The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDJ was 43 when he was cast as Iron Man, and that was an origin movie.

Keaton was 36 when he was cast as Batman, and that was a film set early in his career.

Right now, I want an actor for Batman that's slightly older than Cavill. A Batman who has been established for a while, say 2-3 years.

I was 100% for RDJ when has was announced for Iron Man. Most people weren't because of his age...I remember those days. But also Iron Man is different...Robert Downey Jr. doesn't have to be in a suit when Iron Man is kicking ass...it's mainly a CGI character...so someone in their 40's playing Iron Man isn't exactly the same.

The Batman movie with Keaton had no real timeline or any kind of scenes of his origin or how he came to become Batman other than flashbacks from when he was a child. Honestly...I hope this is the way they handle the next Batman movie. They should just give us credit that we get how and why he is Batman.

Last edited:
Actually it kinda does. They rebooted Spider-Man from scratch a few years after a trilogy...redone origin and all, it was liked by most critics and fans enough that it is getting a sequel, and it has made a ton of money. So if the guys in charge at Warner Brothers see one studio can pull it off why wouldn't they?
It's not going to happen. He will be introduced in Justice League, the first solo movie will be a Batman who is already developed, post-JLA. WB are not Marvel/Sony. They can be stupid, but theyre not THAT stupid. Theyre aware that people dont want to see this because the previous Batmans were a great success. They WILL re-do the origin at some point but im confident that they know NOW is not the time. They have Amazing Spider-Man to look at as an example, they know it's a movie with a mixed response. Commercial success so what? I liked the movie but it was pretty much a remake. They wont want that hateful response like when TASM was announced, and they wont want to risk a split crowd because it affects Justice League movies and the future of the franchise. It's worth more money than Spider-Man.

I guarantee that the actor is in his 30s and he already has the batcave, the suit, etc. A quick flash of his parents for like 30 seconds is good enough for the first movie.

I cant spot those similarities between Mount and Cavill. Mount does have a kind of charming smile, but psyco look. Cavill looks kindier.

I agree.

Batman's history should be mentioned and shown, but I don't know in what context within the movie. But it shouldn't be something based heavily around his history again.

It's not going to happen. He will be introduced in Justice League, the first solo movie will be a Batman who is already developed, post-JLA. WB are not Marvel/Sony. They can be stupid, but theyre not THAT stupid. Theyre aware that people dont want to see this because the previous Batmans were a great success. They WILL re-do the origin at some point but im confident that they know NOW is not the time. They have Amazing Spider-Man to look at as an example, they know it's a movie with a mixed response. Commercial success so what? I liked the movie but it was pretty much a remake.

I guarantee that the actor is in his 30s and he already has the batcave, the suit, etc. A quick flash of his parents for like 30 seconds is good enough for the first movie.

No use debating it because neither of us really know for sure. Just saying The Amazing Spider-man did the formula successfully so what's to stop another studio from trying it. Time will tell and we shall see. I hope they don't follow The Amazing Spider-Man formula.

I cant spot those similarities between Mount and Cavill. Mount does have a kind of charming smile, but psyco look. Cavill looks kindier.

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

Okay? And that's a cartoon. I am talking about a live action film. Besides...don't see Anson Mount getting the part of Batman.

It was a joke!

The repeteadly portray Batman and Superman being similar, but superman is bigger and hulkier, maybe more square-faced. In my opinion, Batman just have to bring the lunatic-esque feeling to the play.

Right now, I want an actor for Batman that's slightly older than Cavill. A Batman who has been established for a while, say 2-3 years.
That's exactly what I want as well.

Okay? And that's a cartoon. I am talking about a live action film. Besides...don't see Anson Mount getting the part of Batman.

It was a joke!

The repeteadly portray Batman and Superman being similar, but superman is bigger and hulkier, maybe more square-faced. In my opinion, Batman just have to bring the lunatic-esque feeling to the play.
tho, I didn't care for "the batman" that much, but, I did think that was the one thing they got right...

... Clark was huge by comparison lol

Last edited:
I wonder who would be the modern day equivalent of michael keaton being cast? In that someone who is definitely not known for action type roles or who's image doesn't really match bruce waynes but would still be able to pull it off?

They wouldn't take that risk in this day and age, it's all about the looks. Keaton would be a character actor. I'm honestly trying to think.

i think mark ruffalo is the obvious "michael keaton" of our time. Not that i'd want him as batman.

I wonder who would be the modern day equivalent of michael keaton being cast? In that someone who is definitely not known for action type roles or who's image doesn't really match bruce waynes but would still be able to pull it off?

Maybe someone like Vince Vaughn, who has a track record of being in several comedies, and is generally considered a comedic actor. i think if it were announced tommorow that Vaughn has been cast as the next Batman in a new movie, the flame wars would erupt instantaneously over on the Batman boards.

And yet, I don't think he would be as dissapointing in the role as many believe he would be.

Yeah i just remembered how upset a lot of ppl on the cap boards got when john krasinski was among the top contenders in the running for cap america.

664b83e89062e49312bd1d469caa147ef9d3739ae3e2e13058bc0cd9.jpg

I actually thought he could have been good.

Only Jack Black should be allowed to play Batman now.

Yeah i just remembered how upset a lot of ppl on the cap boards got when john krasinski was among the top contenders in the running for cap america.

664b83e89062e49312bd1d469caa147ef9d3739ae3e2e13058bc0cd9.jpg

I actually thought he could have been good.
he comes across as too much of a goodball to me. He could make a good Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"