The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
His head is a little large, but there are many humans with similar heads
Alien...bah, you have to find every pointless thing to complain about

Nah, his model sucked overall and i dont have to "find" every pointless thing to complain about when it comes to that game, you're just the only whack-a-doo that keeps trying to defend that trash of a title.

Last edited:
Nah, his model sucked overall
No it didn't
and i dont have to "find" every pointless thing to complain about when it comes to that game,
Please, most people complaining bring a few decent points of criticism, little valid complaints, and ignore so much good it did
you're just the only whack-a-doo that keeps trying to defend that trash of a title.
It's good and deserves defending, cause it's good.
I tried to relate, misguided complaints are that, no matter how many agree on them

Nah, his model sucked overall and i dont have to "find" every pointless thing to complain about when it comes to that game, you're just the only whack-a-doo that keeps trying to defend that trash of a title.

Yeah, the game had more than just a "fair share" of flaws. In my book, it really has no right to be deemed a next gen Spider-Man game. Here with TASM, we can at least see where time has been put into not only the character models, but the overall game, this game may be slightly better than SD, but surely will not be as worse as WoS or SM3.

Yeah, the game had more than just a "fair share" of flaws.
It has some flaws, but it still has far less flaws than the stuff I keep seeing all over the internet, stuff that can also apply to every other game as well
In my book, it really has no right to be deemed a next gen Spider-Man game. Here with TASM, we can at least see where time has been put into not only the character models, but the overall game, this game may be slightly better than SD, but surely will not be as worse as WoS or SM3.
SM3 is the last good Spider-Man game published until now, even if it doesn't feel as Next gen as it should (I think it works notably better as a PC game than it does a console game) it's up to ASM to break that

I disagree with that. I think they should of kept the classic 616 style. But oh well, no use crying over spilt milk, or ruined costumes.

It's understandable that people do not like the new suit. But there's a really good chance you'll have some bonus skins to use :woot:

I don't understand the issues with the suit. Sure, if you dissect almost anything you can find flaws with it. But it looks like Spiderman, is sleek and modern and is faithful enough to the original design that the majority of people won't even notice the difference in design. Works for me. And what's really the problem with the belt? It really only makes sense given the webshooters, and aesthetically it works fine enough not to ruin the entire design of the suit. Seriously, what's the issue with it or the suit in general?

That picture looks pretty incredible though, the detail is impressive, although it's not at full resolution. Still, makes me quite excited for the game. Hopefully it feels as fluid and natural as SM2 did. Hopefully it's somehow better, haha.

I agree. Me personally, I am really digging the new suit. It's still recognizeable as Spidey and it looks like a version of the Ben Reilly suit. Spider-man always had a belt on but he kept it underneath his shirt and used it for the same purpose, to store extra webbing cartridges. Beenox, at the request of the filmmakers added a belt, only the kept it on the outside. I like the way it breaks up the suit and at least the cartridge holders are only in the front.

Yeah, every new screenshot that comes out looks amazing. Great detail throughout and easily the best looking Spidey model we've seen. The gameplay in the trailers has thus far been impressive and like you I hope it turns out to be better than SM2.

No it didn't Please, most people complaining bring a few decent points of criticism, little valid complaints, and ignore so much good it did

Give me a f'ing break. It didn't do anything well. S**t camera, s**t voice work, s**t controls, s**t visuals and a s**t story. Altho, that wasn't really their fault, they had to follow the film. But we've had this convo so many times i dont know why i keep bothering. You'll never wise the hell up.

Give me a f'ing break. It didn't do anything well. S**t camera, s**t voice work, s**t controls, s**t visuals and a s**t story. Altho, that wasn't really their fault, they had to follow the film. But we've had this convo so many times i dont know why i keep bothering. You'll never wise the hell up.

I don't understand why this topic keeps getting brought up. SM3 was 4 years ago. Let's leave it there. This is the TASM thread.

Understandably, comparisons will be drawn between past Spidey titles and the new one, but can we please, please, please, STOP the SM3 debate. Just leave it be. And I'm looking at you Aziz. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE on this board knows of your love for SM3. It's cool. I don't have a problem with that. Just the constant debating. OK? :yay:

I don't understand why this topic keeps getting brought up. SM3 was 4 years ago. Let's leave it there. This is the TASM thread.

Understandably, comparisons will be drawn between past Spidey titles and the new one, but can we please, please, please, STOP the SM3 debate. Just leave it be. And I'm looking at you Aziz. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE on this board knows of your love for SM3. It's cool. I don't have a problem with that. Just the constant debating. OK? :yay:

Well like you said, its gonna get compared, thats just how it goes. The debates never last long anyway. As soon as theres new ASM info, the topic will reroute itself.

It has some flaws, but it still has far less flaws than the stuff I keep seeing all over the internet, stuff that can also apply to every other game as well SM3 is the last good Spider-Man game published until now, even if it doesn't feel as Next gen as it should (I think it works notably better as a PC game than it does a console game) it's up to ASM to break that

SM3.....the last good Spider-Man game????? I understand your love for the game, but my god man...have you gone mad?!?!?!?

Yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING!!!!!!!!!!! the moment someone mentions that game in a negative perspective, especially pointing out it's OBVIOUS flaws, Aziz comes out guns blazing defending it's honor. If he loves the game, that is completely fine, but there's no doubt about it, the game was not done well from a developers standpoint, I mean....seriously

Well like you said, its gonna get compared, thats just how it goes. The debates never last long anyway. As soon as theres new ASM info, the topic will reroute itself.

Comparisons to TASM is one thing, but the SM3 debate on its merits/flaws has been done over so many times its as pointless as watching Nascar. Oh here they come again, what's that up ahead?? Oh, yeah, another left turn. And, around and around the circle we go.

Comparisons to TASM is one thing, but the SM3 debate on its merits/flaws has been done over so many times its as pointless as watching Nascar. Oh here they come again, what's that up ahead?? Oh, yeah, another left turn. And, around and around the circle we go.

I agree and until TASM game releases, when it comes to comparisons, it's gonna be up in the air whether it's Arkham Asylum great, SD decent, or SM3 awful

Give me a f'ing break. It didn't do anything well.
It did a lot
S**t camera
Pfft, not, this was heavily dramatized, and I tried it many times, it's not what you said
s**t voice work,
Over dramatic
s**t controls
Aah, no,
s**t visuals
And no
and a s**t story.
It's poor, but not s**t degree
Altho, that wasn't really their fault, they had to follow the film. But we've had this convo so many times i dont know why i keep bothering. You'll never wise the hell up.
I wised up, played it many time, compare reviews of this game to many other games with similar stuff, the more I see it the more it's shown "People complain about every damn thing unfairly when they are ignored in other games"

5 years actually
They should quit whining about SM3 this rough
They stop biting it too hard and I'll end this

SM3.....the last good Spider-Man game????? I understand your love for the game, but my god man...have you gone mad?!?!?!?
Have I gone mad? WhaT? No
Complaints are blind, when I see people make awful complaints far more than make decent ones I'm not mad in defending it, no. Gameplay has a lot of fun and imaginative, most of the problems people bring up up stuff in every other game, some decent points of criticism are made over the top
FoF was childish but has a good story
WoS is extremely repetitive with the s#5^^iest story ever (but you know that)
SD is overrated extremely repetitive nonsense, and guess what Mr. "It's the only decent Spidey game on Next Gen"; Some of the stuff in this game are stuff people complained about in SM3
EoT has some stuff distracting the first time from how bland gameplay is
Yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, No,. HELL NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING!!!!!!!!!!! the moment someone mentions that game in a negative perspective,
Extremely and way over the top
especially pointing out it's OBVIOUS flaws,
I see the obvious flaws, but I don't pull my hair over them, but this game has little decent complaints and a million extreme $$#%^ complaints, unreasonable stuff like "Cheap boss battles" ignoring these boss battles in almost every other game
Aziz comes out guns blazing defending it's honor.
Rightfully
If he loves the game, that is completely fine, but there's no doubt about it, the game was not done well from a developers standpoint, I mean....seriously
Yes, it's very rushed, environments don't render until you're near them, having 10 missions between two Scorpion missions is a bug I nitpicked about since day 1, story itself is underwhelming, but not as extreme as most make it to be, most characters models and animation are awkward, faces are not complete, swing kick is a joke, there are some glitches (the buggy ones are pretty rare)

Here, I listed ALL that are faults in my -rightfully so- favorite Spider-Man game (one of the good Spider-Man games, and it takes continuity of the XBOX version of SM1 with good Kraven levels instead of those half-@$$ed Scorpion levels (THE EXACT SAME PERSONALITY IS USED IN SM3), Treyarch's biggest fault is keeping Kraven levels exclusive to the XBox and giving the rest of the systems Scorpion in the first movie game)

But nothing to hinder the game as much as people do, I see what's wrong, and I don't go way over the top about it like I see a lot of people do, and beyond that, the game gave a lot to enjoy, but people still focused on complaining, focused way too much the half-@$$ed complaints are way too many, and they are far more half-@$$ed than what they make the game to be

BTW, the fan-service and the ability to outsmart thugs and bosses; IT'S PAINFULLY OBVIOUS IN SM3, AND EASY TO SEE YOU CAN BUILD YOUR STRATEGIES. YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS THEY ARE

Last edited:
Quamtum of Solace sucked. Blood Stone was really good then the studio was shut down

You're absolutely right, I mixed the two up. Blood Stone was a really good James Bond game that , unfortunately, didn't do well in sales.

The swinging and acrobatics better be on point, see I'm weird like that, so from time to time I like to re-enact this, or at least try to

[YT]aWpawu0HC_4[/YT]

I know exactly what you mean, of all three movies that's one of my favorite spider-man scenes! I think Beenox will give us that feel. Looking at the trailers for TASM the camera swoops around just like in the movies; I think they're aiming for that cinematic feel. It seems like Beenox used the above clip for reference when designing web-swinging.

