The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
armitage was my guy but i keep forgetting that he may be too old for a year 1 or 2 bats. i suppose if hunnam is the front runner for the flash then it should go to gosling.

Ok, PLEASE don't frag me for saying this, but I happen to have caught a certain soap opera my grandmother likes to watch a couple times. I don't follow it but there's this one dude on the show who just OOZES brooding/obsessive Bruce Wayne, and I think he'd make a good Batman as well. Picture is spoilered for size, but the actor's name is Michael Muhney:

michael-muhney.jpg

I just want them to get a good actor who looks like he might be tougher than he seems. I don't find all the images of model-come-actors doing the 'blue steel' to be particularly instructive.

images

I could see it. Don't know if he can pull off the American accent.

Heh, I don't know either. I've never even seen him act. I just saw a picture of him in GOT and thought he looked rather Bruce-ish.

Don't know if these have been suggested before, But what about Josh Harnett, or maybe Jake Gyllenhaal as Bats/Bruce?

Hartnett is not a great actor and Gyllenhaal is not convincing as a tough guy.

Dempsie can't be Batman, he's supposed to be Mathion after my book gets published and the film rights get worked out!!! :argh:

Heh, I don't know either. I've never even seen him act. I just saw a picture of him in GOT and thought he looked rather Bruce-ish.

Hartnett is not a great actor and Gyllenhaal is not convincing as a tough guy.

I dunno, I think Hartnett might be able to bring something, he wasn't too bad in Black Hawk Down or Sin City, also he has a bit of a dark look to him. Just an opinion of course.

Tyler Hoechlin certainly has a good look for Bruce Wayne/Batman. I'm not sure what his acting chops are like today, but he was pretty good (as a child actor) in Road to Perdition; and he's finally old enough to be considered for the role of Bats.

I would say Michael C. Hall, but he is in his late 40's now. Dam it. And the Game Of Thrones has some nice choices, but they are too young. I would cast Ben McKenzie, but his height would be a problem. Both with filming and backlash complaining.

Well apparently Batman will be youngish when JL begins.

Richard Madden for example will be the right age by the time things start.

So far out of this entire thread I havent seen a single suggestion that I thought was just the right guy for the role. Im also gettin really tired of Ryan Gosling's name being brought up.

It's hard to find a dude that's not a pretty boy. I consider any actor better looking than me a pretty boy so....yeah. And ruggedly handsome is still pretty to someone.

Dunno. I doubt anyone could call Sean Bean, Clive Owen or Daniel Craig 'pretty', though each has plenty of admirers.

I really hope that it's not a year one or two Batman. Have it start off in his fifth year as Batman or something. Show flashbacks to explain characters and villains that are already established in Gotham within the new film universe. That way we can get more of a story like the comic books since they won't have to show full origins. You can also put more characters in each film this way (once again like the comics), instead of being limited to two villains and use the already overdone film template.

Since I'm actually hoping for an on-going series and not a trilogy, here are my hopefuls for all the characters of new Batman universe. I have left the biggest role (which is of course Bruce) out because I honestly don't know who I want in the role yet.

Dick Grayson/Robin/Nightwing... Dave Franco
Jim Gordon... Josh Brolin
The Joker... David Tennant
Penguin... Bob Hoskins
Selina Kyle/Catwoman... Mila Kunis
Edward Nygma/Riddler... Johnny Depp
Roman Sionis/Black Mask... Tim Roth
Hugo Strange... Phillip Seymore Hoffman
Harley Quinn... Fairuza Balk
Renee Montoya... Michelle Rodriguez
Harvey Bullock... James Gandolfini
Alfred Pennyworth... John Hurt

Not sure about other characters yet.

Last edited:
Jay Ryan would be a name I would suggest. The guy is good actor with alot of charm and can be imposing and pretty much has the Batman voice.

He's 32 so he's old enough to have been Batman for several years , yet he's not another middle aged Batman which we've just seen in TDKR.

I just want them to get a good actor who looks like he might be tougher than he seems. I don't find all the images of model-come-actors doing the 'blue steel' to be particularly instructive.

Then you're going to love this suggestion.

970h0m.jpg

:hoboj:

As I'm watching Dexter, I can't get over how much I want Michael C. Hall in the role. A lot of my ideas are just older. Hall, David Boreanez, Matthew Fox!

Since I'm actually hoping for an on-going series and not a trilogy, here are my hopefuls for all the characters of new Batman universe. I have left the biggest role (which is of course Bruce) out because I honestly don't know who I want in the role yet.

Dick Grayson/Robin/Nightwing... Dave Franco
Jim Gordon... Josh Brolin
The Joker... David Tennant
Penguin... Bob Hoskins
Selina Kyle/Catwoman... Mila Kunis
Edward Nygma/Riddler... Johnny Depp
Roman Sionis/Black Mask... Tim Roth
Hugo Strange... Phillip Seymore Hoffman
Harley Quinn... Fairuza Balk
Renee Montoya... Michelle Rodriguez
Harvey Bullock... James Gandolfini
Alfred Pennyworth... John Hurt

Not sure about other characters yet.
Sadly Gandolfini died today.

Hoskins retired from acting last time I checked. I think it was health issues, but I could be mistaken.

Michelle Rodriguez fits Montoya but I don't want her near this lol.

Depp as Riddler is cliché and I don't think he fits.

NO to Mila Kunis as Selina.

I say Jane Levy for Harley Quinn. Michael Madsen for Harvey Bullock. Bryan Cranston for Gordon.

OK, again because I'm watching Dexter, what about Desmond Harrington? Yes, he was the *****e soldier on the bridge in TDKR. But he could be convincing as Batman.

I really hope that it's not a year one or two Batman. Have it start off in his fifth year as Batman or something. Show flashbacks to explain characters and villains that are already established in Gotham within the new film universe. That way we can get more of a story like the comic books since they won't have to show full origins. You can also put more characters in each film this way (once again like the comics), instead of being limited to two villains and use the already overdone film template.
I kind of agree with this, I get tired of the anti-hero Batman with the police against him just as much as the villains.

Lately I've been thinking about Josh Hartnett for the rebooted Batman. I know, I know, crazy...but the idea of a brooding Batman similar to Arkham Asylum/City....I think he could pull it off. And he was once in the running for either Batman or Superman(don't know which one) for that proposed Batman/Superman film years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"