The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyones going to have to get used to me shouting "Karl Urban!" from now on.

If he could pull the charisma, it's plausible.

Last edited:
Dead ringers :p

batman_tas_bruce.jpg

joeman.png

selina-kyle.jpg

Charlize-Theron-charlize-theron-7318008-1024-768.jpg

Whos the actress? Its a white question mark in a blue box for me.

Agreed about Manganiello though. If Bale isn't coming back for JL, Manganiello would be a fantastic choice.

Manganiello, Jon Hamm, Karl Urban, or Anson Mount

While we're discussing somewhat brutish, minor TV actors, I just saw an interview and heard this guy's natural voice for the first time:

manubennettspartacuswar.jpg

And it sounds completely different than that deep raspy voice he does on Spartacus. It's like he has a natural Bruce/Batman voice dichotomy going on there, lol. For the first time, I could totally see him as (an established) Batman if they wanted a lesser name. Not my first choice or anything, but I know I've dismissed him when he was suggested before, and I just wanted to recant that, lol. I could definitely see it. He has a certain presence that could work very well for Bats, imo.

Whos the actress? Its a white question mark in a blue box for me.

Agreed about Manganiello though. If Bale isn't coming back for JL, Manganiello would be a fantastic choice.

Manganiello, Jon Hamm, Karl Urban, or Anson Mount
I get sick of that happening lol

It was Charlize :)
Charlize%20Theron%20161%201024X768%20Sexy%20Wallpaper.jpg

Everyone loves a bit of Theron.

Whoever gets to play the next Catwoman is probably not even legal yet, though.

:(

These may not be the most original choices, but I thought I would share them with everyone.

Batman/Bruce Wayne: Jon Hamm

Commissioner Gordon: Bryan Cranston

Robin (Dick Grayson or Tim Drake): Josh Hutcherson

Alfred: James Cromwell

Oracle: Julianne Moore

Catwoman: Olivia Thirlby

The Joker: Crispin Glover

Harley Quinn: Melanie Lynskey

The Riddler: Will Arnett

Harvey Dent/ Two-Face: Josh Brolin

Mr. Freeze: Billy Crudup

The Penguin: Dean Norris

Johnathan Crane or Dr. Kirk Langstrom: Adrien Brody

All these casting choices are inspired by the Arkham video game series, the Animated Series or a combination of the two.

Last edited:
While we're discussing somewhat brutish, minor TV actors
Haha.

This brutish minor tv actor was ALMOST our new Superman. If he was good enough to be there, then he's good enough for both Bruce and Batman. The only thing that stopped from getting the role was his inability to portray a rookie Superman. Perhaps an experienced Supes, but I can understand rookie. Cavill was best at that.

Joe as a seasoned Batman? Absolutely.
Joe-Manganiello.jpg

Last edited:
Haha.

This brutish minor tv actor was ALMOST our new Superman. If he was good enough to be there, then he's good enough for both Bruce and Batman. The only thing that stopped from getting the role was his inability to portray a rookie Superman. Perhaps an experienced Supes, but I can understand rookie. Cavill was best at that.

Joe as a seasoned Batman? Absolutely.
Don't get me wrong, I was a supporter of him for Superman (he was probably my 2nd favorite for the role behind Cavill), but that's because I think he's better for Superman. I've seen every episode of him on True Blood, and I find him much more interesting and enjoyable to watch when he's just being the earnest, noble, protective "good guy," than when he's acting all angsty and brooding. The more they make Alcide brood, the more boring he becomes. I just think Manganiello does earnest a lot better than he does dark, even if he's not really bad at either. BUT, I'm not against him in the role. He's a good actor, far better than he gets credit for around here, imo. I believe he could pull it off and do a good job. He's just not my top pick for the role, because I see other superhero roles as better fits for him.

I'm sure he's been brought up before, but what do you guys think of theo james? has anyone seen golden boy?
Theo-James.jpg

That guy is the farthest thing from Batman I can imagine.

Don't get me wrong, I was a supporter of him for Superman (he was probably my 2nd favorite for the role behind Cavill), but that's because I think he's better for Superman. I've seen every episode of him on True Blood, and I find him much more interesting and enjoyable to watch when he's just being the earnest, noble, protective "good guy," than when he's acting all angsty and brooding. The more they make Alcide brood, the more boring he becomes. I just think Manganiello does earnest a lot better than he does dark, even if he's not really bad at either. BUT, I'm not against him in the role. He's a good actor, far better than he gets credit for around here, imo. I believe he could pull it off and do a good job. He's just not my top pick for the role, because I see other superhero roles as better fits for him.
I see what you mean :)

I think he's rather good all angsty though lol

But if he played an older and wiser Batman, then perhaps the characterization will make him more chilled in that regard. More like a Kevin Conroy type Batman.

ЯɘvlveR;25394111 said:
I'm sure he's been brought up before, but what do you guys think of theo james? has anyone seen golden boy?
Theo-James.jpg
He looks like The Riddler's sister.

He looks like James Franco's evil, better looking twin, Hans Franco.

apparently he's gotten the role of 4 in divergent. i don't know what that is.

ЯɘvlveR;25394111 said:
Theo-James.jpg

rv8y3c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"