• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind the safety net idea, it worked in Batman Arkham City too.

Not happy about that safety net thing. I want the ability to fall to my death. It would increase the risk factor and demand more skill from the players. Plus it's fun.
If he's using web to stop himself, will he still be able to do this when there are no buildings around? Man I hope they don't let you swing with no buildings around.

I would think that Activision has come up with a workaround for that type of scenario. With as many buildings that Manhattan contains, I'm pretty sure the "safety" feature will allow Spidey to web the nearest building in his proximity. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City managed to pull it off, and it worked out great. Even if you don't like that particular feature, I would go so far as to say still give Activision credit, at least they're putting in some work on this game. If you can't all out beat the competition, which in this case is the Batman games, take what they've established, tailor it to Spidey and expand on it.

How do you not? Just make sure you hit the web swing button before the animation for the 'safety net' kicks in.

It's still bull*****, and there's nothing you can say that will change my opinion on the matter. I'm guessing you'll still try considering how great you are at not mentioning SM3 around Aziz, but whatever.:woot:

My stand is that the safety net is basically putting training wheels where there didn't need to be any. It made sense in Batman because it was used above lava, bottomless pits, deadly gas-filled rooms, etc. It doesn't make sense in Spider-Man, unless they have anything like that in the game... then I'd definitely approve of a safety net.

P.S. Just woke up, so this comment is probably harder to read than normal.

P.P.S. How sad is it that such a minor mechanic in the game has taken so much thread space?:csad:

Last edited:
My comment was based on u missing the intention of the developers comment. I wasnt trying to change ur mind on the subject. For such a trivial element, it's not even worth it. Iv explained how u can get around it. Not that big a deal.

P.P.S. How sad is it that such a minor mechanic in the game has taken so much thread space?:csad:

:ninja:

I think it's a sign that we're really starved for new info.

Also, here's more fuel on the fire: I agree that the safety net is completely unnecessary. It's almost like if you are about to die in a fight all the sudden, via an auto animation, spidey webs himself into cover to heal up. Sounds lame right? Because it's unnecessary and takes away from the actually having to have some skill while playing the games. Not to mention fall damage gives gravity to the situation and gives you more of the feeling that you're actually playing as spider-man with similar consequences. When I websling in the game i want the best experience possible because it's one of the greatest and most unique qualities of the character. Dumbing it down takes away from that experience.

It's not that a safety net is a deal breaker, but it's still lame if there is one in my opinion.

Last edited:

Also, here's more fuel on the fire: I agree that the safety net is completely unnecessary. It's almost like if you are about to die in a fight all the sudden, via an auto animation, spidey webs himself into cover to heal up. Sounds lame right? Because it's unnecessary and takes away from the actually having to have some skill while playing the games. Not to mention fall damage gives gravity to the situation and gives you more of the feeling that you're actually playing as spider-man with similar consequences. When I websling in the game i want the best experience possible because it's one of the greatest and most unique qualities of the character. Dumbing it down takes away from that experience.

It's not that a safety net is a deal breaker, but it's still lame if there is one in my opinion.

I agree to an extent. I never planned on falling to my death any way, so it doesnt really bother me one way or the other.

I'm sorry but this is a video game where you have to press the right trigger to shoot out a web and swing. There is no such thing as skill. To say that there is "skill" is an insult to all the people in the world that actually have skills for example doctors.

It's still bull*****, and there's nothing you can say that will change my opinion on the matter. I'm guessing you'll still try considering how great you are at not mentioning SM3 around Aziz, but whatever.:woot:

My stand is that the safety net is basically putting training wheels where there didn't need to be any. It made sense in Batman because it was used above lava, bottomless pits, deadly gas-filled rooms, etc. It doesn't make sense in Spider-Man, unless they have anything like that in the game... then I'd definitely approve of a safety net.

P.S. Just woke up, so this comment is probably harder to read than normal.

I agree with you. They should just make it an option to turn it off, or maybe on the harder modes make it so you would actually get injured.

My comment was based on u missing the intention of the developers comment. I wasnt trying to change ur mind on the subject. For such a trivial element, it's not even worth it. Iv explained how u can get around it. Not that big a deal.
I'm interested in seeing what the highest level he can jump down from without damage, and how fast will it be to build the net, and when does he start, the difference in height of the fall might affect the height of the net

Maybe between trees
You don't want to swing from trees or flag pillars?

Those are okay. I Just don't want to see him swing from nothing, like he appears to do in the robot trailer.

