Inhumans The Anson Mount is Black Bolt Thread

That's what I said all along. People equated his deep voice with having the voice to do Bolt where, hello, he'll rarely use it and when he does it will have to be modulated to the max to make it sound like it would destroy structures anyway.

Exactly, he may have only had about 5 lines in the movie

Agreed. Blackbolt is the role that demands a high quality actor because so much of the performance is emoting without dialogue. You need an actor that can tell you what they are thinking or feeling with a look or just body language.

Vin Diesel is almost 50. I think Marvel might want slightly younger actors for the royal family.

Marvel might go in the direction of the current royal generation coming to power and challenging the established order of Inhuman society for the first season like they did in the comics.

Agree with all of this. Blackbolt is probably the most important role to cast.

Jim from The Office aka John Krasinski then

That's one good thing about this now being a tv show...Diesel is out of the running (not that he was necessarily ever officially in the running). Can't see him committing to a tv schedule.

I hope the budget is there to do these characters justice but since Diesel was all wrong for the role of Black Bolt I agree with you 100%...

A good Black Bolt would be Geno Segers from Banshee and Teen Wolf. This guy has, by far, the most physical charisma and presence on TV, and has great facial expressions.

chayton14mk8g.gif
tumblr_nhzn5snSuj1qddpzeo2_250.gif

chayton2kgsha.gif
chayton7o5sjt.gif

9040f5e9e83181e82b9483dcf4433981.jpg
19-snap.gif

There's also the fact that he's a fantastic actor!

Justin Theroux might make a good Black bolt. Theroux co-wrote Iron Man 2 and his Tv show The Leftovers filmed it's final season.

I wanted Tom Hardy but now that it is on television my choice would be Matt Bomer

How about Travis Fimmel? His role as Lothbrok proves he can bring the intense and emotional punches required for the Silent King.

Last edited:
I think Christian Bale would be fine. He's got the arrogance/self rightousness thing going.. and the hair

Well, you certainly wouldn't have to worry about Bat Voice. ;)

James Norton would make a good Blackbolt. Norton looks like he could be Rheon's older brother.

What do you guys think of Blackbolt having some kind of inner monologue like Dexter? It would be a shame if they cast a great actor and we never get to hear his voice.

Use it sparingly. Have him do it a few times every few episodes.

Along with a possible telepathic link with his wife.

Has Same Witwers name been thrown into the mix yet? If not...
being-human-sam-witwer-21.jpg

Along with a possible telepathic link with his wife.

Indeed. I always thought that was a possibility, but it's rarely seen in the comics.
Didn't want to upset any purist's by suggesting it.

Blackbolt could be a good mix of telepathic communication, internal banter, emotive reactions and sign language.

I just not sure how well a completely mute character would work. Let him have his Silent Bob, surprise"chatty" moments every couple of episodes.

Oh man Witwer is an interesting choice for this caliber of show. The guy also brings his own fandom. What has he been up to besides the Star Wars voice work?

I can totally get behind Witwer as Black Bolt. he is younger than i would choose but that's never a problem with me. Actors tend to get older :)

He is 39 but looks early 30's. How much older did you want BB to be? Iwan Rheon is 31 by the way.

What do you guys think of Blackbolt having some kind of inner monologue like Dexter? It would be a shame if they cast a great actor and we never get to hear his voice.

Use it sparingly. Have him do it a few times every few episodes.

I wouldn't. Black Bolt is better when his motivations are completely opaque because he can't say what he's thinking.

Has Same Witwers name been thrown into the mix yet? If not...

He's a great voice actor. Seems like a bit wasted on Black Bolt ;)

There is no way Bolt will remain silent thorughout the show. They are ways to overpass it. Telepathic devices or confined spaces like they used in the comics to communicate with the Illuminati. And to be honest i would prefer it that way. I'm not saying he has to suddenly become Spider-man but i can't connect with someone who only speaks when he has to obliterate stuff.

I'll be disappointed if Black Bolt's "voice" is heard throughout the show. His silence automatically makes him different from all of the chatty, joke-a-minute Marvel leads (which is pretty much everyone else). Also it immediately elevates Medusa's importance to the show and the audience if she is speaking for him.

I totally wouldn't mind if his telepathic communication with Medusa were minimal and possibly in hush tones similar to Paul Atreides in Dune. It would still be impactful when he did finally speak in his true voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"