The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like all those robots and futuristic looking enemies with metallic suits. They are not interesting and I'm sure that we don't see any kind of those in the movie. Why they have to be in the game?
Different story and a role to capture Spider-Man for the behind-the-scenes-mad-scientist to study

I don't like all those robots and futuristic looking enemies with metallic suits. They are not interesting and I'm sure that we don't see any kind of those in the movie. Why they have to be in the game?

The developers do that kind of stuff in order to make the game longer, throwing in enemies like that is nothing more than cannon fodder. Normally when there are movie tie in games, if they were to follow the film shot for shot, the game itself would be extremely short. Games like The Lord of The Rings did well, because they had a bunch of monsters and what not in the film, perfect cannon fodder for a game, same goes with TMNT and the Foot Soldiers. Now in the case with The Amazing Spider-Man, Beenox is pretty much going out on a limb creating a story that supposedly takes place after the film, and for all we know, none of these events won't be mention once a sequel comes out, then they could easily say that the game occured in between x amount of time

It's been a while but I remember enjoying the heck out of Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 on the PS2... and somethings in those games did not and were not ever mentioned in the movies.

Giant Robots? Meh, they will fall before me like everyone else.

...In a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man kind of way of course.

It's been a while but I remember enjoying the heck out of Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 on the PS2... and somethings in those games did not and were not ever mentioned in the movies.

Giant Robots? Meh, they will fall before me like everyone else.

...In a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man kind of way of course.

yeah, both of the previous movie tie in Spider-Man games had hefty amounts of that, Green Goblin did way more damage in the first game than he did in the movie, same goes for Mysterio, he caused way more chaos than Dr. Octopus did, taking over the Statue of Liberty and junk. But hey, it comes with the territory when you make games based on films, gotta throw in the filler stuff. If Spider-Man 2 the game were to go exactly like Spider-Man 2 the movie, the game could probably be completed in the same amount of time as the film's running time

I remember the Mysterio fight ticking me off... I also thought it was cool meeting up with Black Cat. I actually enjoyed Spider-Man 2 the game more than I did the movie, lol.

I remember the Mysterio fight ticking me off... I also thought it was cool meeting up with Black Cat. I actually enjoyed Spider-Man 2 the game more than I did the movie, lol.

I hated that gameshow segment with Mysterio where you had to get through that obstacle course, if you were popped 3 times, that was it. I remember that part pissing me right off

This game isn't based on the plot of the movie. The events of the game occur after those in the film.

The website is awesome. We can also check on Gwen and Smythe.

Here's some more cool info for the game.

Good read, I like the fact that Dee Brown actually played through both Batman games and used it as inspiration for this Spider-Man game, nothing wrong with that at all. Hopefully in the coming weeks, they'll give us a proper gameplay video so we can see for ourselves how the game will be. Should this game turn out to be great, Beenox will be penciled in my good book, the only thing they would need to do after that is top TASM with another great Spidey game and they'll have me sold. Off Topic, it's ironic, Shattered Dimensions was pretty good and Edge of Time wasn't that great, we've seen that type of stuff happen with other companies, especially Capcom.

I watched a few videos at the website... they were the first videos I've watched since the reveal trailer.

So glad I preordered.

Good read, I like the fact that Dee Brown actually played through both Batman games and used it as inspiration for this Spider-Man game, nothing wrong with that at all. Hopefully in the coming weeks, they'll give us a proper gameplay video so we can see for ourselves how the game will be. Should this game turn out to be great, Beenox will be penciled in my good book, the only thing they would need to do after that is top TASM with another great Spidey game and they'll have me sold. Off Topic, it's ironic, Shattered Dimensions was pretty good and Edge of Time wasn't that great, we've seen that type of stuff happen with other companies, especially Capcom.

Yeah, Dee has been quoted as saying that AC is one of his favorite games and has always given props to Rocksteady for their good work. It makes sense that he would try to emulate what they've done. And I really do hope this game turns out to be a great achievement. Pretty much all that I have left to see or need to see rather, is that gameplay video and then watch some hands-on gameplay via E3.

I know I've mentioned this before but with the efforts on SD and EoT, Beenox has had time to work with Spider-man as a character for a couple of games to experiment and see what works and what doesn't. I can only imagine that with that experience under their belt, they would be able to craft a high quality Spider-man game. It's not a definite thing but it adds more weight to their case. You gotta respect the fact that Beenox basically scrapped the engine from both those games and started from scratch cause they knew they needed something bigger and better to tackle the direction they wanted to go. And imo that type of understanding can only come from the previous work that they've done and knowing what needs to be done.

