The Dark Knight The Batcave: The Official Thread

The-Dark-Knight

Superhero
Reaction score
From Batman 1989 to Batman & Robin the batcave changed every film, as we hear at the end of Batman Begins Bruce is going to do some work on the cave, but what would you like to see, giant dinosaurs and such or minimalistic like begins, lets see your ideas and designs for how the Batcave should evolve for The Dark Knight.

Personally i'd like to see some sort of 'home' for the Batmobile, a place for all the weapons, computer screens monitering not just Wayne Manor but different parts of Gotham and of course some sort of crime lab, still realistic, but realistic and fuctioning, not just an empty cave like we saw in Batman Begins (yes i get that he was just getting started)

I think I'd like to see it kind of low-key still, and to have that DIY look.

Well, THE DARK KNIGHT is obviously following from BEGINS, and should keep the practical, minimalistic approach. Perhaps some metal walkways, a bit more tech (perhaps during the course of the film, they'll install a computer system wired into police databases or something like that).

DIY for a billionaire is not the same thing as DIY for a average income person.

Obviously, but he's not gonna have the Trading Spaces crew come in and fix the place up for him....It should still look like things that only he and Alfred can move themselves...Possibly Lucius Fox too.

Put a couple of big workbenches down there, a laptop, desktop computer, 42" LCD television, police scanner, etc...

It's supposed to be his headquarters; it should look the part. Not over-the-top, but it should be comprehensive; it needs a gym, a forensics area, a computer bay, things like that. It shouldn't look like a barren cave with a computer sitting on a desk.

It's supposed to be his headquarters; it should look the part. Not over-the-top, but it should be comprehensive; it needs a gym, a forensics area, a computer bay, things like that. It shouldn't look like a barren cave with a computer sitting on a desk.
Well, agreed, as far as the finished Batcave is concerned (though it should always look like Bruce and Alfred could have assembled it themselves). However, I think we're going to see an in-construction cave in THE DARK KNIGHT, and hopefully will see different aspects evolve as the film continues into the third entry.

Obviously, but he's not gonna have the Trading Spaces crew come in and fix the place up for him....It should still look like things that only he and Alfred can move themselves...Possibly Lucius Fox too.

I think I read somewhere in the comics that bruce hired some out of country workers to build the cave for him. They had no idea what they were building but he compensated them with a good pay

A computer would be very nice, hopefully it will stay low key which I believe is a safe bet

I think some things should be added, but it shouldn't be over-the-top. I say put in a computer, a mini-lab and a gym of some kind.

would it be too much to ask for a talkingsuper computer, Bat-pole entrances, and maybe, just maybe a LITTLE shark-repellant bat-spray? Come on Nolan, get it RIGHT!

I want what I posted in the last batcave thread and the batcave thread before that.

i hope that nolan will not give us a big computer.
have like 3 or 2 normal computers with the new technology.

He needs a four-post bed for all the ladies he brings back to the cave.

a huge plasma screen a large computer built into the side of the cave.. i would also like to see subtle changes..a place where he can work on gadgets.. forensics area.

i'd actually like to see some explanation how they keep all the bat guano away from alll the cool hardware.

^ Giant nets. You have to feel sorry for Alfred though.

i think you guys forget Bruce kinda already had a forensics ans workshop centre. so yeah. he layed Rachel on the table and made his gadgets on that workbench. i want to see like 3 20" moniters that kinda wrap around and maybe a radio with a police signal. (its not to get a police signal trust me). but other than that nothing else. i want a very basic bat-cave. its not Bruce lives there for godsake. so why have all the cool stuff downstairs and not upstairs.

i think you guys forget Bruce kinda already had a forensics ans workshop centre. so yeah. he layed Rachel on the table and made his gadgets on that workbench. i want to see like 3 20" moniters that kinda wrap around and maybe a radio with a police signal. (its not to get a police signal trust me). but other than that nothing else. i want a very basic bat-cave. its not Bruce lives there for godsake. so why have all the cool stuff downstairs and not upstairs.

erm... actually Bruce does live down there..

the batman persona kind of takes over his life an obsession...he spends more time in there being batman than he does being Bruce Wayne.

dont be funny. you guys know what i meant. he dosent need a bed and statues and stuff like that. x)

i'd actually like to see some explanation how they keep all the bat guano away from alll the cool hardware.

i had an idea that bruce throws a sort of dog whistle device into an area of the cave and all the bats stay there.

Remember in begins when he was at Arkham and that sonar device he took out? The bats must have heard that for miles from the cave and flew all the way to Arkham. Then we he threw the device down the stairs they all followed it.

So everyone once in awhile bruce probably throws or replaces the dog whistle device to keep the bats where they are

i had an idea that bruce throws a sort of dog whistle device into an area of the cave and all the bats stay there.

Remember in begins when he was at Arkham and that sonar device he took out? The bats must have heard that for miles from the cave and flew all the way to Arkham. Then we he threw the device down the stairs they all followed it.

So everyone once in awhile bruce probably throws or replaces the dog whistle device to keep the bats where they are

hmm, yeah good idea.

but what about the stink? even if its a big cave it will still reach Bruce's work area at one point. also what about the moisture coming from that waterfall? moisture in computers is worse than dirt and dust.

it would be nice to see some kind of believable ventilation system in the cave. i'd like to know where Bruce draws in good air and where he blows them out.

I'd love to see a completely modernized batcave in this one. Show us some labs, maybe some of the training areas, his island computer and hologram projector etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"