The BATSUIT Thread

The movie is next spring they'll have plenty of time to fix it.

It's really not that bad. The screen shot isnt doing it any favors, but I mean that's generally how a whole lot of first trailers go though. CGI shots that are quick and largely unfinished. Just finished enough to give you an idea of what's happening.

I've always said the neck should have a cgi touch up, i mean, the area should be in shadows and darker lighting most of the time, maybe a practical suit with a clear seam/split that allows the head to turn and just edit over that in post - heck if they can give Tony Stark that suit, or Cyborg, a neck won't hurt.

I saw the accountant for the first time last night - i will miss Ben if we don't see him again, some of those scenes were great and i do believe if he leaned up he could play a younger Bruce.

But, going back to the cowl, i would actually prefer a cowl which looks material but with metal plates and i actually wouldn't mind a scene where he pulls it off from his face so it falls back like a discard hood... would be different and cool. Pretty much this is what i envisage.

cowl 1.jpg

BvS test suit and the actual suit:

ktpcs8l0fvn11.jpg

The test suit has different muscle structure, and a much smaller neck and fitted cowl. It's also less puffy.

Comparing the two again, the differences are certainly very small, but they are definately there.

This thread is still on topic. The bvs batsuit Is still a valid option for conversation here.

I like the overall shape of the test suit, but it definitely still looks like rubber. At least the JL suit looked like it could be fabric, instead of the molded musculature of the BvS costume.

I hope we get something more realistic and less Hollywood with Reeves' film. I've always loved the Batman Inc. look, and Bermejo's would be perfect if the cape wasn't attached to the Bat symbol.

Test suit looks so much better even with the subtle differences. Crazy how much little things can change how he looks in the suit. Looks like he actually has a neck and it’s fitted to his body better.

I think it’s the giant oversied lats on the actual suit that makes it look like Ben can’t put his arms down all the way.

I don't know what that means.
It means that up until now the majority of Batman's onscreen costumes have been rubber doubling for whatever armor he supposedly he and it looks incredibly fake. The Snyder suits have the added bonus of putting ridiculous amounts of padding on Affleck to offset his height and make him look intimidating.

The JL is closest to my personal preference of having something that looks like actual fabric, but it's still not perfect. I wish they would get rid of the rubber cowls with black eye makeup.

It means that up until now the majority of Batman's onscreen costumes have been rubber doubling for whatever armor he supposedly he and it looks incredibly fake. The Snyder suits have the added bonus of putting ridiculous amounts of padding on Affleck to offset his height and make him look intimidating.

The JL is closest to my personal preference of having something that looks like actual fabric, but it's still not perfect. I wish they would get rid of the rubber cowls with black eye makeup.
The Wilkinson suits look like strong, sturdy meshes shrink-wrapped around a US marine-type body.
I'd leave the helmet for some other Bat-character.

But you can clearly tell it's not Affleck's physique. Just compare his shirtless scene in BvS to his costume.

And even though I sort of like the JL suit, when he has the cowl and gloves off he looks like he's wearing his older bother's clothes.

264fd8676cfd93583a7f100ff3e3e60f

But you can clearly tell it's not Affleck's physique. Just compare his shirtless scene in BvS to his costume.

And even though I sort of like the JL suit, when he has the cowl and gloves off he looks like he's wearing his older bother's clothes.

264fd8676cfd93583a7f100ff3e3e60f

The "realistic" rationale there is under armour. The JL suit in particular has all these protruding patches to make that clearer.

It looks goofy to me, especially the parts that molded to look like muscle when it's clearly part of the costume and not his body. The fake six packs need to stop.

It looks goofy to me, especially the parts that molded to look like muscle when it's clearly part of the costume and not his body. The fake six packs need to stop.
I don't have any problem with body-shaped breastplate (like Roman muscle armor) on Batman. He's supposed to deceive his enemies. But it looks goofy and fake on heroes like Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"