I'm sorry but this is a video game where you have to press the right trigger to shoot out a web and swing. There is no such thing as skill. To say that there is "skill" is an insult to all the people in the world that actually have skills for example doctors.

The word skill isn't limited to professionals like doctors. I'm not saying being good at a videogame is equal to being able to perform surgery, but if you watch enough people play the same videogame, it becomes very clear that some are much better than others. And despite the fact you're just pressing right trigger, I've noticed a gradual improvement in the accuracy and control I exhibit. Hence skill.

The safety net is an example of imitating the Arkham games where they shouldn't have. I'm used to seeing spider-man fall out the sky on occasion, it happened in the cartoons, it happened repeatedly in SM2, and it happens in the trailer for the upcoming movie (where spidey bounces off the taxi).

Those are okay. I Just don't want to see him swing from nothing, like he appears to do in the robot trailer.
The webline might be attached to the robot
In all the trailers the swinging line appears to be going directly upwards, not sticking to a surface

Yeah, you're right. I've been trying to ignore it, but the small amount of footage we've seen does seem to show that the lines won't stick to surfaces.

I'm interested in seeing what the highest level he can jump down from without damage, and how fast will it be to build the net, and when does he start, the difference in height of the fall might affect the height of the net

I think that's exactly what it'll be. Depends on the height. Look at AC, sometimes Batman would just fall and other times at the absolute last second he would use his cape to slow him down before he hits the ground. That's exactly what this game will do. He'll just shoot a strand of webbing at the very last second to slow his fall so he lands safely.

Some of you guys say that you want to fall to the ground and get hurt, or web swing at the last millisecond.

But hey, I want to be able to stand on a tall building and get down to a specific spot down on the ground without having to **** it up by swinging like a damn idiot back and forth before I can drop down.

Some of you guys say that you want to fall to the ground and get hurt, or web swing at the last millisecond.

But hey, I want to be able to stand on a tall building and get down to a specific spot down on the ground without having to **** it up by swinging like a damn idiot back and forth before I can drop down.

That's where the web rush comes into play. Precision and accuracy are what that feature is all about imo.

I just want to play the damn game, I can care less about that "safety" feature, I doubt I'll be freefalling, if anything, I'll be throwing people off of roofs. :awesome:

It's called the web rush retreat button. It's also very similiar to the grapnel gun for Bats in AC. I don't remember anyone making an issue out of this for Batman, so why is it an issue now?

The safety net has both pros and cons to it. I honestly don't care if it's there or not and I'm not expecting this feature to ruin the gameplay experience in any way. It's a minor nitpick and one that if the game itself is a major success, I won't even think about it.

I just want to play the damn game, I can care less about that "safety" feature, I doubt I'll be freefalling, if anything, I'll be throwing people off of roofs. :awesome:

lol. Yeah me too. If the vertigo that reviewer's have stated is accurate when falling/swinging etc., I am gonna be doing lots of freefalling.

lol. Yeah me too. If the vertigo that reviewer's have stated is accurate when falling/swinging etc., I am gonna be doing lots of freefalling.

Back in the ps2 days, I was notorious for throwing and doing spinning head first pildrivers on enemies off of buildings :yay:

Id hope they won't let you toss people off of buildings, hah, i mean thats not something Spidey would do.

Id hope they won't let you toss people off of buildings, hah, i mean thats not something Spidey would do.

He might not do it, but it's damn funny, especially when I would web up to like 3 guys and spin them around, flinging everyone off of the building, hilarious.

It's called the web rush retreat button. It's also very similiar to the grapnel gun for Bats in AC. I don't remember anyone making an issue out of this for Batman, so why is it an issue now?

I said "via an auto animation" in that bolded sentence...meaning you don't trigger it yourself, the game does it automatically for you. You had to trigger the grapnel gun by pressing a button. That involves choice, timing, and action...if the game were to do it for you, it would aleviate you of the necessary skill or choice, making it less of a challenge.

The safety net has both pros and cons to it. I honestly don't care if it's there or not and I'm not expecting this feature to ruin the gameplay experience in any way. It's a minor nitpick and one that if the game itself is a major success, I won't even think about it.

completely agreed. at the end of the day, even if it's a bad game, the safety net isn't make or break. I just think it'd be unnecessary in general.

He might not do it, but it's damn funny, especially when I would web up to like 3 guys and spin them around, flinging everyone off of the building, hilarious.

SM2 allowed for some serious hilarity like that. I enjoyed taking a guy up to the top of the Empire State building and then pile driving him all the way down into the pavement...or just chucking him off to top. It was pretty freaking funny.

Something spidey would do? no way...fun/funny? absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"