Inhumans The Anson Mount is Black Bolt Thread

I'm wondering if they will alter Black bolt's powers to allow him to talk for the movie. Give him some kind of special Baine mask, or he talks in whispers, or even telepathically.

I'm not as invested in the character so I would welcome any constructive changes, however I would like to see the super hero equivalent of Silent Bob. He doesn't speak unless he absolutely has to. ;)

^
He can telepathically communicate with Medusa in the comics if I'm correct.

Unusual idea but how about Zachary Quinto?

I'm wondering if they will alter Black bolt's powers to allow him to talk for the movie. Give him some kind of special Baine mask, or he talks in whispers, or even telepathically.

I'm not as invested in the character so I would welcome any constructive changes, however I would like to see the super hero equivalent of Silent Bob. He doesn't speak unless he absolutely has to. ;)

Even his whispers are destructive (in the comics).

^
He can telepathically communicate with Medusa in the comics if I'm correct.

Unusual idea but how about Zachary Quinto?

I could get behind this. Quinto definitely has the talent and looks to pull it off.

Well it may be Orlando Bloom. Read he was interested in a Marvel role. I honestly don't know who to get for Black Bolt. I know Bloom is not right and neither is Quinto, but he's better then Bloom. Quinto fits Maximus more then Bolt but he's not right for him either.

Last edited:

God no. That's part of makes him interesting. The fact that he can't talk because his power is also his curse. I also think it would help build excitement for him when he finally is forced to speak.

Vin's latest Facebook post...

10848737_10153044404438313_8580845131336142974_o.jpg

Vin's latest Facebook post...

10848737_10153044404438313_8580845131336142974_o.jpg

Diesel is a mediocre actor at best. Id like someone who can display both emotion and authority without speaking because that's what BB does. A good actor can still deliver a strong performance even if he can't speak, V can't do this.

One of the best things about Vin Diesel is his gravelly voice... which wouldn't even be utilized as Black Bolt.

Really hope he doesn't get cast.

I like the idea of Diesel for Black Bolt.
Also BB has one of the coolest costumes ever.

Diesel is a good actor. He emotes a lot with his face, and that's what necessary for Black Bolt. He has the look for the part in spades.

To be honest, I've never been a fan of his voice. Sure, it's deep and imposing, but it also has a nasally quality that kind of makes it less impressive to me.

As Black Bolt, the few words he utters would be heavily processed in post-production, so they would sound nothing short of epic.

I just don't see why Diesel is a bad choice in any way.

I'd prefer that Diesel played Gorgon. Give him a wig and a beard and he'd be pitch-perfect casting for that role.

I think Vin Diesel is pitch (um, sonic iconography not intended) perfect for Black Bolt. Yes, he does have a few clunkers in his filmography, but that more or less goes towards conversational nuance. His presence, charisma and "visage", for lack of a better term, has always struck me as majestic.

I literally cannot think of a better performer to portray Black Bolt. The character needs to be big and bold and larger than life... way larger than life. Not something too many actors can do. Diesel does it effortlessly.

Diesel is a mediocre actor at best. Id like someone who can display both emotion and authority without speaking because that's what BB does. A good actor can still deliver a strong performance even if he can't speak, V can't do this.

I disagree 100%. That's exactly the sort of thing Vin can be good at.

I'd prefer that Diesel played Gorgon. Give him a wig and a beard and he'd be pitch-perfect casting for that role.

I think Gorgon is a little stockier than Diesel. To me, he looks right for Black Bolt. The debate usually is about his acting instead. I think he can pull it off, but opinions differ.

Yeah, I don't see Vin being a superb emotive or method actor which I think this equally nuanced role will require.

I like Diesel as an actor, which seems to be the unpopular opinion these days, but his voice is what truly brings his roles for me. I can see him being Black Bolt though, he seems invested in the character already.

Yeah, I don't see Vin being a superb emotive or method actor which I think this equally nuanced role will require.

As I've argued before, I'm not sure how nuanced the role needs to be. Yes, he can't speak, but Black Bolt has always just come off as solid and stoic with a bit of badass, which is something Vin Diesel can do just fine.

I'm sorry but just looking intense or stoic for most of a movie is really one note which I guess would fit Diesel. I'm looking for more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure he's going to have to convey emotions though which I see Diesel struggling to do without his voice.

But I don't recall Black Bolt ever being emotional. He's usually too reserved because he's got to show strength for his entire kingdom.

You're looking for a commanding presence - 1.9m+ & built, with a max age mid/late 30's (for a potential trilogy). I'd go with the existing chatter regarding Joe Manganiello.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"