The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

The casting call for the circus performers was including examples of skills like "puppeteering and fire dancing" and the casting call was for the same area as the casting call for extras for the halloween / nightclub party. So it's likely just going to be entertainers for the party (maybe at iceberg lounge?) and not a full circus scene with the flying graysons..

Cinescore who is blessing us with a lot of great information on twitter is saying the stuff they’re shooting with Riddler is leaning heavily towards R-rated.

The Hartwood shoot lists something with an orphanage.

Also hinting that Barry Keoghan may be playing a known character. He’s saying no to the suggestions of Dick Grayson or Firefly, but is ignoring the few about Mad Hatter. Maybe Mad Hatter has a different real name and job in the Reeves universe?

By pop culture or most comic book fan standards I mean.

Also guess who ALSO just tweeted a gif of Barry Keoghan? Jett Ramey. Weird coincidence. Something is up. He’s either Mad Hatter or Joker if I were to guess. Hoping it’s not Joker because I find him too small looking.

Jett loves to post random pictures of actors. Remember when he posted Brad Pitt and Jason Statham?

By pop culture or most comic book fan standards I mean.

Also guess who ALSO just tweeted a gif of Barry Keoghan? Jett Ramey. Weird coincidence. Something is up. He’s either Mad Hatter or Joker if I were to guess. Hoping it’s not Joker because I find him too small looking.

Or it could be that he heard something along the lines of "Barry's version of Merkel will be the main protagonist of the HBO Max Gotham PD show." We'll see what they do there!

That said, Barry would make for a creepy as hell Joker.

EDIT: Ah, okay, I see what you mean now. Yeah, there might be something there. Still, hoping it's Joker then.

Last edited:
Too short, and too young looking, for Joker, IMO.

Height can be dealt with, and while Barry is certainly very young looking, that can be worked around too. Especially considering how unrecognizable they've made Colin Farrell as Penguin.

I hope Keoghan isn’t Joker. He doesn’t look the part at all IMO.

He's either:

1. Stanley Merkel and the lead of the HBO MAX prequel series. Why cast someone like Keoghan as Gordon's partner that probably gets offed by The Riddler or someone else? Seems like quite a waste of Keoghan's talent.
2. Joker: I think we'll either see Joker's origin as a henchman who becomes The Joker over the course of the series or he's already in Arkham and acts as the "Calender Man" of the film.
3. He's playing Mad Hatter or Firefly.

Maybe Mad Hatter is a officer in this who is a total creep. Mad Hatter doesn’t exactly have a real sounding name in the comics. They also wouldn’t assign a fake name unless he was a really big surprise. Not just some C list rogue.

Maybe Mad Hatter is a officer in this who is a total creep. Mad Hatter doesn’t exactly have a real sounding name in the comics. They also wouldn’t assign a fake name unless he was a really big surprise. Not just some C list rogue.

So you're saying he's not Mad Hatter then? :D

In all seriousness, we'll see what happens in due time, I'm sure!

He's either:

1. Stanley Merkel and the lead of the HBO MAX prequel series. Why cast someone like Keoghan as Gordon's partner that probably gets offed by The Riddler or someone else? Seems like quite a waste of Keoghan's talent.
2. Joker: I think we'll either see Joker's origin as a henchman who becomes The Joker over the course of the series or he's already in Arkham and acts as the "Calender Man" of the film.
3. He's playing Mad Hatter or Firefly.

Of those, I think 1 and 3 are most likely. I think it's entirely possible he's playing a smaller role, I mean Peter Sarsgaard is a more established actor, and yet he's not playing a major character.

Hero: Robin
Villain: Mad Hatter

He tweeted another thing about playing Robin in early 2019. Not hard to think of him trying to get the role in a Reeves movie. Unlike Bautista’s failure to be cast as Bane, if Grayson is actually in The Batman, a meeting would be possible.

Joker doesn’t fit him (as far as we can tell) and Hatter is too small of a role to waste on that guy. Robin would be a name that WB/Matt Reeves would try to keep secret.

Last edited:
I don’t think he is but let’s not throw a great, creepy actor under the bus just because his looks don’t match. Not when they have Colin Farrell’s makeup artist employed.

That's a good point, we saw that Reeves isn't shy to use make-up. And if he manage to go this far for Penguin, well, we should be in for a treat when it comes to the Joker.

Anyway, I wanted to see what Barry Keoghan would look like with a minimum of touch up, so here is a new quick manip.

llip.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"