The Joker Thread - Part 1

We’ve seen too much Joker recently but we haven’t seen enough Batman vs Joker. They’ve shared scenes together in live action very little since TDK. I actually would love a full on Batman vs Joker movie with Keoghan and Pattinson. Set it primarily in Arkham.

Arkham has been sorely and... well, criminally underused on film. It is for all intents and purposes a haunted house with its own sense of being. I've been pining for an Arkham movie since Shutter Island and I will not stop until I am dead and buried.

Agreed and I also want to see Batman vs Joker in an abandoned amusement park. We have a lot more Batman vs Joker content to explore on film IMO. The problem is that they’ve exploited Jokers cinematic potential on his own. But a proper Arkham set Batman movie with Joker as the main villain has the potential to be the definitive Batman movie.

Arkham has been sorely and... well, criminally underused on film. It is for all intents and purposes a haunted house with its own sense of being. I've been pining for an Arkham movie since Shutter Island and I will not stop until I am dead and buried.
I'm almost 70% certain that that's what Part III will be.

Looking back, I’m kind of shocked that Arkham never figured into either of Burton’s movies. Schumacher was the first one to give us a taste.
I'm almost 70% certain that that's what Part III will be.
If Reeves’s take caps off with a film taking inspiration from A Serious House on Serious Earth, I’ll ****ing lose it.

Agreed and I also want to see Batman vs Joker in an abandoned amusement park. We have a lot more Batman vs Joker content to explore on film IMO. The problem is that they’ve exploited Jokers cinematic potential on his own. But a proper Arkham set Batman movie with Joker as the main villain has the potential to be the definitive Batman movie.
I'm just curious as to what the hell they could possibly do with this version as the main villain beyond just doing stuff for fun. Not that I necessarily want them to try and apply a coherent motive like Ledger or Phoenix, but I'm just curious.
He might work better as part of an ensemble, being the one who sets everything in motion with Batman cleaning it up.

Looking back, I’m kind of shocked that Arkham never figured into either of Burton’s movies. Schumacher was the first one to give us a taste.

If Reeves’s take caps off with a film taking inspiration from A Serious House on Serious Earth, I’ll ****ing lose it.

A loose adaptation of ASHOSE, only instead of the Ghost of Amadeus Arkham, its the Ghost of Martha Wayne.

I would like to see Joker in a small role in the second film before a loose ASHOSE adaptation for the third film. I’d like a more sexual and flirtatious Joker like in ASHOSE. That would be hilarious to see Pattinson’s Batman getting his ass squeezed by Keoghan’s Joker.
7ADD4F64-878E-424C-8444-D6EBFD22D58A.png

As much of a Miller apologist as I am, you’d think that TDKR would be my pick. But for my money ASHOSE is the perfect, definitive, Batman story. I’m not the biggest Morrison fan (I like them, I don’t love them) but ASHOSE has everything I could ever want from a Batman story. Except for Robin dammit! I would love to see McKean’s Robin.

Just rewatched Sacred Deer and he looks exactly the same here lol he's gonna be so damn good as his Joker role gets meatier and meatier

Art by Eedaeth. I don't love the jackets as much as that previous piece but it's always nice to have options.

20231105_020530.jpg

20231105_020506.jpg

20231105_020520.jpg

Last edited:
Having Martha being an Arkham in this universe wouldn't make sense if ASHOSE isn't the ultimate conclusion imo. Perfect opportunity to drive in the "descendant of Amadeus Arkham" theme that they would miss out on

If Saltburn isn't a valid example of how much potential Barry has in this role, idk what is.

Also... IFYKYK

Capture+_2023-12-27-22-34-17.png

That final dance around the mansion did give me a vibe of “What if Nicholson wasn’t old, out of shape and in a PG13 movie when he played the Joker
It didn't give me Nicholson vibes but it was definitely a rather Jokerish thing to do given the context

photoshop that suit with purple and green, and its perfect joker suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"