Inhumans The Anson Mount is Black Bolt Thread

His silence automatically makes him different from all of the chatty, joke-a-minute Marvel leads (which is pretty much everyone else)

You must be watching a different universe... How many joke-a-minute heroes are there in the MCU? Stark, Quill, Lang. That's it... Don't exagerrate, it makes you lose your point.

Thor is full of jokes as well. Is it maybe a different type of humor? Sure...but the god of thunder is full of comedy. Captain America is a light-hearted, often funny character as well. It's not the same exact jokes...but it's close enough.

Dr Strange may not be as full of jokes (and the ones that are in the film are terrible)...but Dr Strange himself seems so similar to stuff I've already seen that it felt like I was watching a movie I had already seen.

Thor isn't a joker. The humor comes from his fish out of the water mentality and it's utilized by his surrounding characters just like the comics. Cap isn't a "joke-a-minute" character, not even close.

When you use the phrase "joke-a-minute Marvel leads (which is pretty much everyone else)" someone who is an outside expects that most of the MCU heroes/heroines will throw jokes like machine guns. You can't backtrack and downgrade it to "cap is light-hearted" because it negates the expression you used. Also Cap couldn't be more different than lighthearted. And Dr Strange used jokes but nowhere near close to be regarded as "quippy". Like every other human in the world he occassionally used humor.

By all means list me the "pretty much everyone else" in the MCU who are jokesters. I'm waiting...

Joke a minute heroes isn't the correct term but more like joke a minute cinematic universe.

He was being hyperbolic obviously. Stark, Quill, and Lang are the only heroes I would consider comedic in any way. Hawkeyes and Widow could be quippy as well sometimes but they're usually limited to doing that during action sequences.

Hollywood doesn't like making mute characters into the leads. There's no guarantee Black Bolt will remain mostly mute.

I think there are many way's to hear Blockbolts voice without losing the uniqueness of his character.

Even if the audience hears his thoughts, he's still essentially a mute, and would have to deal with that struggle among his costars whilst still connecting to the audience.

I don't want to constantly hear his voice. In fact I would love it if he went multiple episodes without us hearing him because it would increase the impact when we do finally hear his voice.

I also would suggest have him do some brief narration. It would not take anything away from the character if we heard his voice in the right capacity.

The audience traditionally doesn't connect with mute characters. It's difficult to care. Black Bolt should speak occassionally, enough for the audience to get a sense of him. Looking badass and regal isn't enough. Some things that happen in comics don't work in live action.

He was being hyperbolic obviously. Stark, Quill, and Lang are the only heroes I would consider comedic in any way. Hawkeyes and Widow could be quippy as well sometimes but they're usually limited to doing that during action sequences.

If Black Widow and Hawkeye count as "comedic", then so does James Bond. And I mean modern Bond, not Moore.

Hawkeye and Black Widow are not lead characters.

I'd stretch and say that Starlord is the "star" of Guardians...but he fits the jokey mold.

But...sure...if you want to quibble over words...Thor and Cap may not be joke a minute leads (though they certainly do have comedic moments)...but there sure does seem to be a lot of comedy around them. I've mostly forgotten the Thor movies aside from the fact that i was put off by the comedy.

For me, it makes it all feel too similar. It's similar enough to where I am beginning to feel as if I even should bother watching their movies in theaters because I already know what I'm going to get. Marvel has had a few opportunities to really explore new ground, but Ant-Man and Dr Strange both felt like movies I'd already seen before with new CGI added.

I think there are many way's to hear Blockbolts voice without losing the uniqueness of his character.

Even if the audience hears his thoughts, he's still essentially a mute, and would have to deal with that struggle among his costars whilst still connecting to the audience.

I don't want to constantly hear his voice. In fact I would love it if he went multiple episodes without us hearing him because it would increase the impact when we do finally hear his voice.

I also would suggest have him do some brief narration. It would not take anything away from the character if we heard his voice in the right capacity.

How often do movies and TV shows present characters with gimmicks like that long-term? For a lead character who is the center of the story.

How often do movies and TV shows present characters with gimmicks like that long-term? For a lead character who is the center of the story.

Well that's the next question. Will Blackbolt even be a lead? There talking about Maximus being lead, so Blackbolt may just be a looming co-star in the background.

You could get away with making mute if that's the case. And who knows, it might work just as well.

Well that's the next question. Will Blackbolt even be a lead? There talking about Maximus being lead, so Blackbolt may just be a looming co-star in the background.

You could get away with making mute if that's the case. And who knows, it might work just as well.

Yes. All the official materials indicate that Black Bolt is the center of the story.

Maximus is the bad guy. Yeah he's a lead character, but not the hero. He's the villain for crying out loud. There's no talk about Maximus being the actual lead.

Black Bolt's not a looming co-star.

This is straight from Marvel last November:

https://news.marvel.com/tv/54407/marvels-inhumans-coming-imax-abc-2017/

“Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

Case in point, they name Black Bolt first and single him out from the rest of the royal family.

You can have several leads.

I would love it if each episode gets to focus on one member of the Royal family.

Same way Kingpin had his isolated episode in Daredevil, Karnak can have an ep, Gorgan, Blackbolt etc.

Wait, he was on LOST too. Is he the rumored Lost actor?

He was a very minor character who only appeared in one episode. It seem like they were talking about someone with a bigger role on Lost.

The guy is good in Hell on Wheels. Definitely does have the heroic look down.

Im definitely digging these two casting decisions they've made.

He was a very minor character who only appeared in one episode. It seem like they were talking about someone with a bigger role on Lost.

Yea thats what i thought. But it woulda been a great way to keep people guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"