The Batmobile Thread

Brian Bolland's TKJ's Batmobile. Old School.

url

Kinda powerfull looking. Maybe without a classic windshield, and a lil' bit more "armored" and hermetic look.

It would be nice to have a story where the Batmobile evolves. Maybe in a reboot it starts out just as suped up sports car and in future movies it move into more of a tank mode.

I loved the tumbler, however am ready for a flashy sports car type model (at least to start with).

Last edited:
God, no. Looks like the one from batman and robin. I say create a new one just like begins did. Something a mix between the tumbler and the 89 mobile

It reminds me more of a combination of the Batman Forever Batmobile (minus the ribbing and lighting) and the Burton Batmobile, plus the TAS grill.

It would be nice to have a story where the Batmobile evolves. Maybe in a reboot it starts out just as suped up sports car and in future movies it move into more of a tank mode.

I loved the tumbler, however am ready for a flashy sports car type model (at least to start with).

A 4.5 million lambo as the bat mobile, crazy idea - how many are in production - who bought one... oh a Mr Bruce Wayne - there's ya bats!

I think, in a 'realistic' world, if that's the route it will go down, there is no reason at all Bruce cannot own a lambo, or car like that. But for Bats to use it, no good. If Batman gets compromised, he has to leave the car - anyone sees that, or traces it back.

It could be convenient if bruce leaves the car somewhere, for batman to use at a later stage, prehaps a chase of some sort. Batman can flee and guess what, with alfred reporting it stolen, the only prints they will find are bruce's.

Sadly, i don't think a batmobile works - i think he should have a series of custom bikes - far easier to work his way through a city, evade police and can be desposed of.

I would love to see something that was used on The Batman cartoon. I didn't mind the versions that were used on that show at all. Something sleek...

Of course I would totally want the 89 Batmobile back, but that would never happen

Something sleek.

Something without the batman symbol all over it.

Something that survives through 3 movies.

That is all that require.

- Jow

Something that survives through 3 movies.
I wouldn't mind seeing something new in a 3rd movie, as long as we can still see the old one in the Batcave. So we know he changed it for a reason. I think that would be kinda cool.

No problem seeing it be the same car with modifications too.

- Jow

The three things I'd like to see incorporated are the split-windshield canopy, the scalloped fins, and maybe the rocket thruster on the back.

I would love to see something like this done in a live-action

arkham_batmobile01_zpsb883890b.jpg

I want something more traditional this time. No tank batmobile anymore.

I like this
batmobile1997tnabrcoupe.jpg

A sleeker Batmobile is the way to go, but the problem with those designs is that the boat-like length makes them very unmaneuverable. This isn't just a matter of dull pseudo-realism, as it would mean that chases could only really feature driving in straight lines.

I would love to see something like this done in a live-action

arkham_batmobile01_zpsb883890b.jpg

I'd like to see this, but adapt it a bit to make it look a bit more athletic. (See below)

A sleeker Batmobile is the way to go, but the problem with those designs is that the boat-like length makes them very unmaneuverable. This isn't just a matter of dull pseudo-realism, as it would mean that chases could only really feature driving in straight lines.

You're right, that was a big problem with the Burton/Schummacher Batmobiles, in spite of how sexy they looked. The Tumbler looked fantastic, but the way it moved is what made it particularly special. Something like the above pic, but play with the wheels so it can retain the jumping ability (which is great and makes so much sense for Batman while chasing or evading).

The TNBA Batmobile seems pretty compact to me.

The problem was so evident that they had to depict the '89 bat-mobile using some sort of grappling hook just to make a sharp turn. I loved the way the tumbler moved especially in that big police chase.

It was the 1st time i saw a batmobile depicted on screen that i believed could actually move like that in the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"