Batman Begins The Batman Begins General Discussion Thread

Just rewatched last night on Max (doing a rewatch of the trilogy)— this movie still slaps.

I’m hard-pressed to find any criticism and wish, beyond the fan community, this got more love. TDK and Ledger’s performance seem to have erased Begins from the zeitgeist.

Wasn’t my choice at the time, but it was a glorious moment just to see another Batman film actually happening after that near-eternal post-B&R period.

It's funny because now that I'm older, it's alarming how fast 8 years can go by. But being 11 when B&R came out...it meant that all of middle school, all of high school + my first year of college would go by before seeing another Batman movie. It really did feel like a lifetime!

It's funny because now that I'm older, it's alarming how fast 8 years can go by. But being 11 when B&R came out...it meant that all of middle school, all of high school + my first year of college would go by before seeing another Batman movie. It really did feel like a lifetime!
Same. Realistically, more time will have passed between Mad Max: Fury Road and Furiosa than there was between B&R and Begins, and Fury Road still feels fairly recent, but having no Batman between the ages of 7 and 15 just felt like a life sentence.

Its Batman Day and im about 20mins into Batman Begins. This film really ignited my passion for the character and i hold it dearly to my heart. Its just a fantastic film and does everything right. I was about 15 in 2005. Me and a mate saw this on a whim as it wasn't really promoted or i was oblivious to it. My jaw was on the floor with that dark brooding music and the bats flying to form the batman logo. I knew from then i was this film was a entirely different beast to what came before it.

The DVD i completely wore out especially the BTS. Just seing Bruce's journey was therapeutic, His understanding of justice ,internalized trauma and the criminal underworld (Bruce talking to Falcone is a highlight) its just top notch writing here (D.Goyer's writing really shines in this film) It also paints the corruption of Gotham City for the audience. Nolan really was the perfect director to reboot the Franchise also the soundtrack from Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard was fantastic. Im very humbled that we had the top of the top in the industry at the time, Everyone brought there A game.

Christian Bale as Bruce/Batman is what makes this movie shine for me. He trained for the role, gave us blatant duality between Bruce and Batman and was a general pleasure to see him envision a new era of Batman. Nolan said he was picked because he has the right balance of light and dark. Its so obvious watching him in certain scenes that this was the case

The only downsides were Katy Holmes as Rachel and the under use of Scarecrow but ive come to terms with him being a puppet.

P.S His Batman Voice was the best out of the trilogy and Gary Oldman was PERFECT casting my god!

For me personally this is still the best of the trilogy.

Damn...didn't realize the whole trilogy was going to playing at AMCs today. It's a little last minute, but might be able to sneak out and catch TDK or TDKR. Missed Begins unfortunately.

Damn...didn't realize the whole trilogy was going to playing at AMCs today. It's a little last minute, but might be able to sneak out and catch TDK or TDKR. Missed Begins unfortunately.
Did you make it?

Back in 2020, my local theater was showing the trilogy and I managed to rewatch Batman Begins and TDK on the big screen again. It felt so damn nice after so many years to be able to experience them once more the way I had for the first time when they originally released. People cheered at the end of TDK as if it was July 18th, 2008.

Last edited:
Did you make it?
I did not unfortunately. Hopefully they do this again next year, why not make a yearly thing for Batman day?

I did see that TDK is still playing through this week at some locations though, which is cool. Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but just letting people know in case you want to check your local AMC.

Would’ve been very boyish going into the role at that time, but we know he has chops. I’m happy we got Bale, but it would’ve been interesting to see.

Kind of wild to look back on my perception of this movie when it first came out. My comic experience with the character was so minimal that the idea of BB having a scope that extended beyond just Gotham City and out into the world seemed ****ing huge to me.

Kind of wild to look back on my perception of this movie when it first came out. My comic experience with the character was so minimal that the idea of BB having a scope that extended beyond just Gotham City and out into the world seemed ****ing huge to me.

I mean even with the precedent in the comics, it was still the first time that had ever been done in live action and that hits different. It STILL feels huge to me, even in retrospect. The fact that Nolan's Bat-movies shot on locations all over the world really lends them an incredible sense of scope.

A really great part of Batman Begins and of many films, very strong with whole lot of range.

RIP

So, the “young Batman” of my adolescence… is now half a century old.

I’m gonna need a minute alone, folks.

Just realised that I'm exactly the same age as Bale was when The Dark Knight came out...

Weirdly, I can kind of picture it.

I feel like he wouldn’t get to riff as much as he did with Stark, but I think he could’ve pulled it off.

Oh that would have been pretty good actually— And he had just done creepy psychiatrist in Gothika. But Cillian killed it, of course. The only complaint is there wasn’t more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"