The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it makes you feel any better, Rodrigo, as long as you stay on point, you would not hear me complain.

When I say "tough mobster" I mean a guy who would operate a club that is a total front. I don't mean a physical presence, I mean a characterization. Or, more to the point, I mean the way in which someone who would run a criminal operation through a nightclub would be in real life. I consider such a person to be a mobster that would have to be willing to order the dirty work to be performed. Such a person I consider to be "tough" and their profession is a mobster. Hence the term "tough mobster." In the comics, Penguin can talk a pretty big game and doesn't back down from his criminal brethren. Again, I consider that "tough," even if he does at times play both sides and eat them out to the cops or Batman if it suits his needs.

And I've never played an Arkham game.

Ray Winstone or Timothy Spall as Penguin would be great! My first choice would be Bob Hoskins but is gone now sadly.

Winstone and Spall are completely different actors who would play the role very differently, so I don't see how you could favour both of them. I haven't ever heard either of them play a role which required an American accent, anyway.

Odds are that Spall's would be better than Winstone's, hands down though.

Yes. As I said before, however, I'm not sure how different Spall's Penguin would be from his Turner.

He'll probably have sharp teeth grills and bird tattoos all over :o

I actually like the Carell idea as Penguin

160eag0.jpg]

Jude Law as Mr Freeze

4soabr.jpg

Rachel McAdams as Poison Ivy

14aikhy.jpg

And I'm not sure who I'd want but now that we have a DCEU with super powers, I'd LOVE to see Clayface in a Bat film.

Last edited:
Winstone and Spall are completely different actors who would play the role very differently, so I don't see how you could favour both of them. I haven't ever heard either of them play a role which required an American accent, anyway.

Winstone had an accent in The Departed of an American 'twang'

I don't know what accent Winstone had in The Departed, but there was nothing American about it.

I have to say, I don't really rate Ray Winstone as an actor. He is exactly the same in everything. Even his Beowulf was generic East End 'ard case.

"Oim 'ere to kiw youw monstah!"

It does a great disservice to Timothy Spall to be associated with him just because they are both podgy Englishmen.

Ugh Beowulf was sh**. Not even naked Playstation 2 Angelina Jolie could save that turd of a film.

I really like Winstone, even if he is the same in everything, he's still always charismatic. I'd much rather see him as Harvey Bullock than Penguin, though.

Actually Ray Winstone or Ian McShane as Penguin! No to Spall!

Spall will be a great Penguin, me think!

The suggested Jude Law as Freeze could work, but why are people blind to the fact that he would rock as Riddler?

According to whom is he a "gangsta"? Because he has been a lot more than that for a number of decades.

Spall will be a great Penguin, me think!

The suggested Jude Law as Freeze could work, but why are people blind to the fact that he would rock as Riddler?

I would rather have McShane as Penguin. Just need a slight prosthetic nose. Spall does already have the face and nose down....but can he be a gangsta? McShane can definitely be!

I don't know what accent Winstone had in The Departed, but there was nothing American about it.

Sorry, I thought it was his attempt at Boston dialect ? Could be wrong of course, I just thought he was an American character in that.

Wasn't McAdams cast in a Marvel movie?

Sorry if it looks like I'm pulling this out of my ass, I don't follow much upcoming films and castings, but I think I saw this being mentioned somewhere.

Wasn't McAdams cast in a Marvel movie?

Sorry if it looks like I'm pulling this out of my ass, I don't follow much upcoming films and castings, but I think I saw this being mentioned somewhere.

I think, (don't quote me) it was actually for another upcoming DC film, for a part in Sandman, not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"