The Anti-Prequel Discussion Thread

He goes from 'oh my god, what have I done' to 'yes master I will do anything you say to protect Padme' to 'agree all the Jedi must die' to 'everyone is against me, including my wife and best friend'. There just doesn't seem to be any explanation other than he has completely in a second just flipped on a dime about everything he believes in and thinks!

At that point, when Anakin watches PalpSidious electrify Mace right out of the window, he realizes that he screwed himself. Anakin knew he could never go back to the Jedi temple without them sensing his betrayal so he attacks the Jedi out of fear of their retaliation. Anakin's original plan for turning to the dark side was to learn the secret of how to save Padme but as time went on, the dark side corrupted his mind to the point where he's more concerned about being the most powerful being in the galaxy. When Anakin sees Obi-wan standing inside Padme's ship, he knew that Obi-wan has come to kill him for what he did to the jedi but the worst part is Anakin allowed the dark side to warp his mind into believing that Padme brought Obi-wan to kill him. Anakin didn't bother to read Padme's thoughts to see she had no idea that Obi-wan was onboard her ship so he chokes her instead and proceeds to fight Obi-wan.

Anakin's turn to the dark side didn't come out of nowhere because it has been progressing since the day he left his mother on Tatooine and lost Qui-Gon Jinn at the same time. He had attachment issues since then and the Jedi did nothing to help him deal with these issues. It also didn't help that Anakin had PalpSidious screwing with his mind for years with false praises and fake criticism against the Jedi but what really put Anakin on the dark path is watching his mother die in his arms and having Ahsoka abandon him. His dreams of Padme dying in childbirth were the final nail in the coffin because Anakin will do whatever it takes to save her even if it meant joining forces with a Sith lord.

Who ever post this topic is on drugs, are you going to a attack people who like the Star Wars Prequel. There are some who like those movies but are you going to bash those who like them. There are some kids who grew up on those movies anyway. Bunch of crybaby who wine too much.

Ever since the Prequels STAR WARS has turned itself into a cancer.
It was once a Trilogy that brought people together.

Lucas abolishing his exwife who edited A New Hope into a great film and then Lucas firing his producer who helped make A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back into Amazing Classics lead Jedi and the Prequels decline in quality and conjur such toxicity amongst fans and the general public.

I really believe its Lucas who became so greedy and his control over something he had a lot of help creating in the past has lead STAR WARS to where it is today a nasty franchise with so much hate within it.

STAR WARS fell to the Darkside.

The biggest problem to me, besides midichlorians, will always be the Jedi using the Clone Trooper army. An army with Jango Fett as the template. Jango being the same assassin who went after Padme who they also found working for Count Dooku.

But this is an army they had no idea existed. It was an army Mace Windu, the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, claims had no approval to be made. And was apparently secretly ordered by Sifo Dyas before he died and they had no idea that happened. It smells bad, and they knew it smelled bad, and they still used it anyway. Not to mention, Padme was specifically in Coruscant to vote against the creation of a Republic military force.

All the political stuff is dumb as hell, those scenes wouldn't be so boring if there was a really intriguing story there, but no.

I guess maybe from their perspective, Vile, it's the better of the alternatives? The army already exists in the, what, tens of thousands, millions, whatever. They're not going to order sentient life be destroyed en-masse, even if said life are artificial clones.

The Republic has to be kept together (from the Jedi perspective), the Separatists are already on the move and probably pretty able to make inroads with actually taking over. The Jedi can't stop them.

*Shrugs* It does come off as a crappy move on their part, but I guess that was sort of the point too. The whole politicization of the Jedi over millennia (which was never the original point of the order), they'd got all dogmatic and insular and their vision was clouded to all the looming darkside stuff.

It's not great writing on George's part regarding the army, but at the same time you'd kind of figure the Jedi were attempting to "steer" things in the less-horrible of directions. The army's there, it exists, they've paid the Kaminoans what they're owed. Dooku's out there starting some major **** for some shadowy unknown master, he has a few billion droids at his disposal and is looking to fracture the millennia-old government. I can kinda see why the Jedi would want to counter that, the army's about their only plausible shot of doing that.

It's definitely shady though. But that was probably what George was getting at in the first place.

I guess maybe from their perspective, Vile, it's the better of the alternatives? The army already exists in the, what, tens of thousands, millions, whatever. They're not going to order sentient life be destroyed en-masse, even if said life are artificial clones.

The Republic has to be kept together (from the Jedi perspective), the Separatists are already on the move and probably pretty able to make inroads with actually taking over. The Jedi can't stop them.

*Shrugs* It does come off as a crappy move on their part, but I guess that was sort of the point too. The whole politicization of the Jedi over millennia (which was never the original point of the order), they'd got all dogmatic and insular and their vision was clouded to all the looming darkside stuff.

It's a strange point to make to show just beyond stupid the Jedi are. But also during the Clone Wars, they just go ahead with it. And even when Yoda investigates everything, it's all staring him right in the face, and just shrugs and is like "oh well, Palpatine is shifty and stuff."

It's not great writing on George's part regarding the army, but at the same time you'd kind of figure the Jedi were attempting to "steer" things in the less-horrible of directions. The army's there, it exists, they've paid the Kaminoans what they're owed. Dooku's out there starting some major **** for some shadowy unknown master, he has a few billion droids at his disposal and is looking to fracture the millennia-old government. I can kinda see why the Jedi would want to counter that, the army's about their only plausible shot of doing that.

It's definitely shady though. But that was probably what George was getting at in the first place.

But they haven't paid the Kaminoans! Once again, the freaking Grand Master of the Order, the freaking buck stops here leader has no idea about this army and said this army is illegal and had no approval.

IMHO there's an easy fix here. Don't make the army unknown. Make it so the army is being produced as a potential deterrent to an all-out war or to fight a potential war with the Trade Federation. Make it's purpose a secret and who is really behind it a secret, but the Jedi can't know until it's too late.

Having the Jedi know that Jango is the template and then finding Jango in service of their enemies just makes them look mind-boggingly stupid.

The army was created by Sidious. Only dumb retcons were like, "Oh yeah, Sifo Dyas did exist and commissioned the army."

But even if he did, them continuing to use it and not really questioning it, still stupid. The red flags are all there. It makes Yoda and Mace Windu look dumber than gold fish.

Also is anyone else ignoring how SIFO-DYAS sounds like SIDIOUS. The name was written in the script as Sido-Dyas! As in DARTH SIDIOUS. That was in Lucas' original draft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"