Inhumans The Anson Mount is Black Bolt Thread

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by cherokeesam, Oct 29, 2014.

1. marcvader Lurker #1

Good point RT.

2. ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

You know what? They should totally give Vin Diesel the role. They already have him saying I Am Groot recorded in about every language and every possible emotion in that language. So they don't need him to voice groot anymore. Black Bolt Vin Diesel would also be awesome because I can just pictur him in the role thanks to the Riddick Series.

3. SuperSAINT Where's Chewy gone?

4. fixxxer ...goes to 11

I've said this for some time now, but whether most people here like it or not (personally, I like it) it looks like Vin Diesel will be Black Bolt.

5. Mike Murdock Registered

Certainly, if he isn't, he's doing a good job of convincing people he is. This has been going on way too long otherwise.

6. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

He had people thinking he was Vision, too. Hopefully him being Black Bolt turns out the same way.

7. marcvader Lurker #1

Same here. Like the guy but not for this role.

8. Mike Murdock Registered

He hasn't been going around saying Avengers and Vision every five minutes, though. He's been saying Inhumans for at least a year randomly, unprompted, completely without context. In this interview, he is saying Inhumans and Black Bolt (and literally pairing Black Bolt and Groot together in his random answers).

9. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I really like Diesal, but I am just not feeling him as Blackbolt and I don't think he has the acting chops to portray him. Vin's voice is one of his biggest assets and it would be good in scenes were BB uses it, but at the tmea he doesn't someone who can convey emotion and a feeling with just a look would be needed.

I think Patrick Wilson would be a very good BB.

10. marcvader Lurker #1

I agree. Watchmen was a great example of Wilson displaying his emotion without words in some scenes.

11. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Yep, exactly, he showed in that movie alone how much he can convey emotions just through facial expressions, he has shown it in other movies too, Hard Cabdy springs to mind, I think he would perfect for BB.

12. Ozz Registered

Never thought about Patrick Wilson but I like it. I'm pretty open minded for Black Bolt, I'm not against Vin Diesel, I also like Nikolaj Coster-Waldau or Jonathan Rhys-Meyers :cwink:

13. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

Go outta left field with Eddie Redmayne

14. bubbadoom Registered

Has anyone looked at Vin - he would look horrible in the Black Bolt costume - that weak chin, dopey expression, etc. - NOW Gorgon I could see...but NOT Black Bolt...

15. Mike Murdock Registered

I think he's got the head shape for it...

16. bubbadoom Registered

Could some one who is photoshop savvy do a quick mock up of Vin as BB so this discussion can be put to rest...?

17. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I think Patrick Wilson would do a better job, than Vin as BB, as someone else said I think Vin would be a better Gorgon.

18. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

PW doesn't have a working relationship with Marvel, nor was he in a film that was the fastest to a billion. I agree that he'd make a great BB but it seems Vin may have the part.

Another question is how many actors, GREAT actors, would play such a unique part? Some may take it as a challenge, the way they express through the body, communicating through the eyes, etc. Vin isn't a great actor, but he's great in certain roles (possibly this one). He has a big screen presence and an even bigger fan base.

#118 SoNicRaDiATioN, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  19. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Since when have Marvel picked actors for roles based on their box office success? Never is the answer, I love Vin myself, big fan of his but I just don't see him as BB, a mostly silent character especially when one of Vin's big assets as an actor is his voice. BB needs someone who can show their feeling in that moment with just a facial expression, Vin is not the man for that I am afraid.

20. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

Box office success or Vin's working relationship with Marvel certainly wouldn't hurt his chances, that's my point. Particularly for a character like BB. That could be the line of thinking at Marvel if he's cast. Or maybe they would just flat out disagree with your opinion on the matter and think he's perfect.

21. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

Pablo schreiber ftw

22. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

I also wouldn't want vin as black bolt. Black bolt might speak in medusa's head with telepathy. So we need a person who can use his expressions and speak as well. I don't think Vin is right for the part. Regardless of who is cast, I really can't wait to see Black Bolt speak, the theatre better rumble.

23. BarryAllen ey b0ss

Didn't he also say he was in talks to lead a new franchise for Marvel, but the timing didn't work out? I remember reading about that when they were doing GotG.

24. bubbadoom Registered

Vin would make a good Gorgon...

25. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I just can't wait to see how they do Black bolts powers, I want to see him shattering a mountain or something in the movie to show just how powerful he is.