The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alien is probably the most perfectly executed sci-fi movie of the past 50 years in the same vein Raiders is for the action/adventure genre and Forrest Gump is for dramas.

IMO Forrest Gump is very overrated. The perfect drama and indeed IMO the best movie ever is The Shawshank Redemption.

It really is. It's one of those movies where I wish i could travel back in time and experience it in the cinema when it first came out. Just imagine the crowd reaction at the chest burster scene when no one knew anything about it prior to watching it. Would have been such a great thing to be a part of. I think that is one big negative about the internet age. You never really go into a movie completely blind these days. Back then there was no spoilers, no leaks, not even trailers unless you saw them at the cinema whilst watching another film. Takes away some of the magic.

I see people say it's boring and it just baffles me. It's like they don't appreciate characterisation or suspense.

Yes it would have been great! A true classic moment in the history of cinema.

I was too young at the time. I actually read the Mad magazine satire before I saw the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"