The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To The Joker, Senator Pleasury, Two-Face, and anybody else who may be interested, I thought that I would let you know that I will be posting the 3 unused Two-Face scripts as part of next week's entry in my 1966 Batman project.

Bring them on.

You can contact here the writer of BAT BAD GIRLS for discount price:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BAT-BAD-GIRLS/142660172599596

1001358_142662085932738_335583800_n.jpg

Has anyone been reading the new comic book based on the show? I picked up the second issue yesterday and it was a ton of fun. The artist on this issue was Ty Templeton who used to draw the comic book series based off BTAS back in the day.

His Penguin was the spitting image of Burgess Meredith:

661_zpsec59374e.jpg

23hxh8x.jpg

And Mr. Freeze was styled after Otto Preminger's

664_zps1673c6c1.jpg

batman-villain-preminger-sized.jpg

There was lots of other classic 60's show tropes in there, including the Batboat and Penguin's sub from the spin off movie:

662_zps29914acd.jpg

663_zps1de9d012.jpg

started my '66 Movie Masters collection in earnest..it's been an expensive august!

...I have no clue why the modeled Freeze after Otto's version. Then again, no version of Freeze on the show was automatically more iconic than the other....

started my '66 Movie Masters collection in earnest..it's been an expensive august!

AWESOME :up:

They even did the pink cowl Batman from that Mad Hatter episode lol. I see they did Eli Wallach's Mr. Freeze. I thought they would have done Preminger's.

The Batusi bar diorama is just brilliant.

...I have no clue why the modeled Freeze after Otto's version. Then again, no version of Freeze on the show was automatically more iconic than the other....

He's the most visually striking of the three. Bald head and the orange eyebrows.

Last edited:
Has anyone been reading the new comic book based on the show?

I have. Been reading it digitally since it started in that format and I'm now buying the print version when it hits the comic store shelves. I'm absolutely loving it. It really could've easily been a disingenuous cash grab but you can tell a lot of love and care is put in both the writing and the art. The amount of attention put to even the most nuanced details is amazing.

HOLY CONTAMINATED COWL BATMAN!!! :wow:

I have to buy that figure ASAP. Nice collection :up:

sorry to break it to you guys,but the Radioactive Cowl Batman and Mr. Freeze are both customs I've made...

Damn I knew it was too good to be true :(

DC will be reprinting the stories that were used as the basis for episodes of this show.

BATMAN ‘66: THE TV STORIES TP
Written by BILL FINGER, GARDNER FOX,
JOHN BROOME and others
Art by BOB KANE, DICK SPRANG, SHELDON
MOLDOFF, CARMINE INFANTINO and others
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
On sale JANUARY 8 • 160 pg, FC, $14.99 US
For the first time, DC Comics collects Batman stories originally published between 1948 and 1966 that were adapted into specific episodes of the classic Batman TV series! Starring The Joker, The Penguin, The Riddler and Mr. Freeze (here called “Mr. Zero”), and featuring the debut of Batgirl, these stories have never been collected together before. Collected from BATMAN #53, 73, 121, 140, 169 and 171, and DETECTIVE COMICS #230, 346 and 359.

http://www.newsarama.com/18876-dc-comics-december-2013-solicitations-collections-collectibles.html

The only problem with this though, is that it looks like at least 4-5 stories may not be included in this edition.

Those stories are:

Batman #161 February, 1964- “The New Crimes of the Mad Hatter” and Detective Comics 230 April, 1956- “The Mad Hatter of Gotham City” - Episodes 13 and 14, - “The Thirteenth Hat” and “Batman Stands Pat,” and Episodes 69 and 70- “The Contaminated Cowl” and “The Mad Hatter Runs Afoul.”

Detective Comics #341 July, 1965- “The Joker’s Comedy Capers” - Episodes 31 and 32 “Death in Slow Motion” and “The Riddler’s False Notion”

Batman #36 Aug-Sep, 1946- “The Penguin’s Nest” - Episodes 61 and 62 - “The Penguin’s Nest” and “The Bird’s Last Jest”

Batman #130, March 1960-“Batman’s Deadly Birthday,” and Detective Comics #140 October, 1948- “The Riddler” - Episodes 79 and 80 - “Batman’s Anniversary” and “A Riddling Controversy”

Last edited:
That's fantastic. I'm definitely going to buying that. What a neat collection of camp classics.

I just wanted to repost this one last time in case you missed it earlier:

Hi Bathead-do you have any idea when these figures are coming out?
They look amazing!

Oops-forgot to say how much I love this show too! I also love the Batman Animated series! Great site, I'm happy I found it!
thanks!

Oh, it's Adam West's birthday? Then let's put something embarrassing up. This clip can never die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"