The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, man, I wish Beenox would announce the friggin VA for Spidey. I don't know what the issue is and why they haven't already done so. I'm not worried either though...I mean, Beenox has picked nothing but good voice actors for their games so I'd assume that will continue but since he's playing Spidey in the movie, it would be nice to have Garfield voice the game role as well.

I still rather have Keaton. Considering this is a younger Spidey, he's still the tops when it comes to Spidey VA's, especially in that high school age range. My only problem with getting Andrew Garfield, is theres no telling what kind of voice actor he will be. Some actors have no problem with the transition, others tend to struggle a bit. Altho, considering this is a "sequel" of sorts, it will be cool to see Garfield continue that role. Either way, voice acting is one area I'm not really concerned with. Beenox has nailed that aspect of the last 2 games.

I still rather have Keaton. Considering this is a younger Spidey, he's still the tops when it comes to Spidey VA's, especially in that high school age range. My only problem with getting Andrew Garfield, is theres no telling what kind of voice actor he will be. Some actors have no problem with the transition, others tend to struggle a bit. Altho, considering this is a "sequel" of sorts, it will be cool to see Garfield continue that role. Either way, voice acting is one area I'm not really concerned with. Beenox has nailed that aspect of the last 2 games.

:up::up::up:

Josh Keaton is my favorite Spider-man voice actor. Romano is a very close second though. Anyways, yeah, I would so NOT have a problem with Keaton voicing Spidey in this game. It would be awesome. And, yeah, it is something to consider about Garfield, cause we haven't really heard much from him voicing Spidey. There's just a couple of lines he says in the trailer for the movie while behind the mask so it's difficult to judge at this point. He could be great but he could also stink.

Anyways, off topic, have you guys checked out those 3 clips from the film, the first clip of Spidey webbing that guy to the wall was pretty damn funny. I'm hoping Garfield reprises the role in the game and adds that type of humor to it.
I read the lines for that clip last year, thought it was false, and really thought it was bad, but hoped to be pleasantly surprised if I saw it
Still not impressive, and saying he made his webs is TMI

Not everyone, I'll definitely be playing this with the movie suit
Same here, everyone playing it will play it with the movie suit, I look forward to that, but almost everyone else wants to have the original costume as an alternate skin

One poster said before something about Beenox hiring another guy to voice Spider-Man, if that happens I'm interested to know who

I thought he was hilarious in that new clip. I agree about Garfield having the potential to be good but ya never know since voice acting is very different. Tobey had one of the worst voice acting performances ever in Spider-man 2 so hopefully they don't repeat that mistake.

I thought he was hilarious in that new clip. I agree about Garfield having the potential to be good but ya never know since voice acting is very different. Tobey had one of the worst voice acting performances ever in Spider-man 2 so hopefully they don't repeat that mistake.

Yea my concerns aren't with Garfield as Spider-Man, its Garfield as a voice actor. I dont have much to go on as i dont think he's done much voice over work.

He hasn't done any voice over work. It's going to be interesting to see how well, assuming Garfield is voicing Spidey in the game, he does with the voice acting.

The one where he sits in the backseat and ribs the crook for asking if he's a cop? That the kinda jokes I love about Spidey, he just makes people look like fools and annoys the hell out of them with his chatter.

There's a new clip out showing him messing with that crook after he webs him up to the wall

Ha! Look at this page from wikipedia. Scroll down a bit and it shows that Andrew is the voice actor for Spider-man in TASM. Yeah, I realize it's only wikipedia but still. :woot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Garfield

Haha yea i wouldn't put even the slightest bit of stock in that. I mean theres a high probability that he'll do the voice, most of these contracts for these big movies have clauses that require the actor to do things like video game tie ins. I remember a while back Daniel Craig was pissed he was forced to do the Quantum of Solace game because as a gamer he knew movie tie ins usually suck.

Yeah I know it's just Wikipedia and although it's probably correct there still hasn't been an 'official' announcement for the VA, so it's up in the air at this point. One good thing about Andrew is his very genuine excitement about playing the role of Spider-man. This was evident in his intro speech seen during the San Diego CC last July. I'm sure if he was given the clause to perform the voice work for TASM he'd bring that same passion and energy to the role.

Yea id hope. I do hope we get an announcement soon as to who will be voicing Spidey as well as some of the other characters.

Kind of a side note, has anyone watched the new Ultimate Spider-Man show? Whats everyone think of Drake Bell as Spidey? I dont think the show is all that good, but i dont hate his performance.

Yea id hope. I do hope we get an announcement soon as to who will be voicing Spidey as well as some of the other characters.

Kind of a side note, has anyone watched the new Ultimate Spider-Man show? Whats everyone think of Drake Bell as Spidey? I dont think the show is all that good, but i dont hate his performance.

Wow, Pat, for once, you're being more lenient than I am.

My ears started oozing blood when I heard him. I'm trying to think who was worse: Drake Bell or Mike Vaughn.

My ears started oozing blood when I heard him. I'm trying to think who was worse: Drake Bell or Mike Vaughn.

Haha, yea you aren't the first person iv heard say that. IDK, i just didn't really have a problem with him. He's obviously not my first or 2nd, or third choice but i didn't hate him.

Watching that show tho just reminds me how pissed off i am for the cancelation of the far, far, far superior Spectacular Spider-Man.

He's alright

Drake sounds like a kid, and he's voicing a kid, can it be more tolerable?

Haha, yea you aren't the first person iv heard say that. IDK, i just didn't really have a problem with him. He's obviously not my first or 2nd, or third choice but i didn't hate him.

Watching that show tho just reminds me how pissed off i am for the cancelation of the far, far, far superior Spectacular Spider-Man.

While I don't hate Drake's voice and performance, he's easily one of the more forgettable Spidey voice actors. And while the show just started, I do agree that TSSM is far superior and I'm still bummed that it got cancelled. I'm gonna keep watching Ultimate Spider-man and see how it plays out...my expectations are pretty low, so maybe I'll end up liking it.

He's alright
Drake sounds like a kid, and he's voicing a kid, can it be more tolerable?

Josh Keaton sounds like a kid and he is above and beyond tolerable. My point being, when comparisons are drawn there is a world of difference between a great sounding Spidey and say, a mediocre one.

I really don't know what to make of that Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, I want to like it, but at the same time, I just can't cope with American cartoons trying to emulate anime-style emotions and gestures, I dunno, I guess it'll grow onto me

Holy! I totally forgot about the show.

it's alright. but i am tired of marvel always trying to "reinvent the wheel" with spidey... when we've really yet to get an accurate depiction of his stories... the 90s toon will probably be the closest we ever get....

it's alright. but i am tired of marvel always trying to "reinvent the wheel" with spidey... when we've really yet to get an accurate depiction of his stories... the 90s toon will probably be the closest we ever get....

very true, they need that same team on a new cartoon

I hate the whole Spider-Man as the lead of a rag tag group of wannabe avengers. I also almost turned it off after seeing Spider-Man cruise around on a motorcycle. That just screams like they are trying to sell toys. Ah well, iv still got the 90's show on Netflix and both seasons of TSSM.

very true, they need that same team on a new cartoon

Ugh, no! The showrunner of the 90's show was a complete hack and an egomaniac. I understand that most of the problems with that show were due to censorship and budget problems. But I've heard horror stories of working with Semper as well.

Though, to be fair, USM is worse by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"