The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ebay seller has an interesting mini-poster. Not sure if it's legit. If it is, there seems to be an alien face creeping out from behind Loki.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Movie-...aultDomain_0&hash=item2c62f0eaf0#ht_500wt_873

Isn't this a picture of Loki holding the Casket of Ancient Winters from Thor, with a badly-rendered globe superimposed over it?

$(KGrHqNHJB8E63(O6e-1BO0g5URQ3Q~~60_3.JPG

I don't suppose anyone knows where that poster originated? It burns my ass when people try to sell crap like that.

It's fan made

Gotcha. Thought I had stumbled upon something cool. Shoulda know when only one seller had it.

Regarding the boardgame, who knows how far in advance the game pieces were made. Skrulls could have been the villains at one point. Actually making boardgame pieces and toys takes more leadtime than digitally changing the skins put on mo-cap. Since the aliens' identity isn't very important (according to Fiege), I suppose they could just change their looks without derailing the plot.

The DC/Fawcett Captain Marvel's name doesn't even make sense. He's not a captain of anything. At least Marvel's CM has a military rank. I find the story of an alien sent to infiltrate and spy on Earthlings turning against his own people to protect said Earthlings as a much more compelling story than a kid/guy getting powers from a wizard in a cave.

i thought they don't have the rights for skrulls? just super skrulls...like the one in the unfinished game which seem to be a older and vague theorie.....they invented an alien race from of the 9 realms...that appear in the comics but are improved for the movie itself...so maybe they dont match the looks we know or find on the pages...but are redesigned just for the film?

B-but....but....Skrulls don't have three toes....:(

j/k

Yeah, the game pieces are definitely Skrulls. Anybody who thinks otherwise is absolutely delusional, because the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing can spot a Skrull from a mile away.

Dunno if that will indicate a monolithic army, or if Loki will have multiple races represented.....I still hold to that, but with this board game and the canceled video game (which featured a Skrull invasion of Earth, for those who might've forgotten) piles on more evidence that Feige and Joss have just been playing coy (or outright lying, depending on your view) about Skrullies being the bad guys.

And I still keep going back to that unconfirmed (but credible) report of Jeffrey Wright being spotted on the Cleveland set and telling people that he was shooting scenes for the Avengers....I've always believed that he's a spitting image of Thanos:

Jeffrey_Wright_cropped_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

....but now I wonder if Wright might not have been just providing mo-cap and facial capture for Skrulls in general. Dude definitely has a Skrullish/Thanosish face.

That doesn't mean the game pieces are indicative of what's in the movie.

Just saying the movie toy lines always have all sorts of stuff that is never in the actual film. Same with the video games.

That guy as Thanos? I really don't see it. Then again, I doubt there's anyone who really looks like Thanos, at least not without major prosthetic work or CGI. If Thanos ever makes an appearance, the casting will likely rely on the actors voice and eyes more than anything else.

Just saying the movie toy lines always have all sorts of stuff that is never in the actual film. Same with the video games.

True. How many different outfits does Batman wear in the toylines that're released with the movies? And he pretty much never wears 90% of the stuff he has in the toylines.

The Dark Elves are skilled archers .
They would make good foes for Hawkeye.
Just saying.

Oh, I know that full well, and I've seen plenty of characters in the tie-in toys and games that have nothing to do with their actual movies; but a generic-looking dollar-store basic boardgame for the younger kiddies, like this one, tend to keep it as simple as possible so as not to confuse the young'uns with bad guys that aren't in the movie. Same with the THQ Avengers video game that got scrapped.

Instead, it's usually the action figure lines that add all the comic-book "bonus" characters that never appeared in the movie. That and unlockable costumes/characters in the VG tie-ins.

I think since it's an official movie game, based on a specific scene in the movie, that the Skrulls might indeed be in the film.

So what do you guys want to see in Trailer 2 ? ME I want to see that group shot fully circle around & stop at The Hulk & then he says his obvious one liner

Just a tough pill for me to swallow now. With all the secrecy in the production over this for it to get out this way as a throwaway Toy Fair item, it just seems like this would be the thing Marvel would keep guarded at this point. I remember in 1998, Fox wouldn't let the alien figures for the X-Files movie get shown. That's how secretive they were.

Like I'd imagine they wouldn't even let game board pieces which would reveal this to be shown at Toy Fair.

So what do you guys want to see in Trailer 2 ? ME I want to see that group shot fully circle around & stop at The Hulk & then he says his obvious one liner

Yup: "I LIKE CORN DOGS!" :hulk:

This would be awesome.

Well I heard the secret screening Disney had was something like 2 &1/2 hrs long.

I don't mind. I have a tendency to liking long movies. It's probably why LOTR is on the top of my list.

more thor and hulk...
also i would really like a scene of thor and ironman flying together and battling...

All this talk of screenings yet no reviews or even positive reactions. The film is still being edited, why would they screen it?

Big Thor , is that scene in your Avatar from the new GR film?
I havent been following it much.
If so, It looks kind of cool.

Why yes it is, it's from one of the new GR:SOV TV spots.

All this talk of screenings yet no reviews or even positive reactions. The film is still being edited, why would they screen it?
Why wouldn't they screen it?

It was probably a crew screening, and they invited some of the Marvel guys

Why would any of those guys risk their job, reputation, and a lawsuit to tweet about it?

Aren't you the guy who posted all of the "BLURRY THANOS PICS!"? Aren't you trying to portray yourself as someone in the know? Do you not know that essentially all films have screenings like this? It wasn't for critics or fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"