the chair in front of you, and you're knocking elbows with somebody on either side. I can't understand the appeal of a midnight showing. For me it's better to wait a few months until you go in and the theater is almost empty.

the most annoying new habit in the cinema is texting during the movie, you can see the bright glare of the screen out of the coner of your eye. I mean, really, texting during a movie, what's the point of going to the movie?:whatever:

Emma Stone is so freakin hot. I want her.

Marc Webb seems like a great guy, too, lol. I like that he says there is a certain level and humor and wit to Spider-Man that he is trying to embody. He also states how Connors and Peter both start the film looking for something and end up at a completely different spot. I like that idea, it's like the same story told from two different, yet connecting, perspectives.

Here's hoping this works out...

Yeah those were the two most interesting parts. In the interview with just Emma she pointed out that there is a change in Peter once he puts on the costume so I love that there is a great understanding of the dichotomy and that Marc understands how important the humor and wit is to Spidey as a character

I missed the first link!!

Oh, man. Emma Stone! **** ME SILLY!!!!

Oh, the movie sounds great, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member