The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce Timm's Batman doesn't need a utility belt- he keeps most of his gear in his freakishly over sized jaw.

Watched Law Abiding Citizen the other week and it came to me that Gerard Butler would make a crazy ass Black Mask.

majik, instead of only crapping all over someone's suggestion, how about making some yourself? i'd like to know who you'd pick. it's only fair that we all get to crap all over whomever you suggest.
:D

majik, instead of only crapping all over someone's suggestion, how about making some yourself? i'd like to know who you'd pick. it's only fair that we all get to crap all over whomever you suggest.
:D
watch out , he's a "casting extraordinaire ;D " ...apparently. :dry:

that being said, I've seen law abiding citizen and it's a good movie and all but I don't see gerard as black mask very much.

haha. i can see him as ocean master or someone obscure. no big name villain really comes to mind. or hero.

Well...To be brutally honest. I have NEVER read ANY comic with Black Mask. I know VERY VERY little about the character and his personality. I tend to see unhinged actors be suggested for him and Gérard Butler always seems unhinged to me, so I thought, why not? Lol

mob boss with a mask. he's basically bruce wayne, if bruce killed his parents in a fire.

I've only read Black Mask in Brubaker's Catwoman series, and in that, he came off to me as somewhat sophisticated with a very dry sense of humor. Completely deranged, of course, but I dunno, I always read him as having an English accent in my head even though there was no evidence of it in the dialogue, lol.

Tom Hardy. :o

It doesn't matter if he's already been Bane, his face would be covered again, he'd use a different voice... it'd be great.

ackles is a terrible actor. so is the guy from grim. why do so many of you want tv actors for batman? i know cavill was on the tudors and all but he can act! do you really think bales predecessor would be jensen ackles?????
tumblr_md8o3nd5yy1rz9prqo1_250_zpse539c2b8.gif

LOL at that Jensen Ackles gif.

But anyway, I agree. He's bland as hell and I hope he never plays a superhero-at least not one I care about.

I've always been averse to the idea of Armie Hammer. He seems like such a goofball, with a baby face as well. But with these pictures I think I can see what people see in him.

esq-06-hammer-giants-0912-mdn.jpg

peuf_20120809_291.jpg

Batman, GL, and Flash?
finnicks.jpg

From what I can tell, many people aren't fussy on him lol

I've only read Black Mask in Brubaker's Catwoman series, and in that, he came off to me as somewhat sophisticated with a very dry sense of humor. Completely deranged, of course, but I dunno, I always read him as having an English accent in my head even though there was no evidence of it in the dialogue, lol.

Yea he reminds me of Mark Strong in RocknRolla

LOL at that Jensen Ackles gif.

But anyway, I agree. He's bland as hell and I hope he never plays a superhero-at least not one I care about.
disagree 100% he is far from bland very charismatic,dramatic and very comedic aswell

disagree 100% he is far from bland very charismatic,dramatic and very comedic aswell

I think he is a decent actor who is going to have... for the lack of a better word... an unremarkable career (which, before people get all hyped up, isn't necessarily a bad thing)!

But he is not as good as you are making him sound, Project! :oldrazz:

Black Mask is a dull character. Has a cool look but he's just a one-dimensional mob guy. He's Falcone or Maroni with a f'd up face. An evil Bruce Wayne. Or a more badass version of Penguin. So I would rather they focus on Freeze, Joker, Penguin or Riddler for the reboot.

Actually Mark Strong would have done well as Black Mask if it wasn't for Sinestro. Which he was perfect for.

I agree that mark strong would make a good black mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"