I watched a few videos at the website... they were the first videos I've watched since the reveal trailer.

So glad I preordered.

I'm gonna go pre-order it when I go to pick up Max Payne 3 on the 15th, I need to stay out of Gamestop for a while :awesome:

I'm gonna go pre-order it when I go to pick up Max Payne 3 on the 15th, I need to stay out of Gamestop for a while :awesome:

I feel the same way about Best Buy. I keep myself out of that store so my wallet stays in good shape :woot:

The Overlords... er.. GameStop. I work at Sears and GameStop is RIGHT beside us.. So.

Plus, I've got friends there that still give me my old employee discount, haha.

That's sweet. Employee discounts are def a nice touch.

The Overlords... er.. GameStop. I work at Sears and GameStop is RIGHT beside us.. So.

Plus, I've got friends there that still give me my old employee discount, haha.

Haha i find this funny. Before i worked at Gamestop i worked at Sears. Hated it tho, i didn't know s**t about lawn mowers. The money was nice tho.

Haha i find this funny. Before i worked at Gamestop i worked at Sears. Hated it tho, i didn't know s**t about lawn mowers. The money was nice tho.

Ugghhhh, I had that same problem back in the day when I worked at Sears, and I would always get some *****e bag who had 21 questions about some damn riding mower, look...it cuts grass like the rest of them, buy it or get out!!!!:cmad:

Ugghhhh, I had that same problem back in the day when I worked at Sears, and I would always get some *****e bag who had 21 questions about some damn riding mower, look...it cuts grass like the rest of them, buy it or get out!!!!:cmad:

Haha, i would always try to position the customer so that he was facing away from the little info cards we had on each display and id just read off that. But like i said, the money could be really good. Ill never forget one saturday i came into work and there was a couple waiting to buy a riding mower, i ended up selling them that and a bunch of attachments. Made like 400 bux off that ONE sale. I didn't do a damn bit of work the entire next week. I just would hang out in the back storage room.

Haha, i would always try to position the customer so that he was facing away from the little info cards we had on each display and id just read off that. But like i said, the money could be really good. Ill never forget one saturday i came into work and there was a couple waiting to buy a riding mower, i ended up selling them that and a bunch of attachments. Made like 400 bux off that ONE sale. I didn't do a damn bit of work the entire next week. I just would hang out in the back storage room.

Lol that's funny, I did something similar, only drawback was every time the couple came into the store, they would ask for me, and after the initial sell and the bonus I got, every time they came in after that, they didn't really want ****, just wanted to ask a bunch of questions. They were some dumbasses...

"What is this whole dvd thing? Can I use those on my VCR?"

No, stop being cheap and by a damn dvd player, or leave, either one is fine with me :cwink:

BC again? They like her that much?
Yes, Al is the one behind the bots
Don't remember Whitney Chang from any comic I read

Did you guys see Smythe's bio?
I didn't know that about him. I thought it was pretty interesting. I never liked the character, but now I hate him a lot less.

Yeah, Dee has been quoted as saying that AC is one of his favorite games and has always given props to Rocksteady for their good work. It makes sense that he would try to emulate what they've done. And I really do hope this game turns out to be a great achievement. Pretty much all that I have left to see or need to see rather, is that gameplay video and then watch some hands-on gameplay via E3.

I know I've mentioned this before but with the efforts on SD and EoT, Beenox has had time to work with Spider-man as a character for a couple of games to experiment and see what works and what doesn't. I can only imagine that with that experience under their belt, they would be able to craft a high quality Spider-man game. It's not a definite thing but it adds more weight to their case. You gotta respect the fact that Beenox basically scrapped the engine from both those games and started from scratch cause they knew they needed something bigger and better to tackle the direction they wanted to go. And imo that type of understanding can only come from the previous work that they've done and knowing what needs to be done.

Yeah, Beenox has had a considerable amount of time with Spider-Man, all we can do at this point is hope and pray the game turns out to be good. Arkham City IMO is good inspiration for crafting a game, hell, it seems like a few upcoming action games are straying away from their old engine and going more in favor of what Batman had to offer, Sleeping Dogs is doing it and it looks really good to me. Welp, we got about a month and some change before the game releases, can't wait to see what other updates they come out with before the game releases.

Maybe they just created her for the film verse.

That's exactly what I was thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"