The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

Very fair. I really like the idea with the rain & floods in Gotham. Makes me think of Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver wanting the scum to be "washed away." Unrelated to the leak but related to Taxi Driver, but I am very much in favour of monologues if done right and can imagine that easily with Bruce driving around

Yessssss. A Pattinson monologue would make me horny even if it’s just the opening scene. I’ll even take it in his Winslow voice.

How would there “be a reason for why it rains in Gotham”?

Agreed. It’s awesome. But to be clear, he’s not pulling it out of his ass. Posters hinted at a huge flood that happened. Which is why I brought up many months ago that Poison Ivy could fit into this series very nicely just based on the environmental talk or even the drops (a drug that is made from something completely unnatural).

Yessssss. A Pattinson monologue would make me horny even if it’s just the opening scene. I’ll even take it in his Winslow voice.

How would there “be a reason for why it rains in Gotham”?

Yep, I was thinking maybe some sort of industrial pollution issues or something similar that affects the weather I have no clue lol either way I want ittt. Maybe he just means it's done to hammer home how gross Gotham is, so actual reasons outside the movie's world

Gotham so wet, that’s why all the crazies wanna get in there and make a mess :funny:

That is a very good question, actually.

@Doctor Jones or @DKDetective - would that be permissible or would that violate the rules about leaked material on the (very, very) off chance its legit?

There is no prohibition here against posting spoilers in the appropriate spoiler threads even if they come from alleged leaks. It is leaked copyrighted materials (eg. footage, photos, etc.) that are prohibited.

Now the poster who originated that information here did so by PM, they may have done that for a reason and may not be comfortable with the info being posted openly on public forums. I would check with them if they are comfortable with you posting it on here openly. The rules require that PMs be kept private unless there is written permission from all those involved in the PM.

FlawedGlossyKookaburra-max-1mb.gif

Obviously, but the car thing is sooooooo specific. I've never seen any one notice that the Batmobile literally has doors welded together and doesn't have door handles. I'm not saying everything in the leak is real or even that it's 100% but it's easily the most interesting leak we've seen and it not appealing to what nerds want is part of that. Regardless I think the car thing is real. And this is around the time some little tidbits come out and actually are true

It's hilariously goofy that Batman has to crawl or jump through the windows and I think that bit is real. The windows would probably be rolled down remotely and the doors are welded so no one can get in

We talked about the Batmobile being doorless and welded shut quite a bit last summer. There was quite a bit of speculation regarding whether the top lifted up or slide back with the rear support bars being hinges...

Any wannabe fake leaker need only read discussion forums like here to pick up on stuff like that.

Is the welding some type of aero dynamic thing?

Is the welding some type of aero dynamic thing?
Nope, it is a common safety thing with race and stunt cars. They have added rollcages and other safety features to strengthen the frame and protect the occupant from injury during crashes. Those roll cages block the doors and welding the doors shut also increases the structural integrity in and of itself.

Nope, it is a common safety thing with race and stunt cars. They have added rollcages and other safety features to strengthen the frame and protect the occupant from injury during crashes. Those roll cages block the doors and welding the doors shut also increases the structural integrity in and of itself.
It's basically a battering ram on wheels, which rocks pretty hard

Lol a Batmobile like the Death Proof car is cool w me

I was watching the cinematic scenes from a horrible Batman game “Batman: Dark Tomorrow” and was the Batmobile there reminded me a bit of this one. I’m coming around to the aesthetics of the Batmobile and suit, it took me a minute to adjust.

Can someone please PM me the spoilers or link to the spoilers?

why can’t they be posted in this thread since its the spoilers thread?

Can someone PM me the spoilers you guys are talking about. I'm curious...

I read them and there's nothing earth shattering and very little that couldn't be gleaned from what we've already seen and know.

IE The Batcave is in an abandoned subway. Gee, ya think?

Last edited:
New leak from reddit:

- One of batman's fight scenes include him taking down 3 thugs with an empty pistol (its described as an extremely violent and brutal scene). This iteration of batman is extremely violent and his gloves have blood on them after one of the fight scenes and with him almost breaking his wrist at one point.

- Batman also experiments a lot with a lot of different gadgets which are in various stages of development , he tries different gadgets every time he goes out to fight crime.He has batrangs , a grapple gun ,smoke which come out from pipes under his wrist . He also has a watch/screen which he uses as a gps tracker and also to communicate with alfred.

- Robert's batman voice is very low , its almost like he's whispering.

- Alfred and bruce have a very rocky but father/son like relationship and have multiple arguments throughout the film as alfred doesnt approve of bruce being batman and constantly pesters him about every little mistake bruce makes as batman one including almost killing a criminal.

- Bruce is extremely mentally ill in the movie and is on medications throughout the movie but him going out as batman in the night to protect gotham is what makes him feel better .

- Barbara gordon is mentioned a few times (without her actual name being used) in the movie but is never shown.

- Gothcorp is a part of gotham and is shown. However There is no mention of mr freeze.

- The riddler has several flashback scenes in the movie going all the way back to when he was a teen and how his parents were killed.

- The carver twins play the tweedle brothers and are riddler's henchmen in this movie.

- The final showdown between the batman and the riddler takes place in an abandoned orphanage that has been shutdown due to a lack of funding.

EDIT - THE FILM WILL BE RATED R.

I'm not asking anyone to believe any of this because i know there have been a ton of fake leaks but just wait for the movie and you'll see. also I wont be revealing how i got this information either.

Its a fun read and I wouldn't be upset with any of it but again people can make up anything at this point and it'll months before anything can be proven one way or another.

It's a lot of stuff that's evident from the trailer, leaked marketing materials, or common fan speculation. I do like the idea of Batman grabbing some thug's gun from him and beating ass with it though, that sounds fun.

I think Alfred is gonna be a tough bastard in this (I think Serkis is sporting the full beard in order to look gruffer than past on screen Alfred’s). I’d bet a ton of cash that he had a major hand in training Bruce, so I don’t buy that he’d be constantly giving Bruce crap for being a vigilante.

I'm assuming it's one of those things where Alfred trains/helps Bruce when he realizes there's no convincing him otherwise. If he can't stop Bruce from being Batman he probably thinks at least he can lessen his odds of dying. I could see it as him just fulfilling his promise to Bruce's parents to keep him safe. I can definitely envision Alfred lecturing him on HOW he acts as Batman

If Alfred having a hand in Bruce’s training ends being on the money (which is likely) I’m hoping it’s kind of a hybrid-ized concept where he takes young Bruce around the world and hooks him up with various masters and teachers.

That sounds cool. But with Rob looking so introverted, I like the idea of him never leaving Gotham which would add to his feelings of isolation. Keaton had that vibe too. Like he’s been in Gotham for way too long. He’s been in prison for 20 years and he has no intention on escaping that prison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"