The amazing thread of Uniforms and Logos - Part 2

just removed the third color as far as i can tell

Memphis Grizzlies have updated their uniforms and logos:
2018-19-New-Memphis-Grizzlies-Uniforms-NBA-768x693.jpg

Grizzlies-Shorts-New-2018-2019-NBA-Memphis-768x423.jpg

Memphis-Grizzlies-NBA-Unveil-New-Logos-2018-2019-768x696.png

The statement set is nice.

to this day I still have no idea why Memphis retained the Grizzlies nickname? It's right up there with "Utah Jazz" as the most ill-fitting city/team name combo.

also that FedEx logo sticks out like a sore thumb, at least have it be in team colors.

that's still one of my favorite unis. probably because the first rec ball team i played for was called the Magic

to this day I still have no idea why Memphis retained the Grizzlies nickname? It's right up there with "Utah Jazz" as the most ill-fitting city/team name combo.

I guess they kept it because there are bears in Tennessee, but yet it’s not in the grizzly range.

Dolphins and Jaguars don’t look any different to me.

Dolphins and Jaguars don’t look any different to me.

You don't think the above Jags helmet/uniform looks any different from this?

Dolphins update was more succinct, they basically brightened and thickened the orange in their uni's and got rid of the dark blue outlines.

DbKMEBDWAAEeysr.jpg

2017 is on the left

Fins made such a basic change but it made such a major improvement.

You don't think the above Jags helmet/uniform looks any different from this?

Dolphins update was more succinct, they basically brightened and thickened the orange in their uni's and got rid of the dark blue outlines.

DbKMEBDWAAEeysr.jpg

2017 is on the left
Jag helmets are different, but yes if you had not specifically pointed out the Dolphins change, I’d never have noticed.

Hopefully they don't screw this up. There current uni set is pretty nice as is. Probably be a mishmash of the current set with the NY Sack Exchange days.

Biggest problem with their current set is that there's no consistency in the the green they use between pieces of the uniform and sometimes even the green jerseys have parts that arent the same color green.

Air Force released their latest Air Power Legacy uniforms, this time honoring the AC-130 and the units that fly them:
DkfssU4VsAAGpFJ.jpg

DkfssU5UYAAMWzb.jpg

For Player's weekend, Brad Boxberger of the D'backs will be wearing a jersey with only emojis on the back.

DkLZ0XwXgAEdBM1.jpg

Oregon has released their new uniforms. On the positive, they brought the helmet wings back. On the negative side, the uniforms themselves are a bit too plain and the numbers seem way too big. Plus, they just had to bring back the volt on the blacks when the easiest choice would have been to put yellow on them instead.
DkryQ3ZUUAA2DMY.jpg

DkrxGOsVAAA3S5k.jpg

DkrzZJFVAAAoTkY.jpg

Dkr0iuBU8AEuzH8.jpg

Last edited:
Those Oregon uni's are fairly tame all things considered. I like the numbers and the helmets.

Another big issue with these is that the ability to mix-and-match is severely limited because of some bad color choices. The black elements like aren't able to be used with most of the other elements because of the use of volt instead of yellow. The greens can't really be used with anything else because none of the other sets really have green on them. The whites should really have yellow and green accents instead of green and black accents.

Last edited:
Oregon's just not even interesting to talk about anymore. Take a break for a bit, guys. Sit out a year on uniform changes.

Those numbers are absurdly large. :eek: Is their stadium announcer losing his eyesight?

The green set is definitely their best look, but might look better over the white or yellow pants, so they don't look like Gumby in a green unitard. Hell, even wear the yellow helmet with it as a throwback to this beautiful uni:

usp_ncaa_football__washington_at_oregon_68118002.jpg

I used to love Oregon's look before they became the University of Nike.

Notre Dame did..... something?

Dku9-AQXoAANe2D.jpg

DkviqdqX0AcFZ5V.jpg

DkvJ_8IXoAM9bUo.jpg

Another "Shamrock Series" game, this time at Yankee Stadium vs Syracuse on Nov 17th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"