New screenshot, I think that's Oscorp to the left of him

476810_10150626584889599_85581019598_9177398_2079886771_o.jpg

That's a really impressive picture, if it wasn't for the background I would think it was from the live action movie. I wonder if game developers do touch ups when they release screen shots?

I don't understand the issues with the suit. Sure, if you dissect almost anything you can find flaws with it. But it looks like Spiderman, is sleek and modern and is faithful enough to the original design that the majority of people won't even notice the difference in design. Works for me. And what's really the problem with the belt? It really only makes sense given the webshooters, and aesthetically it works fine enough not to ruin the entire design of the suit. Seriously, what's the issue with it or the suit in general?

That picture looks pretty incredible though, the detail is impressive, although it's not at full resolution. Still, makes me quite excited for the game. Hopefully it feels as fluid and natural as SM2 did. Hopefully it's somehow better, haha.

I have no issues with the suit and like the approach they've taken with it. My main issue with the belt is that it's distractingly bad. It's like seeing batman wear a baseball cap. I've never seen Spider-man wear a belt over his suit so it just looks unnatural to me. Considering it's not in the movie and the film studio asked for it in the game, I think it was solely done for merchandising purposes.

Last edited:
Its still different than the orig suit. The orig suit is best. Its simple. Its effective. This new one is growing on me, but i still dont think they needed to change it.

I'd make an argument for the Ben Rielly costume, I believe it has a much slicker design than the original. The symbiote suit would be my third favorite.

I'd make an argument for the Ben Rielly costume, I believe it has a much slicker design than the original. The symbiote suit would be my third favorite.
I'd agree with you if not for the half-boots and the two red fingers in the blue/black glove

Spider=Aziz said:
I'd agree with you if not for the half-boots and the two red fingers in the blue/black glove

That's such a tiny change. It's not bad it's just different. The only people who seem to care are the overzealous Spidey fanboys. If you were a true Spidey fan, you'd be more worried by whether they get the game/movie right than the costume which, to be perfectly honest, still looks unquestionably like Spidey.

That's such a tiny change. It's not bad it's just different. The only people who seem to care are the overzealous Spidey fanboys. If you were a true Spidey fan, you'd be more worried by whether they get the game/movie right than the costume which, to be perfectly honest, still looks unquestionably like Spidey.
That was about the Ben-Reilly Spider-Man costume as the favorite, not the movie suit looking good or not. Both costumes look really awesome

The suit or concern about bonus suits is the least of my wants for TASM. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. The swinging mechaincs, web rush, and combat, is most important.

The suit or concern about bonus suits is the least of my wants for TASM. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. The swinging mechaincs, web rush, and combat, is most important.

Exactly, bonus suits are self explanatory...BONUS. Everything else the game has to offer will do me just fine. His default suit is fine with me, I can understand why some people may not like the suit but IMO, I still recognize the character.

Exactly, bonus suits are self explanatory...BONUS. Everything else the game has to offer will do me just fine. His default suit is fine with me, I can understand why some people may not like the suit but IMO, I still recognize the character.

I dont think it has EVER been about not "recognizing" the character. Where the hell did that even come from? My problem with the ASM suit is its NOT the classic 616 suit that we have seen Spidey in for the majority of his run. There was NO need to give him a new suit. The 616 outfit works, it works on paper, it works on tv and it works on film. I can understand if they needed to change it to make it look right on film, i mean its why we dont see the x-men in their yellow spandex, it just doesnt translate to real life. Spidey does not have that problem. I mean i dont think the ASM suit looks bad or anything, its just not the 616 outfit and i dont think they needed to change his look. I love a lot of spideys alt outfits, Ben Reily being my favorite, but ill always, always prefer the original.

I dont think it has EVER been about not "recognizing" the character. Where the hell did that even come from? My problem with the ASM suit is its NOT the classic 616 suit that we have seen Spidey in for the majority of his run. There was NO need to give him a new suit. The 616 outfit works, it works on paper, it works on tv and it works on film. I can understand if they needed to change it to make it look right on film, i mean its why we dont see the x-men in their yellow spandex, it just doesnt translate to real life. Spidey does not have that problem. I mean i dont think the ASM suit looks bad or anything, its just not the 616 outfit and i dont think they needed to change his look. I love a lot of spideys alt outfits, Ben Reily being my favorite, but ill always, always prefer the original.

Would it ruin the experience for you if there were no alt costumes?

That's personal preference, I guess, but it's not really fair to fault them for doing their job and crafting a suit that fits the purposes of their story and is of their own personal preference of design. Why is it mandatory for them to stick to the original design to a T? Either way, I'm sure they'll include the original design for you to enjoy as an alternate costume.

I pegged you as more of a captain universe costume fan, tbh.:oldrazz:

What_If_Vol_2_31_page_05_Peter_Parker_(Earth-91110).jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member