Batman Begins The Batman Begins General Discussion Thread

18 years, insane... still remember watching it with my parents at the theater, confused as I though it was a prequel to 89 Bats (LOL). Batman Begins was the start of my Bat-renaissance!

Man, I remember putting this poster on my bedroom wall in anticipation:

batman-begins-cinema-quad-movie-poster-teaser-5.jpg

18 years! Madness!

18 years, insane... still remember watching it with my parents at the theater, confused as I though it was a prequel to 89 Bats (LOL). Batman Begins was the start of my Bat-renaissance!
This was the first Batman film that felt right to me, that gave me the Batman I've always wanted without being cartoony or silly. It's my second favorite behind Dark Knight. :)

I think that’s a largely forgotten or underrated aspect of Begins’ release. A lot of it had to do with WB’s fumbling the marketing to communicate exactly what the film was, but it also I think came down to audiences back then just not being as literate about how to relate multiple versions of these characters existing. It would not be a problem today if Begins was coming out now.

I think that’s a largely forgotten or underrated aspect of Begins’ release. A lot of it had to do with WB’s fumbling the marketing to communicate exactly what the film was, but it also I think came down to audiences back then just not being as literate about how to relate multiple versions of these characters existing. It would not be a problem today if Begins was coming out now.
True, if it came out today would be known as a multiverse tale of an alternate timeline.

I think a lot of people still joked and/or actually thought Phoenix Joker was prequel to Ledger Joker/Nolan Batman movies, even with vaguely noticing differences there was insistence of there were a lot of similarities too, why would there be all the similarities but not be the same version?

Let's not forget that the term reboot basically started or at the very very least became popularised by this film. Before that even movie franchises such as Bond and the Schumacher Batman movies were considered sequels. Of course there were also remakes since forever, but that was always a repeat of pretty much the exact same story that was shown in some way before.

Nolan never quite got the fight choreography right in his movies, but I feel Begins was the best of the bunch. Shame about the editing.

Although I will say I remember people complaining about this way back when so this is hardly a new take.

Begins and Rises are great for different reasons, but I just think by the time Nolan made Rises he had really come into his own as a blockbuster filmmaker and it can't help but show in the film. And let's not act like Begins doesn't have its flaws too, because it certainly does.

You just have to keep in mind...when Begins came out, most people were grading it against...the Schumacher films. When Rises came out, Nolan had firmly and established himself and people were grading it against Begins/TDK and Inception. It had a much higher hill to climb, not to mention it had the job of ending a trilogy which is always tricky. And it's still freakin' great.

Last edited:
Rises has lower lows but way higher highs than Begins. If only because, as the upper post says, Nolan was way better as a filmmaker by 2012. That expertise shines through rises even with its wonky script.

Christian Bale is the new Batman
Christian Bale will go from American psycho to American hero in the lead role of the next Batman movie, due to start filming next year. The 29-year-old is the fourth actor to wear the cape and cowl in the movies, following Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney. ”What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne,” director Christopher Nolan (”Memento”) said in a Warner Bros. press release. ”He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for.”
Still kind of flabbergasted that Bale was so young when he landed the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"