• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

Not interested in anything more than a trilogy, which is notoriously hard to get right to begin with and almost unheard of if you want Matt reeves to direct each iteration. The only example that springs to mind was Michael bay directing 5 transformers movies.

i think we’d be lucky to get Matt directing a third film let alone a forth and fifth and I think we should be happy with that.

although in my opinion I do long for the days when these films were just one and done, because this film stands on its own perfectly, but I know I’m in the extreme minority for that.

Not interested in anything more than a trilogy, which is notoriously hard to get right to begin with and almost unheard of if you want Matt reeves to direct each iteration. The only example that springs to mind was Michael bay directing 5 transformers movies.

i think we’d be lucky to get Matt directing a third film let alone a forth and fifth and I think we should be happy with that.

although in my opinion I do long for the days when these films were just one and done, because this film stands on its own perfectly, but I know I’m in the extreme minority for that.

I wouldn't say we'd be "lucky" to have Matt directing the third film, I think that's pretty likely. He's a huge fan of the character and has talked at length about how many different ideas he has and where he could take this character next. I think a trilogy is a given, and what Matt has signed on for. I just think there's potential for even more. But like I said, I'd be incredibly satisfied with three films.

On the plus side, we aren't only getting three movies and then this world is over like the Nolan trilogy. It's different this time. We already have two spinoff shows announced and a potential third one coming soon. Like Matt said himself, they really wanted this film to kickstart a solo Batverse.

God I want that version of Something in the Way so bad

Also that monologue along with the accompanying visuals is just...that is the ****ing Batman.

TDK's still a better movie overall, but this as an adaptation of the character is a goddamn magnum opus.

Last edited:
That was a truly beautiful scene. Also, did anybody else love seeing Batman talk in the batmobile again? I think the last time we had that was during the Schumacher days.

Yeah, I also thought they'd pull a No Way Home and kill Alfred.

A moment I loved deeply was when Bruce calls the lady on the way to save Alfred and uses his normal voice. Like he's so afraid of losing him that he instantly phases out of his scary creation.

I wouldn't say we'd be "lucky" to have Matt directing the third film, I think that's pretty likely. He's a huge fan of the character and has talked at length about how many different ideas he has and where he could take this character next. I think a trilogy is a given, and what Matt has signed on for. I just think there's potential for even more. But like I said, I'd be incredibly satisfied with three films.

On the plus side, we aren't only getting three movies and then this world is over like the Nolan trilogy. It's different this time. We already have two spinoff shows announced and a potential third one coming soon. Like Matt said himself, they really wanted this film to kickstart a solo Batverse.

It’s ‘lucky’ we are getting more than one film as it is, with all due respect to the MCU (which I enjoy loads and the people involved are insanely talented) they have such a massive backing at this point these films almost roll off an assembly line, the amount of thought, planning and work that was clearly put into this one, I don’t think it’s a guarantee just because Reeves is a fan, he’s going to keep making these.

My point being, as much as I’m excited for more, I’m very content with what we got and I think too much of a good thing will be a bad thing. A trilogy and a couple of spin off shows then end it and focus on other characters for a few more years I think.

He didn't see Bruce as a true orphan because he was privileged. His parents died but still filthy rich, inherits their wealth and money, gets to live in a tower, still affluent. Nashton had to suffer in a poor, destitute orphanage. He didn't see or acknowledge Bruce's pain or what Bruce had to go through as a tragedy. Plus since he saw the Waynes as corrupt, Bruce is simply a child of corrupt parents. Guilt by association.
I get that, I just find it flawed on his part as there are many guilty people by association

The way Batman just slowly comes out of the shadowed pillar… to talk to Gordon, so amazing.

Last edited:
I will still watch TDK when it’s on but I prefer the much tighter plot in The Batman. Joker’s plan relied on way too many coincidences for it to work. The only thing with The Batman that strained my disbelief were gunmen with so much firepower being able to get into election night headquarters.

I think that's the idea. They're bringing it back to the idea that the Waynes' murder was never solved. It's the one case Batman can't crack. I like that they left it up in the air. Like when Bats was looking Falcone in the eye at that last bit of him, it's kinda like "damn. Now I'll REALLY never know"
I was making a joke how every Batman movie shows Thomas and Martha walking down the alley and a string of pearls falling to the ground. It was nice to skip that this time around.

Speaking of, who was that lady that answered? I know she appears earlier in the film but does she work for Wayne Enterprises? I forget.

Yeah, I assumed she was a secretary who handles Bruce's meetings (or lack thereof lmao)

I can't imagine watching a movie and then getting irked at a very brief scene because it superficially passes the Bechdel test. It's almost like you'd have to be closely looking out for such a scene, knives out, ready to be triggered by even the hint of a scene like that.

Feels like you misunderstood my comment. I'm happy it passes the test because of the number of people who write off movies which don't despite them having strong central female characters. I even remember one of the early MoS reviews was just "It doesn't pass the Bechdel test, what a bad movie"

And the scene with Bruce and Alfred ending with this... just perfect.

58a4c3844c096db437ba6e1c75ac26dfb10c89a7.gifv

faf3a5c5a8c45eebaad7f8098a9481a06c7582cf.gifv

I hate to be that guy but isn't it against the rules to post bootleg footage? I wouldn't think having the video on twitter would bypass the rule

Last edited:
I like how the movie takes place within 5 days. There were a lot gruesome murders within a few days!

I hate to be that guy but isn't it against the rules to post bootleg footage? I wouldn't think having the video on twitter would bypass the rule

If it is, by all means I'll delete the video, no questions asked.

I like how the movie takes place within 5 days. There were a lot gruesome murders within a few days!

That's actually true for a lot of them when you think about it. B'89, Returns, Forever, TDK.....they all happen over a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"