The bad start of summer 2010

I feel the same. I might throw in The Expendables, even though I don't have expectations for it, it will just be a treat to see all of those guys in one movie.

I don't even think I know the plot of the movie yet I'm helly hyped, for the very reason of the casting alone

and here comes Eclipse....its looking at the largest domestic opening ever...4,460 screens and midnight showings across the US and Europe are reporting sell outs

and here comes Eclipse....its looking at the largest domestic opening ever...4,460 screens and midnight showings across the US and Europe are reporting sell outs

If you mean 6 day opening & openind day yes. But the weekend numbers will be low ( compared to other frid - sun releases) because the movie opens on wednesday.
No doubt that the movie will be incredibly frontloaded and i do honestly think that it'll follow the trend of the previous movies ( open big and fall hard in the following weekends).
What i'm curious to see is how it'll compete with TLA and as a summer release .

Also lol at Drew McWeeny's review of Eclipse
There will be a lot of people seeing these movies this weekend, and nothing I say will change that. But I dare you, as you sit there watching, to really think about what you're looking at. Don't just let this garbage slide across your corneas. Don't just let the parade of pretty faces go by.

Please... if you've found your way here, and if you're reading these words... then I have faith in you. You're better than "The Twilight Saga." We all are.

:lmao:

Last edited:
I meant in terms of screens, largest number of screens nationwide

money wise it will do fine, regardless of the big drop off...it will make all it needs to by Sunday night...the overall word on TLA is meh, so we'll see how that plays

I meant in terms of screens, largest number of screens nationwide

money wise it will do fine, regardless of the big drop off...it will make all it needs to by Sunday night...
the overall word on TLA is meh, so we'll see how that plays

Even with salary increases , i doubt the budget of Eclipse is higher then 80 million.
Hell Summit could keep the movie till monday and release it on dvd and they'd still make back their budget with a profit.
TLA may be meh but if kids dragged their parents to see ROTF despit negrobots and decepticon testicles , then i think TLA will do fine.

Initial reports have Twilight: Eclipse at $65 million for the Wednesday night open

Eclipse's 5-day opening will be $200 million. This franchise is very front-loaded. The first two days will be big, expect $30-40 million for Thursday, but it'll slow down afterwards. Since The Last Airbender is getting horrible reviews and word-of-mouth, I think Toy Story 3 will be #2 this weekend and pass the $300 million domestic mark.

considering its budget probably doesn't exceed $90 mil (wiki has it listed at $68), its already made two thirds of that back last night

I don't think Summit cares that its mega front loaded because its going to double, maybe even triple its budget this weekend

This isnt about summer persay but 2010 in film in general

I have noticed that alot of the films I was really pumped for like:
Iron Man 2
Robin Hood
The Last Airbender
Clash of the Titans
Percy Jackson
The Wolfman
Green Zone
NOES

Were really poorly received, by me and others

But films that I thought were going to be Razzie worthy turned out to be great/good like
How to Train Your Dragon
The Crazies
Date Night
Hot Tub Time Machine

Its really weird

This isnt about summer persay but 2010 in film in general

I have noticed that alot of the films I was really pumped for like:
Iron Man 2
Robin Hood
The Last Airbender
Clash of the Titans
Percy Jackson
The Wolfman
Green Zone
NOES

Were really poorly received, by me and others

But films that I thought were going to be Razzie worthy turned out to be great/good like
How to Train Your Dragon
The Crazies
Date Night
Hot Tub Time Machine

Its really weird

Here are all the movie's i've seen in the cinema so far this year ( from jan till now). Bold are the movies i was really looking forward too ( with high expectations). And before anyone starts making ******ed comments like "sherlock holmes opened in december" , i live in holland and some movies open later ( or earlier) here.
26 Toy Story 3 8/10
25 A-Team 7.5/10
24 Centurion 5.5/10
23 The Ghost Writer 8/10
22 Prince Of Persia 6/10
21 Robin Hood 5/10
20 Iron Man 2 6.5/10

19 The Crazies 7.5/10
18 I LOve You Philip Morris 7/10
17 The Road 6.5/10
16 Harry Brown 7/10 [/b]
15 Kick-Ass 6.5/10
14 Clash Of The Titans 5/10
13 How To Train Your Dragon 7/10
12 From Paris With Love 6.5/10
11 Alice In WOnderland 6/10

10The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans 7/10
09 book of eli 6/10
08 shutter island 7.5/10
07 The Wolfman 5/10
06 The Box 9.5/10
05 Edge Of Darkness 6.5/10
04 Triangle 5/10
03 Men Who Stare At Goats 7.5/10
02 Up In The Air 6.5/10
01 Sherlock Holmes 8/10

considering its budget probably doesn't exceed $90 mil (wiki has it listed at $68), its already made two thirds of that back last night

I don't think Summit cares that its mega front loaded because its going to double, maybe even triple its budget this weekend

I think Summit is really proud of the fact that they're making a series that is so loathed by critics yet constantly is bringing in the $$$.

As for TLA. I'm very curious to see how kids will react to it. It's getting horrible reviews at RT but if kids love something , they will drag their parents to see it. CS's reviewer hated the movie but did say that his kids loved it. So who knows.

get the kids and/or women on your side and you will have the $$$

and why shouldn't they be?? they did the first one on a random chance that it might make some money and look what happened?? they have, what could easily be considered the most profitable franchise, in recent memory

the first film was budgeted at less than 40 million and look what that made...not to mention that these films do just as well, if not better, when they hit DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"