The Batsuit Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Thread Manager, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harrier

Harrier Well-Known Member

I get a feeling, the next Batsuit will resemble the Arkham Origins one if anything, minus some of the bulk at the feet. I could be wrong but it would be different "enough" than TDK trilogy but retain what studios seem to think is necessary on the silver screen.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  2. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

That suit is sick. i like how the belt isn't yellow .We definitely need the grey and black for the reboot

3. Harrier

Harrier Well-Known Member

Captain America suits have been referenced a bit, here's the latest image form the upcoming movie.

[​IMG]

Judging from that I think you can really begin to invision a Batsuit with more than JUST black that doesn't look too armored like TDK or too spandexy.

4. Saint

Saint The Devil's Robot

I really hope that's a uniform he wears for a specific purpose in the film, because they did such a good job (both times) adapting the classic costume that it would really suck if they ditched it.

That one is pretty bland by comparison.

5. Morcego

Morcego Tadarida Brasiliensis

I know I'm a bit late, but this costume, posted in the other thread, is brilliant:

[​IMG]

6. ThDWgeek

ThDWgeek Well-Known Member

If the bat symbol was separated from the cape and cowl, I'd be fine with it. I never like it when it blends into the cowl with nothing to make it stand out.

7. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

Aside from the helmet and shield like looks like a pretty generic hollywood military jump suit look.

8. Baazar

Baazar Member

All the new batsuits from the games and movies are tightening and pulling in the neck part of the cowl. Personally I favor the old one. The only part of the TDKR suit I would have changed. I know it makes more sense for him to turn his head, but there is something about the full cowl that I find cooler.

9. Knightstalker

Knightstalker Manners Maketh Man

No more all black batsuits. Definately want to see the chest and legs a dark grey, and the boots, cape, cowl and gloves can still remain black.

10. storyteller

storyteller Well-Known Member

I think it's style to go for more for style and implied function. The TDK costume I think was a much needed change. I think they were getting stuck on all black costumes with very subtle detail.

I want something akin to the Niteowl suit from Watchman. What I would really like to see adapted is the Earth 2 Batman suit(Bruce not the guy in red). It features a large Bat symbol which kinda leads into the cape. We know it's body armor now. We know it's got pads. It's time to get back into style.

11. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

The Batsuit hasn't really been all black for two films. It's been a somewhat awkward combination of black and gray plating.

12. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Well, the grey on the TDK suit is minimal enough and of dark enough of a shade that the suit is in effect, an all black suit. And I don't recall seeing ANY grey on the Begins suit at all.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  13. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

It's because Batman looks better in all black.
    The Zod and Faora undersuits in MoS just prove to me I don't want the grey look for Batman; at least not in the comic sense. Goo for accents, but not full suit.

14. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

*yawn*

15. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

16. souNdwAve89

souNdwAve89 Well-Known Member

This is probably posted somewhere on this forums, but "batinthesun" created a Batman vs Deadpool video where they used a similar Batsuit style from the Arkham video game series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAg2m5UlBYw

17. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

That clip was slightly better than I had feared.

The colour for that suit looked fine, the problem lay in the traction of the fabric over the torso- it was "teh puffy". I'm sure a better costume department would iron that out. I dislike the turtle-shell style AA gauntlets, and don't know why easily the worst element of that Batsuit is so frequently imitated.

18. Steamteck

Steamteck Well-Known Member

I would really like to see a nimble Batman.

19. Malcolm Belmont

Malcolm Belmont Well-Known Member

Pretty Much this..

[​IMG]

20. the5timechamp

the5timechamp Well-Known Member

I dont know what the future batsuit will look like...though the suit in TDKR is perfectly fine with the exception of the overly complicated chest/bat symbol...still knowing that they will change the suit I hope they keep the one aspect that absolutely unequivocally worked...the cape, they nailed the look and functionality.

Regardless of how the batsuit looks I hope whoever is in charge of the film takes the time to truly show it off in the film...I want my damn batman patrolling and hunting. Batman Begins had the dramatic poses and even a small scene of batman navigating and hunting (well more like hanging off a wall then climbing)....

Also I hope whoever is in charge tries the white lenses look again..it can be justified as the cowl always having lenses over the eyes that give off a "faint" glow when batman uses different vision modes. (dark knight focused too much on selling the functionality and not the "look")

21. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Well-Known Member

I really don't care for all the seams on Batman's suit and boots. Also, I believe that Red Robin outfit should be modified to look a little more distinct. As it is, it looks like a modern Robin outfit with a different symbol.

22. cryptic name

cryptic name No Limits

Love that batsuit. I'd be so happy if we got something like that. And if you threw some sleeves, some green, and an R on that Red Robin outfit to make it full on Robin it'd be pretty dope too.

23. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

Presuming the drawings of those suits are supposed to connote fabric and not rubber, I really like them. I would be interested to see Robin with a touch of green, however.

24. TheDarkKnight83

TheDarkKnight83 Vigilante

Here's a manip of the new Captain America suit just to see what it would look like:
    [​IMG]

The symbol's that large just to work with the chest logo already there.

25. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

It's hideous, in my opinion.

No reflection on the quality of your manip, though, which is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.